Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 1029votes)

The Gamer

Alt Names: alt Banzaialt 더 게이머alt Oyuncu(Turkish)alt THE 게이머alt اللاعبalt بازیکن
Author: Sung Sang-Young
Artist: Sang-Ah
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalWebtoon Webtoon[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: Official RAW of The Gamer: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=552960

Official English translation: http://www.webtoons.com/episodeList?titleNo=88

====Batoto Staff Notice====
This comic has been requested to be taken down by Naver. Do not upload, for any language.
This record has been left here to serve as a notice.
===========================
Go to The Gamer Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Gamer latest chapter discussion New Window 12 others
  • 1391 Replies
Topic His Father? New Window Ninjacat Dude
  • 18 Replies
Topic poeple better at being a gamer then the gamer New Window cjk33
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
Topic Light novel New Window 25Baam
  • 1 Replies

2160 Comments

I can only say one word about what's happening : pathetic

And it's officially dead here. Thanks Batoto and all of the Scanlator for introducing me to this series. I'll bear with it and read their official TL at LINE Webtoon (even though it's suck).

mangacow has continued to release the series but it seems it does not get uploaded here

http://mngacow.com/The-Gamer/34/3/

mangareader has up to the 46. chapter, good quality

Chapter 46 now reaches out to Pen&Paper RPGs as well. Interesting.

No new releases since April WTF?!?

0004.jpg

"The comment section is not the place to discuss the release schedule of other websites or groups. Please keep any discussion about the plot." -Staff Quote in the description above.

"If posting Plot Details, use Spoiler Tags, or move it to the Forums instead." -Rule #2 in the Comment Section Rules post on the forums.

I know it says you can post plot details, but that's still pretty ambiguous wording there, whichever staff member posted that in the description. It's like the rules should be updated or something.

The LINE Webtoon app have got "The Gamer" in its releases, sadly it restarted from the beginning and is only at chapter 5-6, but is TG official translation.

This may be the solution, I hope they do a bulk catch-up

You can catch up with 'the gamer' at mngacow, they have been translating it and it is hosted on their site. There is a low chance of it getting hosted here unless another group decides to take it up and and allow it to be hosted here. And with the rise of 1st party translation sites like LINE or tapastic it may be taken down in the near future anyway

Thank You

I see there is some controversy on the merits of supporting MangaCow but if it is the only way to read it then I may eventually read it there as well, for now I will wait as long as I can

Jee-Han OP much, nerf pls

Ch.45 funny...

Spoiler

The LINE Webtoon app have got "The Gamer" in its releases, sadly it restarted from the beginning and is only at chapter 5-6, but is a official translation.

Hello, could someone who has a middle ground stance please post a run-down on what's happened to 'The Gamer'.  

I prefer to read from Batoto because I want to respect the wishes of those that put in the work to translate while sticking to one website, but I and probably others want to continue reading 'The Gamer'

You can catch up with 'the gamer' at mngacow, they have been translating it and it is hosted on their site. There is a low chance of it getting hosted here unless another group decides to take it up and and allow it to be hosted here. And with the rise of 1st party translation sites like LINE or tapastic it may be taken down in the near future anyway

Hello, could someone who has a middle ground stance please post a run-down on what's happened to 'The Gamer'.  

I prefer to read from Batoto because I want to respect the wishes of those that put in the work to translate while sticking to one website, but I and probably others want to continue reading 'The Gamer'

...... read the topic and you see that its about mangapirate.net. A new site/group that did not last long.

I thought Mangacow is Mangapirate, just under a different name.

Mangacow is a merger of sakicow and no manga i believe here a topic to read about them buying script to steal form egs HERE (notice this is the first time i say steal and not say take)

...... read the topic and you see that its about mangapirate.net. A new site/group that did not last long.

Close to the truth, but not.  Kista, who leads Mangacow and led BAP disbanded BAP when some BAP group members did not agree with him being admin.   So, Mangacow did have a hand in BAP disbanding, and he picked up The Gamer when he said he would not pick it up.

Y gracias, Prince Scans

Glad that happened. Onerea or whatever the call themselves was slow.

Close to the truth, but not.  Kista, who leads Mangacow and led BAP disbanded BAP when some BAP group members did not agree with him being admin.   So, Mangacow did have a hand in BAP disbanding, and he picked up The Gamer when he said he would not pick it up.

Y gracias, Prince Scans

er i was referring to projects of the actual groups ,rather than the group itself, well egs could be an exception . I have no idea on BAP though.

quite a while ago my korean friend tell me that "The Gamer" are based from a novel called "The Gamer Fantasia", he told me that it has the same MC same Ability, and the only thing different is that the MC is transferred to fantasy world, could somebody confirm whether its true or not ?

Yep, it's by the same author (Just the writer, without art). Some things are the same and some things are different. JiHan's name is the same, but he's a college student instead of high school, and how he got the power is because

Spoiler

People who read the novel have said that the webtoon version is better.

"They takes a series from other  groups,sometimes  forcing the other groups to drop out as they don't want to bother with it, most of the webcomics HAD Scantaltors but were forced OUT" 

Stupid, and not true. mngacow has picked up some series that would have been dropped (Black Haze, Gamer) when other groups disband  (BAP). You just sound ignorant spouting off all this trash talk about a group that provides entertaining translations for the public.

Y gracias, Prince Scans

I wouldnt talk crap about manga cow because the reality is if it wasnt for them half of the web toons out their would not be translated and they do a consistent job at that, there is only two groups that literally do koreon web toons and they are one of 2, so I wouldnt talk trash of a group and say their qaulity is ok, for god sakes they are using digital scans which are not that great to begin with its not like they are scanning them themselves and have quality control over them. I would say ty guys for you hard work

This was not meant as an insult. They are fast and the quality is oaky. Thats what most people want. Of corse, EGS and The Company translate them maybe in a better quality (grammar and things), but in the end, it doesnt matter much. People need to decide for their own, what they read. In the case if ToG, mangacow just took over he raw ranslating thread with their speedscans.

There will be an official english release of Noblesse as it seems. One thing less to figth about :D

"They takes a series from other  groups,sometimes  forcing the other groups to drop out as they don't want to bother with it, most of the webcomics HAD Scantaltors but were forced OUT" 

Stupid, and not true. mngacow has picked up some series that would have been dropped (Black Haze, Gamer) when other groups disband  (BAP). You just sound ignorant spouting off all this trash talk about a group that provides entertaining translations for the public.

Mangacow took noblesse and nobelsse already had a dedicated group EGS that caught up to the raws,

Crepescule being done by egs, and also mangacow took intrest in it, Breaker new waves done by A-team(2-3 chs away form catching up the raws.-also mangacow took interest in it,

Tower of god has a caught up to the raws and has a dedicated group called The company, but mangacow also took on that series.

Also black haze and gamer is scanned by mangajoy and mangacow both of them caught up to the raws and are both speed scans(this alone makes your first sentence less reliable)

Mangacow is a merger of sakicow and no manga i believe here a topic to read about them buying script to steal form egs HERE (notice this is the first time i say steal and not say take)

they make money from the scans for visiting thier site, its for profit thye benefit form having us read it.As that is the main goal. Some of the scans they are paid to translate. They don't need your TY, as you can just go to thier side and they generate revenue.

They takes a series from other  groups,sometimes  forcing the other groups to drop out as they don't want to bother with it, most of the webcomics HAD Scantaltors but were forced OUT . They get money form you reading their stuff, and you get to enjoy a cheaper chapter,. Its a trade, which they benefit form, stop talking like they are a walking charity,  they are part of a company that manages many manga sites, and make a tidy profit from it,kissing the floor they walk in and calling them saints doesn't benefit you or them.

Also they are speed scans group that is the main definition of low-average quality, arguing this point is stupid unless you have shallow knowledge of what a speed scan is in general .The effects are worse when they do it for manga and manwha.

The original Korean authors that made the series don't get jack , mangacow doesn't even give the links to the korean raws or props to the original author, so the original authors don't even get ad revenue and view count to make money.

We all like free shit, but let's not get naive and ass kissing mode here bro.

Also Onera scans is till going but they are only at 47, just no longer on batoto, and you do realize they only choose to scan comics that ALREADY scanned by another group right? They don't introduce new series, only take what is already popular from other groups.

I wouldnt talk crap about manga cow because the reality is if it wasnt for them half of the web toons out their would not be translated and they do a consistent job at that, there is only two groups that literally do koreon web toons and they are one of 2, so I wouldnt talk trash of a group and say their qaulity is ok, for god sakes they are using digital scans which are not that great to begin with its not like they are scanning them themselves and have quality control over them. I would say ty guys for you hard work

they make money from the scans for visiting thier site, its for profit thye benefit form having us read it.As that is the main goal. Some of the scans they are paid to translate. They don't need your TY, as you can just go to thier side and they generate revenue.

They takes a series from other  groups,sometimes  forcing the other groups to drop out as they don't want to bother with it, most of the webcomics HAD Scantaltors but were forced OUT . They get money form you reading their stuff, and you get to enjoy a cheaper chapter,. Its a trade, which they benefit form, stop talking like they are a walking charity,  they are part of a company that manages many manga sites, and make a tidy profit from it,kissing the floor they walk in and calling them saints doesn't benefit you or them.

Also they are speed scans group that is the main definition of low-average quality, arguing this point is stupid unless you have shallow knowledge of what a speed scan is in general .The effects are worse when they do it for manga and manwha.

The original Korean authors that made the series don't get jack , mangacow doesn't even give the links to the korean raws or props to the original author, so the original authors don't even get ad revenue and view count to make money.

We all like free shit, but let's not get naive and ass kissing mode here bro.

Also Onera scans is till going but they are only at 47, just no longer on batoto, and you do realize they only choose to scan comics that ALREADY scanned by another group right? They don't introduce new series, only take what is already popular from other groups.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics