Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 61votes)

Kageno datte Seishun Shitai

Alt Names: alt 影野だって青春したいalt Even Kageno Wants to Enjoy the Springtime Of Her Youth
Author: Kitagawa Yuka
Artist: Kitagawa Yuka
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Meet Kageno, the super dull, glasses wearing, short first year high school girl. She has no friends and envies people who are enjoying their youth.

Meet Mitsunaga Youta,the most popular handsome guy in school. Girls constantly confess their love to him, but he has no plans of dating anyone. After a string of events, he decides to ask Kageno to be his fake girlfriend for a month in order to stop the girls from confessing to him in return for his friendship. How will Kageno face all the ordeals that are about to come?

This is the beginning of a love comedy between the school idol and the negative girl.
Go to Kageno datte Seishun Shitai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic How tall is Kageno? New Window Sceleris
  • 0 Replies

40 Comments

wahhh this has so much potential! i love it :)

this is real cute

~san~

woow i like it!!! I want more in%20love

Extremely cliche setup, but the first chapter is GREAT!

MHpulUy.png

Definitely following.

The setup is pretty cliche, but for such a cliche setup, I find the characters kinda refreshing.

Kageno is a little self-deprecating but she's got character, and Mitsunaga has everything going for him (looks, grades, athletics, popularity), but he's not stuck up and is actually a pretty good guy. Mitsunaga's friendly, but he doesn't radiate kindness to everybody he meets (i.e. he bluntly rejects the pretty girl from the class next door). He's nice, but not clueless. I guess you could say he's civil or just honest. Usually when there's a male character who's handsome and popular like this in shoujo, he either

a. plays it straight and really is nice to everybody, or

b. he actually has a nasty, hidden personality.

But Mitsunaga seems unsettled when girls hit on him so he gets all stony-faced and blunt when talking to them, though he's still a nice guy. It's like he just wants to be normal and not stand out.

I just find the main characters pretty likable.

I admit it, the first thing I thought after reading the summary and seeing the cover was "I bet she's cute when she takes of her glasses and that the guy's going to be the first one to find out"

if that's true, it doesn't sound all that interesting

Sorry to burst your bubble but she will look like that throughout the series: AVERAGE. She takes off her glasses on the third chapter dresses up on the fourth but she looks the same. Nothing to fuss about. This story is basically about how the female protagonist develops into a better person with just THAT, looking very average in a story filled with scenarios that's pretty much very shoujo. This story tackles one major question: How will she survive if she does not have the beauty, brains, body, nor brawns? She only has CHARACTER (which is even awkward and a guy friend who is the exact opposite of her). Will she be able to enjoy her youth with just that?

Everyone wants to enjoy their youth but in reality, not everyone is blessed with great assets in order to do so. Kageno is one of them.

I admit it, the first thing I thought after reading the summary and seeing the cover was "I bet she's cute when she takes of her glasses and that the guy's going to be the first one to find out"

if that's true, it doesn't sound all that interesting

I still can't help but love this cliche kind of plot

i felt like i read the same plot summary for a thousand times XD

Sometimes Cliches and Stereotype are best because we easily identify with it and be sides stories like these aren't half bad. Maybe its a cliche for a reason coz well you know, it already sucked me in and caught my attention.

ignoring the pessimistic people. i love this art. reminds me of sora no otoshimono. definitely following

Lol you are so totally right, especially the reactions or rather the chibifications 

ignoring the pessimistic people. i love this art. reminds me of sora no otoshimono. definitely following

Gosh, people! This is only the first chapter. Why so pessimistic? LOL.

The next chapters are really adorable ya know. ='D

Deja-vu. Bound to be uninteresting.

I bet he'll fall for Kageno real soon.

i felt like i read the same plot summary for a thousand times XD

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics