Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.37 - 111votes)

Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata

Alt Names: alt 不起眼女主角培育法alt 冴えない彼女の育てかたalt 路人女主的养成方法alt How to raise a novice Heroinealt 시원찮은 그녀를 위한 육성방법alt SAEKANO - How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend
Author: Maruto Fumiaki
Artist: Moriki Takeshi
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A highschool otaku named Aki Tomoya runs into his dream girl one day...only to find that she has the faintest presence to his chagrin!

Now with his otaku passions, Tomoya wants to turn the girl into a heroine in the only realm he is familiar with: 2D dating simulation game. To accomplish this objective, he scouts Eriri Spencer Sawamura, his half-foreigner childhood friend equipped with artistic talent, as the illustrator, and Kasumigaoka Utaha, a famous prodigy writer, as the script writer.

Oh, did we mention the dream girl's name?

Side Story:

> Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata - Girls Side
( http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/saenai-kanojo-heroine-no-sodatekata-girls-side-r21426 )

Alternate Story:

> Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata ~egoistic-lily~
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/saenai-kanojo-heroine-no-sodatekata-egoistic-lily-r9675 )

> Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata - Koisuru Metronome
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/saenai-kanojo-heroine-no-sodatekata-koisuru-metronome-r10478 )
Go to Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Please continue???? New Window delectro
  • 0 Replies

194 Comments

@all
We've finally reached where anime s1 ended! Next is Utaha's arc. :D

Yessss, finally the moment where Michiru gets put in her place is coming up. Been waiting for this. 

hahaha this was certainly a good one, Katou is a forced to be reckoned with 

I prefer how they did it in the anime than in the manga (don't know how happened at the LN)

Spoiler

priceless 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cjvd3iTidY

still, utaha > katou >> everyone else

The LN version gets the same treatment as the manga. The anime version did changed some stuff for the better. Now I kind of wandering on how they will handle volume 5 and later volumes 6-7, since they have the "best" bits for the series due to its getting closer on their goal at winter comiket.

still, utaha > katou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

Megumi>>Utaha.

hahaha this was certainly a good one, Katou is a forced to be reckoned with 

I prefer how they did it in the anime than in the manga (don't know how happened at the LN)

Spoiler

priceless 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cjvd3iTidY

still, utaha > katou >> everyone else

Jesus, don't get into a battle of wits with Katou. That girl's dangerous.

Katou just uninstall system32

Plain heroines should just bow to our lord and saviour utaha-senpai.

Damn, cousin kind of went full bitch mode at the end, there. Why does she even think him failing in his endeavors would somehow force him into helping her? If she'd told me what she told him, even if I'd considered helping her prior, I'd have responded in kind: "I won't do anything regardless"

I'd have her shipped back home personally.

Damn, cousin kind of went full bitch mode at the end, there. Why does she even think him failing in his endeavors would somehow force him into helping her? If she'd told me what she told him, even if I'd considered helping her prior, I'd have responded in kind: "I won't do anything regardless"

I wonder how many people notice how blithely Megumi decides to straight-up lie. 

wait where? In the cousin thing?

And thus, we're seeing Megumi as the circle holder.

Just as she was since it formed.

The cousin is an enjoyable "villain".

And thus, we're seeing Megumi as the circle holder.

LMAO! The jealousy is strong with this one. XD

Spoiler
Here, it goes, 3D Megumi's platinum trolling of 2D brains.

Please tell me there's a different ending.

Well, that's not the ending anyway.

i believe they do, there's different alternate stories with different girl's ending, 

Now is the moment that erishit proves why she is the worst girl.

thank for the updated.

It's so frustrating too because I want to like her so much, but this coming crap just... ugh.

Now is the moment that erishit proves why she is the worst girl.

thank for the updated.

Spoiler

It was kinda true for the earlier part of the story, but in-universe-wise it's:
-Kanou Meguri/Hinoe Ruri
-Kawamura Spider Kirari (you probably saw this name first in the ~egoistic lily~ adaptation)
-Hibarigaoka Kaho (kanji for "Ka" here can be read as "Uta" but not the same kanji as the one for her real name)
-Endou Miharu
Izumi's in-universe name hasn't been revealed.

Utaha's scenario isn't quite that simple however from my LN perspecive.

From my LN point of view, it's one where the heroine(Ruri) who was unable to overcome the barrier (siblings) to become the protag(Souma)'s lover exactly because said barrier was what connected her to him in the first place is now in a situation where she is able to do so.
Whereas in the in-universe's "real world", Utaha was turned down by Tomoya due to, in Tomoya's words, she being god/the writer while he was just a fan, and then ~3 months later, Megumi happened and Tomoya told Utaha that he wanted to come over to the creative side.

It's kinda the happy end that she wanted to happen out of this whole situation.

The anime kinda screw with that with one image which suggest that there was something between Ruri and Souma in the first place.

Which scenario that you're talking about ?
Initial scenario ? Revised scenario ? Ruri end ? Or final scenarios ?

My current understanding is that we will be proceeding with this series.

this doesn't need to be said but I'll say it anyway, meguri = katou, ruri = senpai. utaha's story is one where the aki starts with katou and ends up with utaha.

It was kinda true for the earlier part of the story, but in-universe-wise it's:
-Kanou Meguri/Hinoe Ruri
-Kawamura Spider Kirari (you probably saw this name first in the ~egoistic lily~ adaptation)
-Hibarigaoka Kaho (kanji for "Ka" here can be read as "Uta" but not the same kanji as the one for her real name)
-Endou Miharu
Izumi's in-universe name hasn't been revealed.

Utaha's scenario isn't quite that simple however from my LN perspecive.

From my LN point of view, it's one where the heroine(Ruri) who was unable to overcome the barrier (siblings) to become the protag(Souma)'s lover exactly because said barrier was what connected her to him in the first place is now in a situation where she is able to do so.

Whereas in the in-universe's "real world", Utaha was turned down by Tomoya due to, in Tomoya's words, she being god/the writer while he was just a fan, and then ~3 months later, Megumi happened and Tomoya told Utaha that he wanted to come over to the creative side.

It's kinda the happy end that she wanted to happen out of this whole situation.

The anime kinda screw with that with one image which suggest that there was something between Ruri and Souma in the first place.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics