Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 109votes)

Watashi ga Motete Dousunda

Alt Names: alt Boys, Please Kiss Him Instead of Mealt 私がモテてどうすんだalt Don't kiss me!alt Küss ihn, nicht mich!alt Kiss Him, Not Me (JUNKO)alt Pocałuj jego, kolego!alt Vad skulle du göra om jag blev populär?alt Watashi ga Motete Dousu n daalt What Will You Do If I Become Popular ?alt What Would You Do If I Was Popular?alt 我太受欢迎了该怎么办
Author: Junko
Artist: Junko
Genres: Comedy ComedyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Serinuma Kae is a 2nd year high schooler, and is an avid fujoshi who secretly ships her classmates, Igarashi-kun and Nanashima-kun. The death of her favorite anime character causes her to become stressed--and loses weight rapidly. Now that Serinuma has became an attractive girl to her classmates, her snarky kouhai Shinomiya-kun, and her senpai Mutsumi, how is she going to deal with them...with her constant BL-filled, fujoshi mind?!
Go to Watashi ga Motete Dousunda Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

119 Comments

Yep, I`m totally getting yandere vibes from him. 

Igarashi, become yandere plz... That'll make things more interesting!

Igarashi, become yandere plz... That'll make things more interesting!

Sempai's the best. If he don't win I'll be upset.

Spoiler

jizz-in-my-pants-jewish-300x222.jpg

No! Don't resist the force of happy-go-lucky feeling you get from spending that time with everyone! D: be buddies

Spoiler

Dat SnK reference!

Who's your favourite ship?

Spoiler

Why this shoujo harem is worth checking out :

1) Girl wasn't bullied when she was fat

2) Girl isn't stupid

3) Freakin' hilarious

Now, GO READ!

It's announced that Watashi ga Motete Dousunda has surpassed printing 200,000 copies.

Spoiler

this is so crazily funny! I laughed too hard at the office >//<

and I like the senpai! senpai is the best! shipping for kae and senpai!

Just leaving this here...

Spoiler

I love it! I haven't laughed so hard while reading in a long time. 

I laugh so bad,,, they are  so funny..
but after all, I prefer mutsumiya senpai and sometimes nanashima-kun :D

Well, it's been decided since chapter 1 that I'm shipping Kae x Mutsumi. I also love how he's the only one who doesn't seem at all phased by anything that happens. And going to the movies, even though all he actually wanted was the sequel book in a series. XD Was nice to see him angry at the brother tho. ...Yep, I'm head over heels for Mutsumi. 

Tbh, don't care much for Shinomiya, as a character or anything. Igarashi and Nana amuse me.

Lol, her reaction when her fave character (Shion) died. I could totally relate >>" 

Awww Mutsumiya-Senpai is so considerate. I'm rooting for him!

Those sheets!   LOL    And the shrine to Shion  -  

Yes sempai is my favorite one too. 

As a literal translation, this isn't wrong, but the author would have used a different form of suru if she intended that meaning, for example dou suru yo, or the conditional dou sureba ii.

The use of dou su(ru)~n da here means something close to 'what's the point'. Considering Kae wants to see the boys together, rather than with herself, "What's the point of me being popular?!" would be the liberal translation of the Japanese title.

Ah, I'm really new to Japanese, so my experiences with どうするんだ/どうすんだ have all been limited to the meaning of "what about it/what should [ ] do with it/what should [ ] do about it/what [ ] going to do about it?"

e.g. 「私、離婚したい。もう決めたの。」
「まじ? 赤ちゃんはどうすんだよ?」

or

「今日はどうするんだ? 家帰るか、それともここ泊まるか?」

「今日は帰るわ。親に泊まるって言ってこなかったし」

There are a lot of things (like nuances) that I'll need to pick up from experience rather than textbook, so thanks a lot for clarifying!

One of a kind shoujo

Actually, Fujoshi Kanojo is even better. And based on a novel, which is a true story.

This is really cute, of course. In Fujoshi Kanojo, the guy even writes BL for her. omfg XDD

Must admit if she doesn't end up with Senpai I'm going to be sorely put out. 

Senpai is the best. All the way, since chapter 1.

Spoiler

I wish I could score like this..

Capt*in Ts*basa LOLOLOLOLOL

Spoiler

That last panel seriously made me laugh.

These fujoshi characters always seem to appeal to me. So damn funny, definitely followed

Ah, actually 'watashi ga motete dousunda' doesn't literally translate to "Boys, please kiss him instead of me" but actually "What do I do now that I'm popular!?"

As a literal translation, this isn't wrong, but the author would have used a different form of suru if she intended that meaning, for example dou suru yo, or the conditional dou sureba ii.

The use of dou su(ru)~n da here means something close to 'what's the point'. Considering Kae wants to see the boys together, rather than with herself, "What's the point of me being popular?!" would be the liberal translation of the Japanese title.

Edit: to clarify, "dou sunda" can almost always be taken as a somewhat frustrated exclamation - specifically, the omission of ru (る) in suru (する) makes it less polite. In some cases, this phrase might be used as an accusation - with the implication that the accused is expected to do something about it, hence the use of the 'to do' verb.

In situations where no one specific is accused, dousunda is often translated to 'what's the point' because it conveys the same message - frustration at the world in general.

I am definitely rooting for Shinomiya. He's such a cutie; I mean, he's just holding a little group of flowers with a flustered, blushing face on the cover of the first volume. uwu Although I feel like Igarashi is probably going to end up victorious... OTL

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics