Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.56 - 144votes)

Uchuu Kyoudai

Alt Names: alt 宇宙兄弟alt สองสิงห์ อวกาศalt Space Brothersalt Uchū Kyōdaialt Uchu Kyodai
Author: Koyama Chuuya
Artist: Koyama Chuuya
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One night in 2006, when they were young, the two brothers Mutta (born 1993) and Hibito (born 1996) saw what appeared to be a UFO heading for the moon. They decided that night to both become astronauts and travel out into space.

In 2025, Hibito has become an astronaut, and he's going to go to the moon. Mutta ended up following a more traditional career path with an auto development company. However, Mutta just ruined his career through a violent altercation with his boss. Now, not only has he lost his job, he appears to be blacklisted in the entire industry. Maybe this is a rare opportunity for Mutta to once again chase his childhood dream and become an astronaut like his little brother!

============Notice================
Unfortunatly the only chapters available from a certain point are direct scans from the English publication which are not allowed on Batoto.
==========Notice End==============
Go to Uchuu Kyoudai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic thx for the whole volume translated!!! this made my day New Window Ronny Johan
  • 1 Replies
Topic Uchuu Kyoudai - Chapter Discussion New Window Buttock Follicle
  • 0 Replies

392 Comments

Well to be realistic, its not like they chose an abundance of rookie astronauts to go to space, so its quite realistic imo. 

Now, I am not a realism-freak. Although in this kind of story one expects the technical parts to be fairly true to reality (stretched just a bit to account for the fact that this is set in the near-future), I don't mind if the author did not research the ordeals of astronaut training exhaustively. I don't even know whether this kind of information is available, anyway. I'm sure the space agencies of countries which send people to the space don't just disclose all aspects of their traning pipeline (and for good reasons, too). So I fully believe the author is making lots of things up (if not in the stages of training themselves, at least in the details of how they are carried out).

However, in the case of this Neemo training… what is the point of putting together people who are best friends just to plant the seed of animosity between them when it is revealed only one of them has progressed, and specifically at the expense of the other? I wouldn't call this a "Battle Royale" because the members are not aware of this "only one survives" rule, so they are unlikely to resent each other until after the training is complete and the results are announced. I am fully convinced that Kenji and Mutta are going to work together as best friends they are…

… and then NASA will deliberately introduce a point of conflict in their friendship. Why, I wonder? I think the mangaka is not being very convincing here.

Oh well, it could be argued that, if their friendship survives this, they will be even closer later on. But what is the point of that, if by choosing only one to go on lunar missions, the chances that the two will work together virtually vanish? All possible gains in mutual trust fail to be converted in benefits for teamwork.

By the way, I think Kenji will make it and Mutta will be sidelined… only to be slated for Mars later on. One step back, one leap forward.

And now this is Uchuu Kyoudai Royale T_T

From Russia with Love.

The feels!

i_will_wait_for_you-173839_thumb.jpg

I will come back Olga, when you've reached the age of consent :P

"Hibito-kun monogatari" : there's no use getting our hopes up, guys.

they do say that age is just a number... lol

She's fifteen,  she's fifteen, she's fifteen, she's fifteen, she's fifteen......

Pork the Russian teen, Hibichov!

It's not a crime if she looks mature. Right guys? Guys?...

And I guess this is where Olga...

Spoiler

Sometimes I think this manga should be bi-weekly or monthly. There are often chapters in which the plots only advances a little. It is almost as if the mangaka were storyboarding in bunches of three or four chapters as then splitting them to meet the required length of the magazine.

Hibichov don't do it...

First the parachute corner cutting, now this. NASA white-collar management be damned...

On the other hand, Olga really wants that D-I mean, Hibbit. That's a really mature way of thinking for a 15 year old, is that how serious she is??

hmm, so Hibbito just needs to go to Mars and back at a significant portion of the speed of light, and return just in time for Olga's 2xth birthday.

Sounds Doable.

Who also thinks there will be romance between Olga and Hibito later on?

Who doesn't?

"Hello, Tolstoy? Yes, I would like to order the complete collection of Olga's development recordings collector's edition." - Hibito

XD

Who also thinks there will be romance between Olga and Hibito later on?

The harder it gets, the more beautiful it appears.

« Get me what he's having »

Seriously ?

Guys, never say it about a Russian guy in a bar.

Therapy through alcohol... That can't go bad, right?

What does drinking alcohol and getting wasted have to do with anything? 

I think the strategy is to get Hibito to relax first. If someone fights against panic disorder in a conscious level too much, they become excessively self-aware and lose the ability to go with the flow. Excessive self-awareness can trigger panic attacks, so getting the person to relax is a first step.

Pedobear DVD acquired

What does drinking alcohol and getting wasted have to do with anything? 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics