Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.56 - 144votes)

Uchuu Kyoudai

Alt Names: alt 宇宙兄弟alt สองสิงห์ อวกาศalt Space Brothersalt Uchū Kyōdaialt Uchu Kyodai
Author: Koyama Chuuya
Artist: Koyama Chuuya
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One night in 2006, when they were young, the two brothers Mutta (born 1993) and Hibito (born 1996) saw what appeared to be a UFO heading for the moon. They decided that night to both become astronauts and travel out into space.

In 2025, Hibito has become an astronaut, and he's going to go to the moon. Mutta ended up following a more traditional career path with an auto development company. However, Mutta just ruined his career through a violent altercation with his boss. Now, not only has he lost his job, he appears to be blacklisted in the entire industry. Maybe this is a rare opportunity for Mutta to once again chase his childhood dream and become an astronaut like his little brother!

============Notice================
Unfortunatly the only chapters available from a certain point are direct scans from the English publication which are not allowed on Batoto.
==========Notice End==============
Go to Uchuu Kyoudai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic thx for the whole volume translated!!! this made my day New Window Ronny Johan
  • 1 Replies
Topic Uchuu Kyoudai - Chapter Discussion New Window Buttock Follicle
  • 0 Replies

392 Comments

These are going to be the last chapters of IMS and probably here for a while as well. They dropped it because of CRmanga...

Wow, that's a pity, I like IMS' various scanlation too.  I guess they can focus on their resources on another series then, but they did a bang up job with this one.  Guess I'll go take a look at what all this shenanigan is about.

These are going to be the last chapters of IMS and probably here for a while as well. They dropped it because of CRmanga...

I saw an update and it made me happy. Then I realized we just got two chapters! Thanks a whole bunch, iMangaScan!

So Mutta has made it. As has Ben Hart. If Shane McGowan made it too, I'll have a full score (not that it wasn't an easy guess).

The glowing reviews he got may mean the beginning of a lucky streak for him. (He deserves a little luck, don't you think?)

It's also necessary, because in this manga's drama-comedy swings, the next one should be back to Hibito's rehab problems.

I'd like to say "called it", but it seems like my comments were deleted, guess the speculations were too close to the actual story.  :3  Now I'm just curious on the other neemo teams.

Actually, I left a comment as well but it's also been "deleted" even though it had nothing to do with what will happen story-wise (more of a thought on Mutta and Kenji's personalities). :<

my guess is that they're doing ch.51 again. only this time with more pressure and developed friendship..

Spoiler

i have to say that this whole arc is totally unnecessary. they should just focus on developing the skills for an astronauts.

Being in a simulated training site is different from being on the ocean floor having to do tasks in an environment that will kill you if something goes wrong. Ocean training is actually a legit method for training astronauts anyhow, so technically the focus is still on skills necessary to go into space, especially the moon. http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/NEEMO/

I'm glad that Kenji pulled himself together. And since Love wrote "truth" between quotation marks, I acknowledge that the rule of "only one survives" is cast into doubt. (But the whole idea of simulated tension to compete still seems contrived.)

As for the results... Ben Hart, Mutta and the other US former soldier will make it. Nitta, whoever is paired with Hart and Kenji will... become the back-up crew for the winners. This will mean that Kenji and Mutta, in principle, won't fly together, but both will eventually go to the Moon. Everyone will be happy that way.

I'd like to say "called it", but it seems like my comments were deleted, guess the speculations were too close to the actual story.  :3  Now I'm just curious on the other neemo teams.

Nothing like a good Uchuu Kyoudai chapter to finish off the evening.
the boys are back!! Glad to see them reconcile

It's really funny how Mutta and Kenji feel inferior to each other, despite the fact that both of them actually have lots of talent and complement each other perfectly.

I never trusted Kenji from the start. He was always too slick. Remember when you were a kid, and you had the friend that was always able to smooth-talk adults, but would somehow disappear from the backyard after talking you and your other friends into playing a game of High Speed Lawnmower Jousting, just before your mom showed up and grounded you? Yeah, that's Kenji.

I've written at length about that in my previous three or four comments, but just to make it clear:

I know that the pressure in a lunar mission is much greater, but there the pressure is to cooperate, whereas here the friction is to compete. Competition is good, but under certain environments. The competition mindset can wreak havoc in a lunar mission, actually.

The point of the test is to determine the ability of the astronauts to think out of the box under pressure, I guess.

Is the pressure too great?

Think about how many orders of magnitude more pressure the astronauts on Apollo 13 felt.

You have to characterize every aspect of a potential astronaut's behavior, including the ugly parts.

Wonderful chapters. Mutta's resourcefulness is really getting the upper hand. If Mr Love did not already have a sure ticket to the Moon, he would be regretting his decision right now, because this is devolving in a two-on-two competition with Mutta and Andy against Love and Kenji.

I get the point that having his feet against the fire made Mutta think harder, but the method the author chose (introducing friction between best friends) is still heavy-handed in my opinion. Mutta has the mental fortitude to make a a lemonade out of a lemon: instead of arbitrarily jumping at the first opportunity to reduce their workload as Kenji did, he devised a way in which everyone wins and he still gets what he wants. But is it worth the emotional scars?

The point of Uchuu Kyoudai is: WE'RE BUILDING THE GODDAMN SPACE TELESCOPE KENJI.

You're thinking too much. The main point of Uchuu Kyoudai isn't space training at all - its about the emotions of its characters. The author (Koyama Chuuya) is trying to make his characters feel something, and the easiest way to do so is to put what Kenji and Mutta take for granted at risk; their friendship and a trip to the moon. 

Space is merely the backdrop to Koyama's eloquent story about emotions. It's okay if it doesn't always make sense. This topic might be better off in a thread, by the way, and not in these comments. (Before a mod shows up!)

Because, you know, sending them both makes too much sense.

my guess is that they're doing ch.51 again. only this time with more pressure and developed friendship..

Spoiler

i have to say that this whole arc is totally unnecessary. they should just focus on developing the skills for an astronauts.

oh...okay...demn...what was i just read? @_@

kind of hurt, really... ;_;

OK, now the other shoe has dropped, and I really dislike it.

This… makes… no… sense. At all. What possessed NASA's top brass (or rather, the author of this manga) to make them think throwing a wedge between best friends who work together almost telepathically in sync would help, be it the Neemo team or the future lunar crew?

Damnit Kenji, I want to stop being reminded all the time of your beautiful wife and young daughter. The last time I read a manga or watched an anime where there was a guy I liked with a similar family etc, it didn't go down so well.

Spoiler

Dammit, stop raising flags and foreshadowing with these Mutta-Kenji moments!

Kenji is like the only "perfect" type character that I like in any manga, he seems like a cool dude.

Well if we are speaking of it being realistic then there would be no way for Andy Tailor to be an astronaut since he is obviously way over the maximum height limit of 191 cm for an astronaut.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics