Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.56 - 144votes)

Uchuu Kyoudai

Alt Names: alt 宇宙兄弟alt สองสิงห์ อวกาศalt Space Brothersalt Uchū Kyōdaialt Uchu Kyodai
Author: Koyama Chuuya
Artist: Koyama Chuuya
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One night in 2006, when they were young, the two brothers Mutta (born 1993) and Hibito (born 1996) saw what appeared to be a UFO heading for the moon. They decided that night to both become astronauts and travel out into space.

In 2025, Hibito has become an astronaut, and he's going to go to the moon. Mutta ended up following a more traditional career path with an auto development company. However, Mutta just ruined his career through a violent altercation with his boss. Now, not only has he lost his job, he appears to be blacklisted in the entire industry. Maybe this is a rare opportunity for Mutta to once again chase his childhood dream and become an astronaut like his little brother!

============Notice================
Unfortunatly the only chapters available from a certain point are direct scans from the English publication which are not allowed on Batoto.
==========Notice End==============
Go to Uchuu Kyoudai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic thx for the whole volume translated!!! this made my day New Window Ronny Johan
  • 1 Replies
Topic Uchuu Kyoudai - Chapter Discussion New Window Buttock Follicle
  • 0 Replies

392 Comments

This is...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Bwahahahaha

awww... poor Mutta!

I… I didn't like this chapter much.

I mean, the attempt at comedy was misplaced, in my opinion: after so many chapters making us feel supportive of Mutta's desperate efforts to be accepted into Moon training, what happened in this chapter made me feel very sorry for him. I mean, I started to feel so personally involved in Mutta's plight that I was unable to laugh. And then we plunged further onto Aunt Sharon's personal tragedy, to make matters worse.

I can take an emotional roller coaster any day, but this chapter felt too… embarrassing, for lack of a better word. Hasn't Mutta suffered enough already?

And I watch the anime, meaning that in a few weeks I'll be made to suffer through this again.

Still love the series, of course, and I cannot wait for next chapter.

Let's see how my clairvoyance is going…

… within the next couple of chapters, Mutta will draw a heart and Serika will be watching.

Oh god! Oh god! Oh god! it... it's...

Spoiler

The Moon trip has been cancelled. Brokeback moutaintian flag raised. XD

Some comes to visit.....Death flag raised.....

Anyone think that the engineers for the manned buggy look like the Ghostbuster crew?

http://vatoto.com/read/_/180590/uchuu-kyoudai_v14_ch131_by_imangascans/8

Even their personalities are the same in a way.

Hey, you're right!

Also, the latest chapter is great. Every single chapter has been great lately.

Whelp, guess Mutta's going to the moon. The amazing thing about this manga is that every side story manages to build on the main story by adding feels. Feels upon feels = good story in my book.

Anyone think that the engineers for the manned buggy look like the Ghostbuster crew?

http://vatoto.com/read/_/180590/uchuu-kyoudai_v14_ch131_by_imangascans/8

Even their personalities are the same in a way.

Spoiler

This is one hell of an epic series. Keep up the good work imangascans. Hope you catch up soon !!

Brilliant.

The only problem with this kind of technology is depth perception. You need a 3D screen for that,

I disagree. I do not see why 3D in the sense you mean it is necessary for this particular application as the position of the conductor is pretty much fixed on his seat. To make it work for both the conductor and the passenger, you just need to split the screen in two.I think luminosity and contrast on the moon would be a far more bigger problem.

Spoiler

Sweet, I totally didn't see that coming ! O_o

I imagined whatever solution there would be would require the shipping of hundreds of kilograms of materials. But here, it would only require to ship a sort-of-plastic rectangle and a new computer unit O_o

Hmm, the project doesn't sounds very hard.

The way they are doing it relies on knowing the location of the user's eyes (as opposed to using a more advanced holographic display that would provide the correct perspective regardless of eye position). If they already have space helmets, it would be positively trivial to pick a fixed feature on the helmet a camera on the buggy could track.

From there, it would take a relatively small database of points to plot the routes and display them. A guy I work under has an awesome route display program that he wrote in C almost 20 years ago that is super light on memory and would do the job with some minor modifications and a good map of the moon to work with.

Boom, school'ed

Holy Shit, I actually really want this. Google maps + interactive GPS HUD sounds amazing. Someone please make this and take my money.  

On another note it seems Mutta has earned himself a round trip ticket to the moon.

Admit it now, no one saw his idea coming right? *Guilty*

Making a interactive HUD on the wind shield is nothing new, but to accomplish the same technology on the moon is a huge break-through. Think of all the mapping required to make a safe and reliable system on the moon surface. I'm just gonna assume that the technology is already at a practical stage in the manga, cause the setting is already set into the future. I mean, even the cars and Hibito's bicycle look like they're from the future already.

eh, that seems nice, although i think it needs some more improvement (and some realy advanced computer technology, but nothing that seems impossible within the next 10 years.)
Spoiler

I kneel before his engineering skill. I thought he would add boosters to soften falls but this, this is just more awesome!....I am not worthy....

damn, DAMN!!!!!!!!! AWESOME MUTTA 

A better idea than a frame weighted by compartments filled with moon material and "tires" made of relgolith cemented together as in the apollo missions???

Is it just me, or is Mutta getting more handsome?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics