Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.57 - 149votes)

Genshiken Nidaime - The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture II

Alt Names: alt げんしけん: 二代目alt 现视研2alt 现视研二代目alt Genshiken 2alt Genshiken IIalt Genshiken Nidaimealt Genshiken: 2nd Generationalt Genshiken: Second Generation
Author: Kio Shimoku
Artist: Kio Shimoku
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Genshiken follows the lives of a group of college students drawn together by their shared hobbies, and the trials and adventures associated with being otaku.

Genshiken Nidaime ("Second Generation") is a continuation of the previous series, with chapter numbering starting at 57.
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/genshiken-the-society-for-the-study-of-modern-visual-culture-r961)

Spin-Off:

> Ramen Tenshi Pretty Menma
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/ramen-tenshi-pretty-menma-r6171)

Alternate Story:

> Spotted Flower
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/spotted-flower-r2152)
Go to Genshiken Nidaime - The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture II Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window WorstWaifu
  • 3 Replies
Topic I can hardly find any fanfiction for this series! New Window captainkitten
  • 13 Replies
Topic Why, oh why Kio Shimoku? New Window cloudbill
  • 11 Replies
Topic Madarame X New Window null7
  • 18 Replies
Topic Does Suzanna Hopkins Have A Future? New Window MangaisGood
  • 4 Replies
Topic Who is translating the Genshiken Nidaime now? New Window EbonyRaven
  • 2 Replies

814 Comments

He got the lolita lol why am I not surprised? and it ends next chapter!!!! Maybe spotted flower will have more chapters now lol.

Congratulations!

yep, if they make a part 3 it couldn't be genshiken cause as we all know,  madarame was the soul of it (part 2 is the proof), if they try to make a part 3 it should be a totally new group and it would go wrong 

and being a story of madarame and ***, would be another series xD

Kio already established that one major reason Genshiken was ending (and why the Rame harem took center stage) was because otaku culture had evolved significantly since the time of the original Genshiken run. The manga team simply couldn't keep up with the culture and make a relevant and believable Genshiken anymore. You can see that in the total lack of Madarame's discussions, because that's just not how Japanese otaku behave anymore. Nowadays otaku go to Akiba more for the figures and collectibles rather than the manga, and discussions like Madarame used to trigger are now more likely to happen in chat groups or NND. Most damning of all, otaku circles today are also more creative and work in multimedia formats, prosumers rather than consumers (although to be fair the current Genshiken tried to go there too with their doujin). Also, the Genshiken group is strangely tech-averse compared to current real-life otaku who basically live in the net. Kio's team is somewhat similar in their "backwardness", which may be a major factor in why they can't keep up. The only place where Genshiken is up-to-date is in the manga and anime references.

There probably won't be a 3rd Genshiken run, although a "real" Spotted Flower dealing with the main continuity post-Genshiken couples might work.

EDIT: 

Disclaimer: I'm a 90s otaku like the Genshiken and the changes ARE hard to keep up with. You young'uns are moving too fast for us old geezers... Nowadays I just look in from outside and study the trends rather than participate directly. The most up-to-date I got was in becoming a Kancolle player, and that's quickly moving out of fad as well.

Just one more chapter.... ( ;_;)7

That confession was marvelous. Shame it feels somewhat forced after everything that happened.

Can't top the old gang. All it took was two chapters for them to properly wrap up a series.

Best. Confession. Ever. Beautifully Otaku. 

Even though she only had 2 appearances in the entire series, Saki is still the best girl.

She cleared up the misunderstandings and demanded resolution right away. It sucks that she only does this now after the Madaharem dragged on for so long.

Honestly, I'm disappointed. I don't mind MadaSue, but they feel underdeveloped. I REALLY wanted more interactions with the new cast, to do something that was outside of Madarame and his influence.

Saki, just where were you for god knows how many chapters. Just one friggin appearance can solve the situation. Now I'm content with any outcome(even if he's dumped in the worst possible way).

P.S. If you think "straight" there was only one choice from the very beginning

FInally!  Someone is talking some sense around here.

get dat loli

go for the gold

As much as I am a Sue shipper, I would feel bat that they are trying to force Madarame to choose her.

Well, they're not trying to force him to choose Sue, they want him to be honest with himself (hence Saki saying that she wwas pregnant).

She's the only one who was rejected for no reasons, and that's because she perfectly match Madarame's taste.

As much as I am a Sue shipper, I would feel bat that they are trying to force Madarame to choose her.

I can't believe this is how it ends

I literally do not care about Madarame's love life. I wanted to go back to reading about girls being complete nerds, maybe some otaku related arcs, and some good old club bonding. BUT I GUESS THAT ISN'T HAPPENING ANYMORE

THANKS A LOT, MADARAME HAREM

fuck yeah, su was the girl

Wait a fucking minute, don't you dare forget about this when Makoto is back now. All aboard Madarame x Saki (x Makoto) ship.

So, where are y'all who said that the only possible conclusion is Madarame staying alone ?

Spoiler

nAkTaJz.gif

I'll also join the fun with mah reaction!

Spoiler
Spoiler

only 2 more chapters...;w;

Minor error on the note on page 17. Haiguri may be referencing High School Fleet, not Flight.

I don't normally know all the references in Genshiken, so it's nice to catch one on my own.

Haifuri is about girls and boats, like the mentioned Kantai Collection, but feels more like Girls und Panzer with a bit more plot. Pretty good show. From what I've seen from comments, the team knew their nautical terms and mannerisms. It also can be surprisingly deep at times.

As for MadaxSue, I felt that they both knew how weird the harem situation was, and Madarame's "rejection" on the field trip was based on Ogiue not really to turn Sue down, but to give her an "out." Of course Saki would catch this, though.

Screw reality, and screw this. I shall forever live in dreams. 

This chapter is proof that the original Genshiken group is the best Genshiken group. I just wish Ogiue and Ohno were here too.

No idea. That totally depends on Kio Shimoku and his publisher... but TBH, I would never get my hopes up too high about that kind of stuff. Just enjoy it while you can, and when it's over, go back to looking for another great 10-year-long read. They're out there, you just have to find one that fits you.

yep, if they make a part 3 it couldn't be genshiken cause as we all know,  madarame was the soul of it (part 2 is the proof), if they try to make a part 3 it should be a totally new group and it would go wrong 

and being a story of madarame and ***, would be another series xD

It's ending? Noo! One of my favorites... what are the chances we'll be getting part 3?

No idea. That totally depends on Kio Shimoku and his publisher... but TBH, I would never get my hopes up too high about that kind of stuff. Just enjoy it while you can, and when it's over, go back to looking for another great 10-year-long read. They're out there, you just have to find one that fits you.

madarame really did need a serious kick in the ass and it's good to see it delivered

Kousaka and Saki delivered too well

60726641.jpg

also this chapter make me re-realize that the first part really was better, this chapter was awesome!!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics