Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.99 - 179votes)

Seeking for Death

Alt Names: alt 将死之人alt もうすぐ死ぬひとalt Mencari Matialt Mousugu Shinu Hitoalt Those Who Will Die Soon
Author: Takei Touka
Artist: Haruse Hiroki
Genres: Drama DramaHarem HaremHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kominato Riku is a high school student who aims to be a game designer. The girl next door is his childhood friend Haju, is in love with him, but he has fallen head over heels for the school idol Riko. And lastly, there is the transfer student, Nodoka. With that all said you’d think this is the start of some love-comedy harem, but a rumor spreads that Nodoka receives a message that says, “you will die soon”. Riku and the gang’s fate will change in a major way. Who will live, and who will love?

Original Webcomic:
http://comic-meteor.jp/shinuhito/
Go to Seeking for Death Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

431 Comments

just start reading this ...

first time I think, it's like certain megaten game > anime adaptation with "friend death face" ...

and all hidden dark flag ...

*looking at the author* ... TAKEI Touka ... no wonder ...

kinda surprised he makes this kind of horror tough ...

TAKEI Touka, and HARUSE Hiroki haven't made any horror before ...

this is the first one ... and it's freaking heavy / sick ...

I guess some author seriously have BIG hidden talent ...

like MINAZUKI Suu ...

good in making tragedy but surprisingly can create good ecchi too ...

that girl is reincarnation of OYASHIRO-SAMA!!

bitch is crazy i tells you...

Persona no Naku Koro ni ... *x* ...

now that I think about it ...

Persona 4 base setting somewhat close to Higurashi story ...

freakish murder at backwater place ...

Transfered MC which will solve murder ...

etc, etc ...

that girl is reincarnation of OYASHIRO-SAMA!!

bitch is crazy i tells you...

The Yandere is strong with this one....

I approve this message.

Yay, progress... *at end of chapter* nope, guess not.

That said, I am happy the story is somewhat filling in its own holes. However, with students that taunt about others' death misfortune, the atmosphere is still really off. Plus, there's still no police/law/authority involvement despite making national headlines.

Hopefully the story can eventually explain parts of those. It is still enjoyable, but the holes are like an itch that can't be scratched and will not go away.

After this chapter it's definitely safe to say that

Spoiler

Spoiler

nRWpmU1.gif?1

First chapter was initially slow, but the splat made up for it. Second chapter had me laughing quite a bit as well.

I look forward to seeing what is done with the plot.

I can't be the only one who finds this HILARIOUS... right?

Please tell me I'm not a terrible person, and if I am, at least let me know I'm not alone.

Blonde bitch might be food now.

Aside from the psychological effect the videos could have had in them, don't you guys feel that Riko is actually trying to become Riku's "true love" so she gets to influence his decision on which girl he decides to let alive?

Of course, her change of personality could just have been because reasons.

Hm, quick question, was the words in this page:

http://vatoto.com/read/_/191893/seeking-for-death_ch2_by_arainami-scans-trans/28

all just meaningless nonsense?

There's a bunch of mismatch characters but here and there is "WHY", "DIE", and "RIKU-KUN"

I think what's going to kill either of the girls is....each other. Just look at those yandere eyes ready to go for the kill.

Hm, quick question, was the words in this page:

http://vatoto.com/read/_/191893/seeking-for-death_ch2_by_arainami-scans-trans/28

all just meaningless nonsense?

tumblr_lal0d1uqvU1qaws74o1_500.jpg

Don't worry i'll cook for you forever, forever, forever, forever, forever.

Welcome to the yandere club little girl Yuno and the others have been waiting.

And how many stories could have their problems solved if they just called in a higher power to sort out everything.

A common flaw is still a flaw. But this story really goes the extra mile by using a viral video and an urban legend as the menace. The trio's handling of the situation leaves something to be desired, but the bigger issue here is why does no one else give a shit? I guess there could still be a reason, possibly even a satisfactory one, but I'm not feeling too optimistic here.

But anyway, I'm still enjoying it. Mainly, Riko's pretty cool with her thinly-veiled desperation. She's got all the makings of an adorable psycho love interest, except there's actually no love, just terror and selfishness. Pretty fresh to me.

Spoiler

Nope. That's just Yandere Haju having completely thrown out her knowledge of the culinary arts.

If there's one thing that bothers me with the story, it's the plot holes.

I know it's just a story, but the MC probably could have picked up a bit on who or what is causing the problem if he stopped going with the flow, accepted what is actually happening, and thinks about it. I understand trauma avoidance and all, but not even one call to authorities?

...But, based on how the transfer student died and how her attitude was, what's there to say that she wasn't the one that decided to run away from a decision she had to make. Only to find the target changed to herself. I know this is still very early in the story, but there's just so many ridiculous holes in how this is set up for the sake of a story.

Anyway, back to my previous point, this also doesn't even include all the other people (/kids). What useless people to pick up on a worldwide (/japan wide because of the site) death threat rumor and not tell authorities of it. Especially at the point the story is at, since the fate is already seemingly locked in.

What a coincidence too that the next victims happen to be from around where the last one died. The videos are impossible to track too apparently.

Basically, this story seems to be a highly exaggerated "curiosity killed the cat".full of (at least currently) ignored gigantic plot holes.

2 Chapters. 2 Chapter in. It's too early to try and pick out certain flaws, 2 chapters in. And how many stories could have their problems solved if they just called in a higher power to sort out everything. And you say gigantic plot holes but it isn't even that bad, sure MC is dense, but it's nothing that completely ruins the story.

I really want to read this  ,

but after read 32 pages.

my ambition to follow this.

Gone. Zero. 

Spoiler

is it just me or does the MC look kind of sinister here

Serious School Day vibes here... It's like the Makoto, Kotonaha and Sekai relationship....

you-should-have-noticed-earlier-yandere-

where are all of those cute but psychotic looking girls from

you-should-have-noticed-earlier-yandere-

Spoiler

bitch be cray cray

I wonder if this will go the "The first death never happened, it was all hypnotism" route, like the manga Doubt.

Another Yandere has awakened to its true potential.

All's well and good in the world. *sips coffee*

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics