Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 228votes)

Maousama Chotto Sore Totte!!

Alt Names: alt 마왕님 잠깐 그것 좀!!alt 魔王様ちょっとそれとって!!alt Hey! Miss Satan taking it!!alt Lord Demon King Take That for a Bit!!alt Maou-sama Chotto Sore Totte!!
Author: Haruno Tomoya
Artist: Haruno Tomoya
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a land far away, the evil demon lord ruled with absolute power and cruelty. But a group of heroes combined their strengths and conquered obstacles to finally reach the demon lord in a final fight. When the sorcerer cast the imprisonment spell that was supposed to trap the demon lord, it also dragged all the heroes into a different dimension.

The demon lord, who looks and acts like a teenage girl, has lost her legendary powers and is forced to rely on the heroes to find a way to escape the prison. The sorcerer, who is leading the search on how to break out of the spell, can’t help but to tease the now powerless, bratty and emotional demon lord that once was a threat to the entire world.
Go to Maousama Chotto Sore Totte!! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [email protected] will be redoing Volume 01. New Window M3OW
  • 1 Replies
Topic A Call to Arms! Translator Needed. New Window Aoitenshi1
  • 0 Replies

247 Comments

This new upcoming character seems like a real pain in the ass based on the expression of the hero parties mmm...

I am guessing the maid will show up, i am pretty sure she was stalking the fight drooling at maou's tattered clothes 

Maou needs allies xD

HAHAHAHA!

Hilarious!

Well, if it isn't King!

You know how whenever you play a JRPG and you collect a shit ton of stuff? Like x99 tree branches and x99 iron ore? Baggy is the one carrying it. He's the real MVP.

Maou almost go Mekya in one chapter, close call for you xD

So ... why is that poor Maou getting bullied again?

And why is her listed stats (especially intelligence) as low as they are? Did that wizard mess with them?

It is simpler than you think, actually. These are her current(powerless) stats.

I will never find peace until I find out how Baggy's entire face looks.

My sides hurt

For lulz.

The listed stats thing is probably just another parody gag of the RPG genre. Its probably just a joke about the Maou being level 50, while the heroes are level 99 and the maid is the secret optional boss at level 200. (Who here remembers overleveling and then crushing the final boss in RPGs? :P )

one shotting bosses are fun.

It's always fun to be the bully... poor Maou...

*pokes at Maou* *poke poke poke poke*

And why is her listed stats (especially intelligence) as low as they are? Did that wizard mess with them?

For lulz.

The listed stats thing is probably just another parody gag of the RPG genre. Its probably just a joke about the Maou being level 50, while the heroes are level 99 and the maid is the secret optional boss at level 200. (Who here remembers overleveling and then crushing the final boss in RPGs? :P )

that or she was atually really weak and the real boss is the maid who, with all the heroes now in the sealed space, is free to wreck havoc and conquer the world... now that would make for a nice plot twist.

The maid has proven herself to be enough of a troll to do so. I mean just look at her face here.

They are living in the sealed space now. Of course her power is sealed too.

that or she was atually really weak and the real boss is the maid who, with all the heroes now in the sealed space, is free to wreck havoc and conquer the world... now that would make for a nice plot twist.

They are living in the sealed space now. Of course her power is sealed too.

It'd be Hero and Wizard given the context. I'm guessing that what happened was that she said something that could be written as "The guys haven't finished you off yet?", where "the guys" was of course a phrase with "onii-chan" in it. It's common for honorifics and such to turn into weird shit at the hands of translators who are desperate not to leave the Japanese words in, but are not that good at English and/or Japanese and are confounded when they can't just directly replace every instance with an English equivalent like "big brother" ("Hey Misters!" is an example that comes up pretty often). That said, "Mister Co." is truly unique and inexplicable, so maybe the original Japanese line was also unusual?

That's why most of the groups that I have done proofreading for prefer to leave the honorifics in.  It is much simpler and, in my opinion, better than trying to come up with suitable phrases that are entirely in English. 

That said, in those cases where a direct translation of a text or phrase would make no sense in English due to cultural differences between the two languages, a good Translator and Proofreader will work together to come up with an alternate phrasing that will sound good in English while maintaining the author's original meaning as much as possible.  The most important thing is that the flow of dialogue in English should be both smooth AND entertaining for the reader.

I've encountered situations where the original title of an individual chapter was based on a phrase from a text bubble somewhere in the chapter and while the literal translation sounded fine by itself, the same phrase sounded really awkward in the context of the dialogue in the chapter.  So I had to get back to the translator and we would work out a better English phrase that would better fit the dialogue AND sound good as a new title of the chapter to keep at least the spirit of what the author intended alive.  I think that we did a good job at the time, but there will always be times when even this much can't be done and certain phrases, puns, cultural jokes or concepts simply have NO good alternatives in English.  At that time, we just do the best that we can and insert an explanatory note in the margin or at the end of the chapter.

Maou-sama, fight!

Smack-smack game banzai! Banzai!

I gotta go play some smack-smack game. BRB.

It'd be Hero and Wizard given the context. I'm guessing that what happened was that she said something that could be written as "The guys haven't finished you off yet?", where "the guys" was of course a phrase with "onii-chan" in it. It's common for honorifics and such to turn into weird shit at the hands of translators who are desperate not to leave the Japanese words in, but are not that good at English and/or Japanese and are confounded when they can't just directly replace every instance with an English equivalent like "big brother" ("Hey Misters!" is an example that comes up pretty often). That said, "Mister Co." is truly unique and inexplicable, so maybe the original Japanese line was also unusual?

Smack-smack game banzai! Banzai!

Am I the only one who thinks that the goal was to trap the "Heros" rather than the demon lord? Seriously I can't see her as anything but a girl who got a stupid amount of power forced on her by the previous demon lord.

Cute Demon Lord girls are always innocent.

Just look at other similar series. Mainly

Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita

PS: Snappy is fine too.

Am I the only one who thinks that the goal was to trap the "Heros" rather than the demon lord? Seriously I can't see her as anything but a girl who got a stupid amount of power forced on her by the previous demon lord.

this mangaka famous for having a very large funny useless character

still pale in comparison with Hanna-Barbara's characters, but i'm digressing here...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics