Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 90votes)

Stand Up! (YAMAKAWA Aiji)

Alt Names: alt Ayağa Kalk!
Author: Yamakawa Aiji
Artist: Yamakawa Aiji
Genres: Romance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Furuya Utako is shy and reserved, but because of her height (172cm), she sticks out like a sore thumb. Her mind is constantly plagued by thoughts of Harada Naoyuki, the popular boy who sits next to her in homeroom and claims that he'd like to be friends. She is a bit surprised at his straightforward attitude, but slowly the distance between them is starting to close...
Go to Stand Up! (YAMAKAWA Aiji) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

81 Comments

Haha, if you combine the Huffly Parfait and Matteiru translations, you'll get the fullest and greatest reading experience!! (aka: an excuse to read the manga more than once)

The art and story are both very well done!

"she sticks out like a sore thumb" She's only 172cm, feels a bit exaggerated.

this is japan were talking about, remember?

I lovvvveeee Yamakawa Aiji sensei's works! ijdifjdisfjisdj so wonderful!

From Wiki 

Japan 1.707 m (5 ft 7 in ) Male   1.580 m (5 ft 2 in) Female ( average height )

She's 5'6. She'd be pretty tall for a japanese woman.

This data was taken from boys and girls age 17, she's 15.

The real reason she stood  out was probably because her growth was faster, so while it may not be that big a problem in her 1st year of Highschool ( 15 ) it's possible she reached near full height in middle school.

As an example, my mother told me that she reached her adult 5'7'' in 6th grade ( 12 ).

She mentioned she was taller than her female teacher at that time which everyone found funny.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics