Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 90votes)

Stand Up! (YAMAKAWA Aiji)

Alt Names: alt AyaÄŸa Kalk!
Author: Yamakawa Aiji
Artist: Yamakawa Aiji
Genres: Romance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Furuya Utako is shy and reserved, but because of her height (172cm), she sticks out like a sore thumb. Her mind is constantly plagued by thoughts of Harada Naoyuki, the popular boy who sits next to her in homeroom and claims that he'd like to be friends. She is a bit surprised at his straightforward attitude, but slowly the distance between them is starting to close...
Go to Stand Up! (YAMAKAWA Aiji) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

81 Comments

^-^

Spoiler

Dat expression!

It happened, without drama? WHAAAT.

I wonder why monkey ears are incredibly common among shoujo mangas.

.....Am I dyslexic or is that not in english? 

True. It's very fishy. Hopefully he's not using Utako as a rebound for his failed relationship with the pretty ex-girlfriend. (Could she be a spare tire? It's been hinted that Utako "knows how to fix a broken bicycle" which seems quite of a metaphor to me.) :mellow: The way he's asking her to tell him "I like you" seems more like a way of stroking his own ego. Well... who knows, maybe I'm just imagining things.

I suspect there's still some lingering affection. He probably isn't completely using Utamaru as a spare tire, but it could also be that he wants the extra affection after having broken up. It's up to Utamaru now to truly make Harada hers.

That being said...what we're thinking could also be an overreaction. We all know that Harada was the one who actually initiated things with Utamaru, in terms of interaction. He was probably interested in her from the start, regardless of what lingering feelings he may have had for his ex. Also, the lovey dovey interactions revolving around her ears seemed fairly convincing. It was all taken at a very reasonable pace in my opinion. Hopefully, this will be completely clarified later though. Such as in the form of the ex getting a new boyfriend (i.e. childhood friend, let's ride the trope train).

Love the series though, only just discovered/read through it.

Has he even said he likes her yet? But he had her say it again? Suspicious. 

True. It's very fishy. Hopefully he's not using Utako as a rebound for his failed relationship with the pretty ex-girlfriend. (Could she be a spare tire? It's been hinted that Utako "knows how to fix a broken bicycle" which seems quite of a metaphor to me.) :mellow: The way he's asking her to tell him "I like you" seems more like a way of stroking his own ego. Well... who knows, maybe I'm just imagining things.

Has he even said he likes her yet? But he had her say it again? Suspicious. 

I honestly cant't get enough of this

I think Japanese find big ears like hers quite cute. Just see Japanese actresses ...some of them have big ears too :D

A lot little small talk of memorable dialogues in this manga ^^

@Mimiotakuto: Haha, well, the manga makes it pretty clear that those are Utako's defining and most charming feature! (Beside her height of course.) And let us never forget it!!

Am i the only one who thinks the girls ears are a bit

exaggerated? X3

@holanio: Or you could compare them and conclude Huffy Parfait are honestly pretty bad at this. And it's not the usual awkward English like most scanlators, these guys are actually making mistakes pretty regularly. Well, I don't know, maybe this manga's particularly hard to follow, but whatever the case, I'm going with Matteiru.

Hooray for cute shoujo~! <3

Harada reminds me of Suwa from Orange especially on this panel:

http://vatoto.com/read/_/172393/stand-up-yamakawa-aiji_ch1_by_huffly-parfait-scans/18

And am I the only one who thought "that girl with the fluffy hair will definitely come between them" when this page came up?

http://vatoto.com/read/_/172393/stand-up-yamakawa-aiji_ch1_by_huffly-parfait-scans/40

Not even sure if that's her but the hair's pretty close right?

How niceeee!

They make such a cute couple. I hope someone doesn't come between them.

Well that cute ex girlfriend that we saw at the end of chapter 2 will definitely make something happen. I hope it wont be over the top though.

Who am I kidding, It's a shoujo.

this manga is too cute! >.<

You go, Harada! XD Way to make her blush so early in the morning. //////

It's like asking for something bad to happen, man. . x.

Girls and boys have different growing periods.

Anyways, this is a follow for my dosage of cuteness. It is an adorable manga and even if she's portrayed as tall, her cuteness is also at enormous heights.

the first chapter's got a circular ending. i like the subtlety to it.

Mm, not bad so far.

"she sticks out like a sore thumb" She's only 172cm, feels a bit exaggerated.

That's normal in manga.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics