Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 525votes)

One-Punch Man (ONE)

Alt Names: alt ワンパンマンalt One Punch Manalt One Punch Man (Web Comic/Original)alt One-Punch Manalt Onepunch-Man (Artist ONE)alt Onepunch-Man (ONE)alt Tek-Yumruk Adamalt Wanpanman
Author: One
Artist: One
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyMartial Arts Martial ArtsMystery MysterySci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Follows the life of an average part-time hero who manages to win every battle with a single punch. This ability frustrates him as he no longer feels the thrill of fighting a tough opponent, which leads him to question his past desire of becoming strong.

The raw webcomic:
http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com
Go to One-Punch Man (ONE) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Another place to read the webcomic New Window gamkht
  • 0 Replies
Topic OPM VS SUPERMAN vid!!! New Window RealHounder2014
  • 2 Replies
Topic The Earth is in Trouble prophecy speculations. New Window kinnlm
  • 54 Replies
Topic Chapter 109? New Window pielover
  • 5 Replies
Topic Blast. The rank 1 s class hero. New Window Godon
  • 44 Replies
Topic Zombieman and Genus New Window kyonkyon77
  • 2 Replies

2840 Comments

SAITAMA 2017 hpe

To truly enjoy OPM, you must reread the chapter a month or two later. Everyone with questions about the most recent chapter, read it, in its complete form, and you will see the genius of it. I didn't appreciate it while I was first reading it either. I don't know how ONE keeps doing it.

God, i fucking love this plot line. Like, king hasn't ACTUALLY done ANYTHING but his mere presence, force of will, way of speaking and thinking and just overall personality make people think he's just ludicrously strong. I love it.
Guys here are like atomic samurai.. Overthinking.

That's actually a really good point that might be played out at some time, especially since it happened in another manga recently, to which OPM usually spoofs manga.

I wonder what would happen in that situation.  Would the Hero Association just boot him, or would they spend billions trying to get King's power back (which in the end would cause king to actually gain strength that he never had).  What a twist :D.

I'm still waiting to see what happens with the real her of OPM.... Black Sperm.

If the Association could mearly spend money getting another Saitama, then its completely worth it.

It's gonna be great when people realizing that King is weak and they assume that he lost his powers.

That's actually a really good point that might be played out at some time, especially since it happened in another manga recently, to which OPM usually spoofs manga.

I wonder what would happen in that situation.  Would the Hero Association just boot him, or would they spend billions trying to get King's power back (which in the end would cause king to actually gain strength that he never had).  What a twist :D.

I'm still waiting to see what happens with the real her of OPM.... Black Sperm.

The King's New Cut

It's gonna be great when people realizing that King is weak and they assume that he lost his powers.

It'll be a problem though when his King Engine stats roaring again despite his "weakened" state.

Heroes don't just save the day, they also inspire everyone around them to be the best they can be.

:excl: 

King, the real hero in OPM.

This chapter was godlike, ONE, you motherfucking bastard.

Child emperor gave a name for King's ultimate move, what would Atomic Samurai would name this one?

Spoiler

Considering its the King, it doesn't matter how one would normally perceive a situation simply because of cognitive bias. Everyone knows the King is the strongest hero in the association. He has actually walked away from situations that have left people in shock, including the S-class. Obviosly he didn't cut the apple, but cognitive bais actually would make this the far more unlikely answer. Since King held the correct pose and respectfully dropped the sword, Atomic Samurai assumed he made a cut. Obviously you can see his logic from there.

It's perceptual bais, nothing more. It doesn't matter how close you are to something or how insanely amazing your abilities are, this is simply a matter possibility. The sad part is is that this happens right in front of peoples faces(Child Emperor and Atomic Samurai) so people can't even say no-one has seen him in action. 

It's the Base Rate Fallacy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base_rate_fallacy

If King has a 99% chance of doing something awesome, and Atomic Samurai's test has a 100% true positive rate and a 5% false positive rate, then the chance that King turns out to be amazing, given that Atomic Samurai thinks he passed the test, is 99.95%.

But if King has a .01% chance of doing something awesome (a lower base rate), then the chance drops to 16.81%, and they would doubt him.

Because they assume King is awesome (an incorrect prior), they don't doubt him at all.

The whole 2 minutes King was like

tumblr_ojbs42jrDT1s9xfd5o1_500.jpg

King's engine is roaring!

... but cognitive bais actually would make this the far more unlikely answer. 

Funny you bring that up as it's a large part of Michael Lewis's latest book!
http://www.wsj.com/articles/michael-lewiss-brilliant-new-book-about-cognitive-bias-1480982097

Uhh. Im confused guys. So did the apple really get cut but so perfectly it was like it didnt? Or did atomic samurai make that up on his own becuase that was the only way he could make sense of kings actions? I get its the whole king effect that he has on people...but isnt it a bit of a stretch that atomic couldnt even tell if an apple was cut or not? Its only confusing cuz its atomic samurai we're talking here. Hes supposedly this god level samurai who only acknowledges strength he's seen himself. He only thinks of old man water fist as his equal. Idk maybe im thinking to much into this. Feels like it could have had a more convincing ending tho

Considering its the King, it doesn't matter how one would normally perceive a situation simply because of cognitive bias. Everyone knows the King is the strongest hero in the association. He has actually walked away from situations that have left people in shock, including the S-class. Obviosly he didn't cut the apple, but cognitive bais actually would make this the far more unlikely answer. Since King held the correct pose and respectfully dropped the sword, Atomic Samurai assumed he made a cut. Obviously you can see his logic from there.

It's perceptual bais, nothing more. It doesn't matter how close you are to something or how insanely amazing your abilities are, this is simply a matter possibility. The sad part is is that this happens right in front of peoples faces(Child Emperor and Atomic Samurai) so people can't even say no-one has seen him in action. 

Uhh. Im confused guys. So did the apple really get cut but so perfectly it was like it didnt? Or did atomic samurai make that up on his own becuase that was the only way he could make sense of kings actions? I get its the whole king effect that he has on people...but isnt it a bit of a stretch that atomic couldnt even tell if an apple was cut or not? Its only confusing cuz its atomic samurai we're talking here. Hes supposedly this god level samurai who only acknowledges strength he's seen himself. He only thinks of old man water fist as his equal. Idk maybe im thinking to much into this. Feels like it could have had a more convincing ending tho

holy shit king is a god

I don't know what's scarier, king being found out, or king NOT being found out

Either way I can't get enough

Troll end : the apple explode.

He couldn't pull the sword out huh.

But somehow later after he left, the apple is cut in two for whatever the fuck reason, because King HYPE LOL

King's current predicament has to be one of the most thrilling scenes in all the comic so far. The tension! The cliffhangers!

It's like that scene from Kenshin where he cut the turnip and it was able to meld back together because the cut was so precise!

ONE's on a OPM roll huh!!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics