Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 241votes)

Kyou no Yuiko-san

Alt Names: alt 今日のユイコさんalt Today's Yuiko-san
Author: Hidekawa Kenshin
Artist: Hidekawa Kenshin
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story of the protagonist, Tomoya, and his everyday life with his girlfriend Yuiko-san.
Go to Kyou no Yuiko-san Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Anybody else keep grinning or laughing while reading this New Window Demonkonga
  • 6 Replies

651 Comments

Ended??? Already?? NOOOOOOOO............

There, there...I feel fine

Spoiler

Sorry I kept it all to myself all this time! •~• I did not know about this website, enjoy the ending though! I'm glad I made the effort to finish the last chapter ^_^

Ended??? Already?? NOOOOOOOO............

It... ended?

It's kinda end in a flash but I'm glad He can protect Yuiko-san's smile in the end.

And so they set out on a quest to end the declining birth rate in japan... the end

Added 'drama' to the tags

another one down for the count

Come on, if we start adding this tag to every cute RomCom with a little lovers quarrel, we're going to need at least a few years...

It's frightening how close this would be to reality if she actually did break up with him when next they met.

I hate it.

A major ingredient for an NTR tag. Even better if a third wheel picks him up, and carry him from the slump.

It's frightening how close this would be to reality if she actually did break up with him when next they met.

sr7k9t6.png

You stop it right now.

Feels bad man. Grit your teeth Tomoya.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9wTvfNVw-dHseGhvTjmw

So my thoughts about the newest chapter/the raws of the last (didn't understand a word of it, but got some from the pics and faces and whatnot):

This didn't at all seem necessary. The point of drama should never be to HAVE drama, but instead grow a character. It doesn't seem to do that. Maybe it'll be showing HOW they've grown, but it still doesn't seem necessary.

Also, though Yuiko is being oblivious and clueless (though certainly not cruel on purpose), it doesn't change the fact that Tomoya doesn't really seem like he's being going out of his way to meet up with her either. It kind of seems like he was only pushing it so hard in chapter 46 because his classmates/friends mentioned the whole time and distance thing. Sure she's been busy, but there's no way she's ALWAYS busy, like weekends, or every day after school. It's been shown time and time again that if he asks her to do something, she'll Tsun a bit, but she'll usually do it.

That being said, I'll forgive the characters, because even if they've been dating for about a year, it doesn't change the fact they're like... 16, max 17, and that this is their first relationship, and there's going to be mistakes made. God knows I made my share of them when I was that age. 

I do agree that the characters are feeling a bit OOC for this to have happened in the first place. Tomoya was never the MOST active, but he definitely tried in the past, and Yuiko's gotten a ton better since the first chapters, so it feels really forced for this to have happened in the first place.

I really hope the last chapter won't take another month....

Added 'drama' to the tags

another one down for the count

I hate it.

So, yeah, she's being clueless.  Some of those things were kind of OK individually, others were into "Girl what are you thinking?" territory, like telling your boyfriend how cool and good at dancing some other guy you've been spending time with is, but take them together and it's this massive foul-up of oblivious lack of consideration.  Poor bastard.

It will all get fixed up, but it does seem like a weird choice so near the end.  Nobody was reading this for the drama, so why are we going to have a final chapter that's all about patching up drama?

I wish you guys didnt release this chapter without the following one so that we wouldn't feel like shit till we get the next one. Still thanks but like man my heart can't take these stuff I'm a weak man.

I thought I was reading a manhwa for a moment there.
i feel like having this as your second-to-last chapter is probably a mistake. i think this would've been much better as the 1st part of a double-length chapter for the ending. leaving a cliff like this (especially in serialized works, where the next chapter has an inherent delay!) will hit the reader way too hard. i'm sure it will be resolved, of course, but that doesn't prevent a feeling of distrust in the author. and that's maybe the worst part for me: the very last chapter will have to be really something to wash out the awful taste of this one. and if it isn't spectacularly feel good and reassuring, i will always remember this series for its ending, and it will be a little difficult to read this author's works with confidence again.

It never fails that people get upset over even the slightest hint of NTR. That's obviously not going to happen in a series like this. Our boy's just a little bit jealous he isn't the center of attention anymore. There's nothing wrong with that, but you all are blowing it way out of proportion. 

Yuiko didn't want Tomoya to see her dance because he said he was busy. She's finally making new friends on her own and doesn't want to lose them. She wants to show him that she doesn't have to keep relying on him to fix her problems.

They're going to talk it out, Yuiko is going to realize the mistake she made, and she'll do everything she can to fix it, because her entire character is one who doesn't know how to properly read the situation but loves Tomoya more than pretty much everything else.

It's not the fact its "not going to happen" We all know its not. It's always the typical "Vanilla garbage manga but towards the end lets hint some NTR" We all know how this will play out, how it will end, the usual (If this isnt your first manga). Still doesnt make it any less annoying. NTR aint fun man, and as someone else said one month without talking / seeing each other is pretty much trying to tease "relationship breakup / drifting off" mindset. Again, its not going to happen but its part of the arc itself.

That's harsh. Usually partners make up something instead of right out saying "I rather spend time with my friends than with you" lol.

Because you can't end a story without ntr bait. Sasuga Japan

Aw, I'm glad Yuiko's become more outgoing and comfortable around people. Just don't forget the people who helped you break out of your shell! Hang in there dude!

"It's not what you think"

Well, it sure feels like it.

I'm not one of those kids yelling "NTR!" at everything, but god damn I sure feel Tomoya's pain as if it were my own. How very fleeting are youth's feelings, I remember it all.

I cant believe people are actually worried

Honestly speaking in irl terms, stuff like this often leads to breakups. As their environment changes they change, leading to their feelings doing so as well. It happens exactly like this, with some party wanting to do other things, leading to them drifting apart. Plenty of couples survive, but others just sort of wake up one day and realize that they're pretty much different people than the one that fell in love with the other person, and that their feelings are just gone. It's happened to me myself, although me and my ex parted on relatively good terms. And that's not even mentioning how, going by the dialogue, it's been around a month since they've even interacted. If this were real life I'd say there's well over an 80% chance of them breaking up.

<quote>Our boy's just a little bit jealous he isn't the center of attention anymore.</quote> 

That is totally unfair to generalize it in such terms. That's clearly not what's going on at all. There's nothing wrong with her making friends, but she's in the wrong, here, intentional or not. 

On that note, why do romance manga always feel the need to include this specific type of drama? In my opinion, it completely ruins the story and causes me to lose a great deal of interest in the series when it happens. There's no law that says romance have to contain love triangles or romantic drama of a similar nature, (such as misunderstandings like this) yet virtually every romance I've read always has another guy or girl show up and express interest in the protagonist's love-interest, resulting in either the love-interest's heart wavering, even for a moment, (which is horrible and should never happen. I hate it so much I could go on an hour-long rant) or cause misunderstandings like this that cause the protagonist (and readers like myself) to become overly distraught and dejected. It's not pleasant, and I can't see it as anything other than a complete negative.

bye?

<quote>Our boy's just a little bit jealous he isn't the center of attention anymore.</quote> 

That is totally unfair to generalize it in such terms. That's clearly not what's going on at all. There's nothing wrong with her making friends, but she's in the wrong, here, intentional or not. 

On that note, why do romance manga always feel the need to include this specific type of drama? In my opinion, it completely ruins the story and causes me to lose a great deal of interest in the series when it happens. There's no law that says romance have to contain love triangles or romantic drama of a similar nature, (such as misunderstandings like this) yet virtually every romance I've read always has another guy or girl show up and express interest in the protagonist's love-interest, resulting in either the love-interest's heart wavering, even for a moment, (which is horrible and should never happen. I hate it so much I could go on an hour-long rant) or cause misunderstandings like this that cause the protagonist (and readers like myself) to become overly distraught and dejected. It's not pleasant, and I can't see it as anything other than a complete negative.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics