Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.18 - 129votes)

Pupa

Alt Names: alt ピューパalt 퓨파
Author: Mogi Sayaka
Artist: Mogi Sayaka
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Utsutsu and Yume Hasegawa have been living all on their own. One day, Yume sees red butterflies and something strange happens to her body!! As the siblings are toyed with by “Pupa,” so begins their tale of heroic love...
Go to Pupa Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic is this worth reading? New Window smashko
  • 1 Replies
Topic Pupa anime scheduled to air Fall 2013 New Window Shamune
  • 11 Replies

206 Comments

TLDR: What I was and am trying to say under all this mumbo jumbo is that the line "but for all intents and purposes, she's his mother." is much too inclusive, the clone thing doesn't change much.

The context in sirflimflam's first statement was genetics.  Hence, it was implied that "for all intents and purposes, she's his mother." refers to genetics.  The clone issue is very important as determines the level of genetic similarity with her brother and the likelihood of negative effects resulting from inbreeding.

Having a child with your mother is worse genetically then having a child with your sister.  Moreover, if the brother had a child with his sister it would be genetically the same as having a child with his mother  based on the information we have.  Context is everything, keep an open mind, that is all.

Spoiler

No, biologically, she is genetically identical to his mother. Memory or feelings have nothing to do with your DNA. She's absolutely his sister (probably at best half sister, since she shares none of her 'father's genetic makeup), since she grew in and was birthed from their mother, but she's a genetic clone of his mother down to the smallest detail. Sure it's not like she's literally his mother in every sense of the word, but that's not what I was saying at the time. 

I fail to see what the 'no' is pointing to, most of your comment is basically what I was saying. I agree that she is genetically identical to his mother, I was just pointing out that she still isn't his mother, just a genetic clone birthed by his mother and therefore as you said his half-sister. While memory and feelings don't have anything to do with DNA they have a lot to do with identity and that's what I was talking about there.

Basically was saying that even though she's genetically his mother that doesn't influence her familial relationship with him at all, at least in this situation. She's still similar yet different to him genetically as is the case with all siblings. The weird relationship is probably the mother but that's also mainly because of the situation of giving birth to a clone.

Though as I said that would make the ship the other guy was talking about weird if it came to children, but other than that its eh, not really important.

TLDR: What I was and am trying to say under all this mumbo jumbo is that the line "but for all intents and purposes, she's his mother." is much too inclusive, the clone thing doesn't change much.

No they're still siblings. She has his mother's genetic code for her body but she is still a copy and still 'produced' by the mother and has none of the mother's memories or feelings, and therefore still her child. Even if it was an unwilling pregnancy.

For biological intents and purposes even, she is still his sister, just a sister who inherited her mother's traits monstrously perfectly, on the outside. The inside of course is still the monster she is.

No, biologically, she is genetically identical to his mother. Memory or feelings have nothing to do with your DNA. She's absolutely his sister (probably at best half sister, since she shares none of her 'father's genetic makeup), since she grew in and was birthed from their mother, but she's a genetic clone of his mother down to the smallest detail. Sure it's not like she's literally his mother in every sense of the word, but that's not what I was saying at the time. 

It's technically even worse now if you consider genetics. Instead of being just his sister, Yume was basically a genetic clone of his mother. The monster copied his mother's genetic code in its entirely to produce the human form Yume. So they grow up as siblings, but for all intents and purposes, she's his mother.

No they're still siblings. She has his mother's genetic code for her body but she is still a copy and still 'produced' by the mother and has none of the mother's memories or feelings, and therefore still her child. Even if it was an unwilling pregnancy.

For biological intents and purposes even, she is still his sister, just a sister who inherited her mother's traits monstrously perfectly, on the outside. The inside of course is still the monster she is.

Incest? where? They just show family love to each other, that is normal

Well it wouldn't say normal. This familial love goes REALLY deep but that IS what it is as you said. Familial love.

and i thought deadtube and wolfsmund were edgy.

The other people maybe but I wouldn't consider the brother and sister 'edgy'. A sad love story or messed up attatchment but not 'edgy'.

He really is a good brother. Also.

Your rock!
Somehow I wrote your instead of you, which is somewhat embarrassing. So to correct that I will say that you scanlators are awesome.

Oh, I hadn't noticed that this had gotten another update. Time for my semi-annual thank you to the scanlators! Your rock!

Great. I found another good one.

and i thought deadtube and wolfsmund were edgy.

there 're complete chinese language here if you interest .
http://www.dm5.com/manhua-pupa/ complete 5 volume.

Spoiler

I can barely read on Portuguese. I guess it is something but man........it really sucks this manga is dropped by nearly all translators -_-

this is probably the best incest manga that I have ever seen...but too bad that the scanlators drop this....

Incest? where? They just show family love to each other, that is normal

this is probably the best incest manga that I have ever seen...but too bad that the scanlators drop this....

It is a bit sad to see that this wonderful manga has not been updated for some time. Though I guess I should not complain, as I am not really doing anything to help. Oh well, happy new year everybody!

I really like the way the events turned out in this series.

I thought it was gonna be cliched and boring but this turned out pretty interesting.

Wait so that means... I can ship them without guilt?

It's technically even worse now if you consider genetics. Instead of being just his sister, Yume was basically a genetic clone of his mother. The monster copied his mother's genetic code in its entirely to produce the human form Yume. So they grow up as siblings, but for all intents and purposes, she's his mother.

Wait so that means... I can ship them without guilt?

Spoiler

I had forgotten how creepy this series is...

Just finished reading through the raws. I don't moonlanguage, but the pics alone were enough.

Spoiler

Why is chapter 17 placed as the first chapter?

NeoProject, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for picking this up. REALLY, REALLY.

You could make all sorts of loose jokes after something like that...

I hope Yume regains her human form soon. 

This is heartbreaking too...

Spoiler

Daaamn poor Yume T.T

i can deal with a lot of the weird shit in this story and still enjoy it but the part where the monster goes inside of her is just incredibly creepy.

You could make all sorts of loose jokes after something like that...

I hope Yume regains her human form soon. 

i can deal with a lot of the weird shit in this story and still enjoy it but the part where the monster goes inside of her is just incredibly creepy.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics