Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.37 - 65votes)

Family Compo

Alt Names: alt F.Compo
Author: Hojo Tsukasa
Artist: Hojo Tsukasa
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Just before entering the university, Yanagiba Masahiko's father died in a car accident. His mother died when he was four, which makes him now really an orphan. But even before the death of his father, he didn't have a family life, as his father was always busy or abroad.

When his mother's younger brother and his wife decide to invite him to live with their family, his life takes a turn. But it is not going to be the normal family life he is imagining for himself. What is the "terrible" secret that lead his parents to break the bonds with his aunt and uncle? What could be the true nature of his cousin, Shion? And last but not least, will this "terrible" secret eventually get Yanagiba, too?
Go to Family Compo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Family Compo Discussion New Window PotatoCannon
  • 22 Replies

120 Comments

Oh, snap! Could the yuri be real?! =D

Wow, yeah.  Segobi's just dishing out the chapters like a topnotch short-order cook.  Thanks much!

95 was a pretty great chapter, too.

Do we ever find out what gender is shion?

Some of us agreed a while back that her "plumbing" is almost certainly female.  Using "gender" as gender identity, I haven't seen much about her preferences, as far as sexuality.  The only real "love" she had that I remember was for Hiromi when she was still Mitsuhiro.  So far we haven't seen any girl that Shion had real feelings for, as it was one-sided with both Asagi and Reiko (the girl from Sapporo).

So I'm guessing at this point in the manga, but I think that Shion just really enjoys switching back and forth to kind of have the best of both worlds, giving her the freedom to do what she wants at any particular moment.  I think her "gender identity" is more how she feels at a given time, and doesn't have much to do with sexuality.

Do we ever find out what gender is shion?

Thanks, Segobi.  You folks are coming out with new chapters at the speed of light.  I've always enjoyed this manga, and it finally looks like I'll be able to see it to the end.

Well, that chapter was hilarious, but pretty silly.  I mean,

Spoiler

But OK, set aside my grave doubts about the premise, I must say the whole scenario that comes out of it was great fun.

cronhelm_1700yd_scope.jpg

Saw that coming a mile away.

So Ejima got raped? Again?

Great, just as everyone making step forward in their own path, Masahiko is the only one still stand still just as he was at the first chapter, When will we see him finally has some progress ? Between this and Cat's eye, i feels like the author has some kind of bias against any male MC that wasn't Ryo Saeba. This isnt the kind of manga that "status quo is god" like Gintama, damn it.

I suspect that Giba will end up as the inn's hostess.

Thanks for keeping the torch alive Segobi my man.

Neat!  A third chapter one day after a second chapter one day after the first chapter!  Thanks, Segobi!

Neat!  A second chapter one day after the first new chapter.  Thanks, Segobi.

No Group, thanks for the new chapter.  Great scans, nice and clean, and good translation.

Yeah!  Thanks, Nojay, for a chapter of one of the best manga.  

Man, I might be paranoid but, I worry that someone will read this and behave like I'm making a highly offensive rant somehow.  I hope not, but it is the internet, and someone is always ready to jump out, guns blazing, ready to make personal attacks or something....

I can't speak for anyone else, but the post is fine by me.  I too feel that the manga makes our hero a bit too hapless.

Yay, new chapter!

God I love this manga, it is a beautiful and heartwarming story with incredibly rich characters who are used to portray complex real world problems.  I simply cannot get enough of the characterization and development we've seen throughout the story but...  Giba, you need to take control of your life brother.  Stop floating aimlessly without making plans.  Stop being jerked around and being disrespected like it's completely natural.  You have the makings of a more complex character than simply being the butt of Shion's latest dumb joke or the film club's silly escapade.  I mean some comedy is always a good thing and it's a very critical and necessary part of the manga but when it's the same guy every time, and with this consistency, it's obvious something needs to happen.

Spoiler

Man, I might be paranoid but, I worry that someone will read this and behave like I'm making a highly offensive rant somehow.  I hope not, but it is the internet, and someone is always ready to jump out, guns blazing, ready to make personal attacks or something....

Just realized that the newest scanlators' name(Nojay) made me mistook them for another scanlator group(Nolja) which translated a similar comic to this that had the same concepts (comedy, slice of life, genderbending) a few years ago.

At first I was like: Wow, I'm so thanksful that Family Compo is getting picked up again! Oh! It's the same scanlators who did Ensemble!... ...not!?(after double-checking the spelling)

I'm going to recommend Ensemble if you like this series since it's very sweet, cute and has that little family touch as you get from this series. (There's still some bits that are different though!) It's a great series even after finishing it because you won't get disappointed by through the fuzzy and warm feeling again!

Thanks, Nojay.  I always enjoy a chapter of Family Compo.  It's a pretty addicting story, and besides; the babes are hot!

Indeed . . . however defined.

Weird--something just told me I'd reached my quota of positive votes for the day.  I didn't even think I was in that positive a mood.

Must be the Family Compo update; thanks Nojay!

Just a difference in semantics. In both the OED (p. 1126 of the compact edition, definition #3) and Webster's 9th Collegiate Dictionary (definition #1) the definition is the single word "sex." The other definitions have to do with taxonomy (genus), and language (the gender of a word). The word can be used in context with other words, like "gender identification," but the denotation of the word itself means sex.

While I agree that 'gender' also (and originally) refers to biological sex, a lot of people these days have this whole thing where they vehemently state that the word 'gender' solely refers to
- the socio-cultural identities and customs associated with the two proper sexes
- the mentalities associated with the two proper sexes

I don't really agree with such a strict usage of the word, but it's better to know that it's something of a trend these days.

NB: proper, in that it's biologically normal - no cultural baggage attached here

Also I'm aware of its etymology, so 'originally' might not be accurate, but you get what I mean. Originally, in the context of female/male organisms.

Nojay, thanks to you, we'll be able to see this manga to the end.  I (and the other 561 official followers) really appreciate your efforts.

580 followers now (myself now included).

Nojay, thanks to you, we'll be able to see this manga to the end.  I (and the other 561 official followers) really appreciate your efforts.

Thanks, Nojay.  I always enjoy a chapter of Family Compo.  It's a pretty addicting story, and besides; the babes are hot!

Hey, a new chapter -- thanks Nojay! :)

Thanks for new chapter.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics