Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 228votes)

A Fairytale for the Demon Lord

Alt Names: alt A Tale for Satanalt İblis Lordu için bir Peri Masalıalt Bajka dla króla demonówalt Dongeng untuk Raja Iblisalt 마왕을위한 동화alt Picture Book for the Demon Lordalt Un Cuento de Hadas para El Señor de Los Demoniosalt Сказка для Дьявола
Author: Kim Yong-Hwan
Artist: Kim Yong-Hwan
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenTragedy TragedyWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: A Demon Lord spirited the Princess away, and cursed her with eternal sleep. Countless knights sought to save her, only to die in vain by the Demon Lord's hands. But then, a Nameless Knight arrived to vanquish him and save the Princess, ignorant of what fate had in store for him...

Original: http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/ataleforsatan
Go to A Fairytale for the Demon Lord Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Shall we try to understand the story so far? New Window josh25
  • 10 Replies
Topic Too slow New Window Evan Dark
  • 0 Replies
Topic Ending. New Window Zoro
  • 26 Replies

199 Comments

From the first season to the second, can someone please tell me what the hell is going on? Are the Knight and the Demon Lord the same person but of a different fate?

So so far, the knight was odin, the demon king was the knight, the princess was the knight and the demon king is not the demon king. Great.

So, someone just arrive sooner, cleared all Giant Guards and behead Odin?

Oi knight, what was that about only one person may meet the king?

I guess the plot won't make much sense until the final reveal, i'll just enjoy the great art.

My response to the moe reaction of the knight...

DAGA OTOKO DA!

This is like the next level of misunderstandings in manga. You know, sometimes the girls think you were peeking at them changing. Other times they think you killed Odin. Those sorts of things.

This chapter had a very love comedy feel to it, its nice to have these carefree moments once in a while.
Oh and also, is the knight a guy or girl?

Umm....a Guy??? ...I think

Ah, looks like I was right. He's totally making it up as he goes along again.

Somehow, the utter massacre the author makes of sense and reason is always neatly swept under the rug while we're all gawking at the gorgeous artwork and dramatic prose.

The storyline hurting my head. . .

This chapter had a very love comedy feel to it, its nice to have these carefree moments once in a while.
Oh and also, is the knight a guy or girl?

Author: "Your mind has been fucked. You just haven't noticed it yet."
You: "I feel so violated..." *takes a cold shower*

*cries in the shower*

*blood mixed with a mysterious white substance leaks out of ear*

Author: "Your mind has been fucked. You just haven't noticed it yet."
You: "I feel so violated..." *takes a cold shower*

Yay! New chapter! Thanx EG scans!

I don't know what's going on, but nice art so \'  '/

Some fanart/sketching by the artist

http://blog.naver.com/kyhaasa/220089857891

why!! It is not even NAVER!!

Ok you guys I think I got a grip on things now. Taking what i've learned before

Spoiler

-the plot as i understand it

and inputting the latest info from vol2 ch 4 that is to say

Odin=Odin, Nameless knight=Odin

Princess=nameless knight=Odin

demon lord=loki=nameless knight=Odin

the true mystery of the world becomes clear as day.

That this is all a metaphor for mastubation: Odin is the instigater of the self pleasuring naturally, the nameless knights are the actual act of masturbation, the strife of pleasing oneself. The princess is the climax the ultimate end that odin wishes to achieve, the goal all nameless knights strive for. The dark lord loki is thus frustration of not achieving climax, each time he gets close he just can't finish. All those nameless knights strive so hard to get pass the demon lord to reach the princess and when they do the princess is taken away again by odin renewing the frustration that is the dark lord.

This isn't Odin's trying to stave off ragnarok and save the world, this is just one man's deep and personal fight against impotence. That or he likes fapping to the edge and back building up to a massive orgasm.

I don´t care if I can only barely understand the plot the art by it self is more than enough. 

My mind hurts. . .

ok now this is going over my head

Having reread from the ending of the previous season to now, it seems everything up to season two was some sort of divination; an attempt of Odin to look into a "what if", to see if things would go not only as he wants but as a way to see what comes past his own death. It is beginning to look more and more likely that Odin is attempting to create The Ultimate Demon Lord, with Nameless Knight in Season 1 just being one of the many outcomes.

Presumably the reason Odin is trying to look past his own death is because he knows it is completely unavoidable, it WILL happen. So he wants to know the outcome beforehand as he will never be there in person to witness it. Now, as to WHAT he wants to achieve is a total mystery.

Season 1 is more straightforward, in hindsight. The only thing I found unexplained was how the princess suddenly needed to die as well in order for the end times to be triggered. I thought the whole thing was on Odin's defiance.

Okay, I am so goddamn confused right now.  This feels like LOST all over again, like everything is being made up on the fly and then made to fit after the fact.  Well, whatever; the art still looks cool so I'll keep reading.

Maybe the author is just going on randomly and giving us crap.

Well, I prefer to not think that way.
It's interesting on his own way with all the easy and super cliche  stories, I kind of like something that is not so clear and unpredictable.

I think that we have different point of view.

Then explain it in a way I can understand. Cause if all you can say is "It's interesting on his own way", you're simply saying you like it to be contraian even if its garbage.

Because its overly redundant?

Personally, the only thing I understand about this story is that its trying to be smarter than it really is.

Maybe the author is just going on randomly and giving us crap.

Well, I prefer to not think that way.
It's interesting on his own way with all the easy and super cliche  stories, I kind of like something that is not so clear and unpredictable.

I think that we have different point of view.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics