Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 261votes)

Nobunaga no Chef

Alt Names: alt A Chef of Nobunagaalt ยอดเชฟของโนบุนางะalt 信長のシェフalt 信長的主廚alt Kokinya Nobunagaalt Le chef de Nobunaga (French)alt Nobunaga's Koch
Author: Nishimura Mitsuru
Artist: Kajikawa Takurou
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyCooking CookingDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ken is a modern-day chef who wakes up one morning in war-torn 16th century Japan. Faced with an impossible situation, he does what he does best – he cooks. Soon, word of his wonderful food reaches the capital, and the ears of warlord Oda Nobunaga, who immediately orders Ken to cook for him. What will happen to Ken as he finds himself stumbling around in an era he doesn't belong?
Go to Nobunaga no Chef Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Hooray! New Window Maglad
  • 0 Replies
Topic nobunaga oda and cao cao New Window aang_sapi
  • 8 Replies

766 Comments

so.. what's wrong with the turtle? i guess it's pretty common food in asia, no?

The thing is 

Spoiler

Also, for the plot it interesting that

Spoiler

At least in the 19th century it was (and still is), in some parts of US too. But no clue about what they thought about softshell turtles before that, as the sengoku period was a couple of hundred years before eating softshell turtle became widespread and farmed/bred for food. My guess is that it was because it was still alive at all, like bringing in livestock to the table, or perhaps they viewed it as sacred or something...only time will tell when the the next chapter is released.

What really caught my attention was those delicious-looking Portuguese cod fritters. Makes me salivate just looking at it.

Honestly, the drawing looks better than the real thing ahahahaha

At least in the 19th century it was (and still is), in some parts of US too. But no clue about what they thought about softshell turtles before that, as the sengoku period was a couple of hundred years before eating softshell turtle became widespread and farmed/bred for food. My guess is that it was because it was still alive at all, like bringing in livestock to the table, or perhaps they viewed it as sacred or something...only time will tell when the the next chapter is released.

What really caught my attention was those delicious-looking Portuguese cod fritters. Makes me salivate just looking at it.

Maybe in japan it symbolism for chinko ?

Chapter 79 reuploaded with recipe at the end translated! Big thanks to Siquall <3

And done, got all published here  : 

Spoiler

Thank you very much all translators, i discovered this (awesome) manga because of you.

Soo.. jealouus.. If it published in my country i will buy it too..

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!

thank you for the updates!!

We really need a new Japanese translator for this project or access to French raws. If anyone can help out, please pm me or Bella! thank you so much! <3

AFTER THREE MONTHS, FINALLY CHAPTER 79!!

THANK YOU!

Read all chapters. My god, it's a pure gem.

I don't even know how i missed a manga like that ? Probably because i was tired of the cooking manga with overexagerated reactions.

I will start buying it now, 13 or 14 tomes are already out here, it will be a nice read for the next months.

And done, got all published here  : 

Spoiler

Thank you very much all translators, i discovered this (awesome) manga because of you.

I didn't put words in your mouth since you said "I'd feel much warmer about a group that used 0 credits pages and then asked for help in the comments." And that's what I understood from such comments.

Some bots ignore those "filters" while many keep them, and yes, I do agreed it's too many and annoying, but what can we do? It's their choice if they listen to their readers or not, I pointed it out a year ago and nothing changes so, meh. Better just keep reading and ignore those pages, since they have like 4 filters at the start, you can always jump right past them and you pretty much know when a series ends and ignore the remaining 4 pages. Too much complaint and who knows, we might not get to read it for a long while~

As I said in the beginning, I was merely offering my viewpoint on the matter as to maybe why they're struggling to find staff, as it was driving me away and may be driving others away. Nobody is immune to criticism or should be immune to it.

Anyway; I can see my advice is wasted as they're happy to keep spamming fluff pages to annoy their readers with, so it's whatever. Can't say I didn't try.

I'm not saying comment on every single site, please stop putting words into my mouth. I'm saying that literally anything short of insanity is a better solution and more likely to get people to apply, because adding 8 pages per chapter is insanity.

Bots / others are just going to grab the chapter and ignore the 8 pages of fluff, so the only ones that have to suffer through it are the ones who come to read it on their site or on Batoto, both of which are the two main places you're liable to get new recruits from and both of which are going to be put off by the page spam. That's my take on the situation.

I didn't put words in your mouth since you said "I'd feel much warmer about a group that used 0 credits pages and then asked for help in the comments." And that's what I understood from such comments.

Some bots ignore those "filters" while many keep them, and yes, I do agreed it's too many and annoying, but what can we do? It's their choice if they listen to their readers or not, I pointed it out a year ago and nothing changes so, meh. Better just keep reading and ignore those pages, since they have like 4 filters at the start, you can always jump right past them and you pretty much know when a series ends and ignore the remaining 4 pages. Too much complaint and who knows, we might not get to read it for a long while~

There's only one credits page per chapter, properly naming everyone that got an helping hand on the project, as it is fair. The rest are helping notices that, of course, anyone is welcome to skip, if they are that much annoying.

In fact those notices resulted really well and lots of people seem to be kind and want to learn how scanlation works! :')

Besides this wasn't really a batch release since we have been uploading chapter per chapter in our reader as it was mentioned before. I mean, they were already out there.

We decided to upload what was missing here and now we will continue to upload here as the chapters get ready (with a slight delay of 3 hours to 1 day. Our reader gets the chapters first as always).

Hope for an update soon~

-LOLScans

Okay let me rephrase what I said slightly: by "credits page", I'm referring to "every single page included in a chapter release, that was not included by the author themselves", of which there was 8 of them repeated every single chapter.

As for "batch release", if you release more than one chapter on Batoto (or anywhere else) within a few minutes, then as far as I'm concerned it's a "batch release". Doesn't matter at all if the chapters were released over a period of time on some other site first, it's not going to leave a good impression of your group if literally forty eight pages in the released chapters were not part of the author's original release of the given chapters.

Batoto is not the only web hosting, there are hundreds of hosting sites. Don't you think it's a tad bit too much to comment in evey hosting sites? Much less the 99,9% sites that grab releases by bots? Not to mention, many scanlators don't really care to keep track of other hosting sites, they usaully host at their website and possibly batoto.

The one recruitment page helps a lot to spread the information about they needing help, for those who care the tiny bit about the series they read.

While crediting is important as it involves many people but also let your fans know who are doing the scans so those who cares would know which group to search when they want to express their gratitude. Because those "thank you" does go a long way.

Now being a scanlator myself, I don't really care that much about credits, there have been many times I just simply don't care about credit pages in the release simply because it's more or less a "One man scans". And most of the time I don't really care about the credit page and just skip them, I only check on them when I notice something wierd, such as bad cleans, trans etc.

I do agreed with you about LOLScans using way to many "filters" and has pointed it out like a year ago to them, but that's their choice. At least we get to read our favourite series and it's not in LQ ^^

I'm not saying comment on every single site, please stop putting words into my mouth. I'm saying that literally anything short of insanity is a better solution and more likely to get people to apply, because adding 8 pages per chapter is insanity.

Bots / others are just going to grab the chapter and ignore the 8 pages of fluff, so the only ones that have to suffer through it are the ones who come to read it on their site or on Batoto, both of which are the two main places you're liable to get new recruits from and both of which are going to be put off by the page spam. That's my take on the situation.

Speaking completely personally here, but I'd never ever apply to help a group that uses more than one credits page of any kind per batch release (be it 1 chapter or 30), I'll glance through the first one and automatically disregard every single one I see after that. Hell I even kind of frown at a single credits page, I'd feel much warmer about a group that used 0 credits pages and then asked for help in the comments.

Maybe there are others who feel similarly to me, I really don't know.

Batoto is not the only web hosting, there are hundreds of hosting sites. Don't you think it's a tad bit too much to comment in evey hosting sites? Much less the 99,9% sites that grab releases by bots? Not to mention, many scanlators don't really care to keep track of other hosting sites, they usaully host at their website and possibly batoto.

The one recruitment page helps a lot to spread the information about they needing help, for those who care the tiny bit about the series they read.

While crediting is important as it involves many people but also let your fans know who are doing the scans so those who cares would know which group to search when they want to express their gratitude. Because those "thank you" does go a long way.

Now being a scanlator myself, I don't really care that much about credits, there have been many times I just simply don't care about credit pages in the release simply because it's more or less a "One man scans". And most of the time I don't really care about the credit page and just skip them, I only check on them when I notice something wierd, such as bad cleans, trans etc.

I do agreed with you about LOLScans using way to many "filters" and has pointed it out like a year ago to them, but that's their choice. At least we get to read our favourite series and it's not in LQ ^^

Speaking completely personally here, but I'd never ever apply to help a group that uses more than one credits page of any kind per batch release (be it 1 chapter or 30), I'll glance through the first one and automatically disregard every single one I see after that. Hell I even kind of frown at a single credits page, I'd feel much warmer about a group that used 0 credits pages and then asked for help in the comments.

There's only one credits page per chapter, properly naming everyone that got an helping hand on the project, as it is fair. The rest are helping notices that, of course, anyone is welcome to skip, if they are that much annoying.

In fact those notices resulted really well and lots of people seem to be kind and want to learn how scanlation works! :')

Besides this wasn't really a batch release since we have been uploading chapter per chapter in our reader as it was mentioned before. I mean, they were already out there.

We decided to upload what was missing here and now we will continue to upload here as the chapters get ready (with a slight delay of 3 hours to 1 day. Our reader gets the chapters first as always).

Hope for an update soon~

-LOLScans

Maybe that's because we really need people to help out? ._. 

Everyone's glad it's back but without help who knows how long it will take for the next chapter to come?

We have taken some new cleaners and typeseters but as always, and now more than ever, we are lacking translators that are kind enough to give us their time ;_;

We are doing our best and complains like this, after the effort we put into making those, make me kinda sad.

-LOLScans

I'm rather surprised to find that you are short on translators rather than the usual shortage of cleaners/redrawers (especially with the frequency of split pages)~

I can do Chin-Eng translation if you are lacking hands, but it depends on which work you are lacking the translation for, and the system of translator => typesetter format you work with (since the scanlation I've done in the past was for the whole set - Clean/redraw/typeset/translate all done by myself, so never needed "teamwork"). That and, how rigorous is the release schedule since RL is a pain. (If it is already something far eclipsed like Addicted to Curry, where the raw is already volumes ahead, I can always do a few chapters worth of translation in a single sitting, but active up-to-date releases are a pain to make time for) ;p

p.s. I didn't find any Nobunaga no Chef's raw on dm5, so presumably it isn't one of the chinese=>eng projects.

That's pretty kind of you :')

We always lack translators and cleaners/redrawers. It's like a curse ;_;

Unfortunately, our raws for nobunaga are in japanese, but we have others projects that could use your skills

and, as you said, aren't up-to-date releases! No pressure like that! ahahaha

If you ever find yourself curious about our other stuff, check our forum!

And really, thank you for being a nice person about my appeal for Translators and not seeing it as more nagging!

Everyone's glad it's back but without help who knows how long it will take for the next chapter to come?

We have taken some new cleaners and typeseters but as always, and now more than ever, we are lacking translators that are kind enough to give us their time ;_;

We are doing our best and complains like this, after the effort we put into making those, make me kinda sad.

-LOLScans

I'm rather surprised to find that you are short on translators rather than the usual shortage of cleaners/redrawers (especially with the frequency of split pages)~

I can do Chin-Eng translation if you are lacking hands, but it depends on which work you are lacking the translation for, and the system of translator => typesetter format you work with (since the scanlation I've done in the past was for the whole set - Clean/redraw/typeset/translate all done by myself, so never needed "teamwork"). That and, how rigorous is the release schedule since RL is a pain. (If it is already something far eclipsed like Addicted to Curry, where the raw is already volumes ahead, I can always do a few chapters worth of translation in a single sitting, but active up-to-date releases are a pain to make time for) ;p

p.s. I didn't find any Nobunaga no Chef's raw on dm5, so presumably it isn't one of the chinese=>eng projects.

Jeez, 8 pages of recruitment and fanart notices per chapter. Glad the manga's back, though.

-LOLScans

Jeez, 8 pages of recruitment and fanart notices per chapter. Glad the manga's back, though.

Ever since I was young and watched kagemusha with my dad and read "a samurai's tale" in school, it's always been takeda shingen who was the coolest of the daimyo

Pfft, no one like Shingen, we all know the coolest one is Kuroda Josui.

It's back. A miracle has happened.

Ever since I was young and watched kagemusha with my dad and read "a samurai's tale" in school, it's always been takeda shingen who was the coolest of the daimyo

Thanks for the translations!!

I thought this had died, so glad it hasn't 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics