Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 533votes)

Sakamoto desu ga?

Alt Names: alt 坂本ですが?alt Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto!alt I'm Sakamoto, you know.alt Μα δεν έχεις ακούσει? Είμαι ο Σακαμότο!alt Sakamoto, pour vous servir !alt Soy Sakamoto, ¿por?alt 我是坂本我最
Author: Sano Nami
Artist: Sano Nami
Genres: Comedy ComedySchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: First year high school student Sakamoto isn't just cool, he's the coolest! Almost immediately after starting school, he began attracting everyone's attention. The girls love him, and most of the boys resent him. There's even a boy in the class who works as a model, but who is constantly upstaged by Sakamoto! No matter what tricks the other boys try to play on him, Sakamoto always manages to foil them with ease and grace. Though Sakamoto may seem cool and aloof, he helps others when asked, such as in the case of the boy in his class who was being constantly bullied. No matter what difficulties Sakamoto encounters, he moves through his high school life with confidence and class!
Go to Sakamoto desu ga? Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic League of Extraordinary Manga Gentlemen New Window hisui火水
  • 8 Replies

655 Comments

Wow im glad I able to read the manga version into the end. Now i can't wait to watch anime version, must be glorious. 

"Status: Complete"

Tell me it's a lie!

For he so loved his class

He gave his only begotten pants

That they who believe shall not be nebbish

But have eternal swag

His swag forever endures.

HIS SWAG FOREVER ENDURES 

Me reading that last chapter

riDuOdK.png?1

So long, Sakamoto-kun

"Broadly speaking, we are Aliens, too."

Well, in Japanese the term is "Uchuujin" - native of Universe.

I just feel we had a glimpse of what Sakamoto really is...

Spoiler

"Broadly speaking, we are Aliens, too."

1275988660_sax-guy.gif

For the song, we used the lyrics listed on Wikipedia rather than fully translating it ourselves (the part sakamoto sings are the original German and the white words are the English version adapted for singing in English). I changed the adaptation version from Erl-king to Elf-king because that can at least paint a picture and that's what the most literal translation of the German word is. But yeah, this is more of like a forest monster than a tolkien elf. In addition, the parts where it says "my darling" instead of "my son" i changed to "my son" as well

As a musicologist, I love the fact that you did this :3

Just to note, when they call him the "evil elf-king" they don't mean your tolkien-esque elves, but the much older Germanic/Scandinavian idea of spirits/fairies and whatnot. What exactly is Erlkönig is a subject of debate, and some have envisioned him as a more troll/giant figure. I dunno, but it's one of those things that makes you realize how hard translating actually can be: you're translating from Japanese to English a German reference... some meaning is going to get lost along the way.

For the song, we used the lyrics listed on Wikipedia rather than fully translating it ourselves (the part sakamoto sings are the original German and the white words are the English version adapted for singing in English). I changed the adaptation version from Erl-king to Elf-king because that can at least paint a picture and that's what the most literal translation of the German word is. But yeah, this is more of like a forest monster than a tolkien elf. In addition, the parts where it says "my darling" instead of "my son" i changed to "my son" as well

Just to note, when they call him the "evil elf-king" they don't mean your tolkien-esque elves, but the much older Germanic/Scandinavian idea of spirits/fairies and whatnot. What exactly is Erlkönig is a subject of debate, and some have envisioned him as a more troll/giant figure. I dunno, but it's one of those things that makes you realize how hard translating actually can be: you're translating from Japanese to English a German reference... some meaning is going to get lost along the way.

Renaissance Man, Extraterrestrial, and now Elf King. Can Sakamoto be stopped?

For Anyone that didn't look up the song Sakamoto was singing yet.

Spoiler

Skip to 3:15 for the 'B' scene.

Man I wonder if this chapter will get to the anime...

How will the VA sing that lol

swagamoto went critiswag and took out close to a dozen.

So, it's a "Swagality", then?

For Anyone that didn't look up the song Sakamoto was singing yet.

Spoiler

I just feel we had a glimpse of what Sakamoto really is...

Spoiler

Jazz for your soul.

Spoiler

Wonder when he will help with Japan's declineing birth rates.

Oh my god, that armsax just took me out in a single blow.

Having Erlkönig playing in the background made this even funnier while reading! XD

Not even college students are safe from his charm

Hey, not even moms, as in mothers of boys of the same age, were safe from that. Much less college students.

I know this is pure swagness comedy, but I can't help thinking if sakamoto had a wife or girlfriend, can his wife/girlfriend endure his swagness? look! look at him, how many ppl wouldn't fall for sakamoto?

Swagamoto needs a harem to keep his swag density to harmless levels. That's also why he gets out and opens windows, to avoid critical levels of swag.

In chapter 20, misguided youth took him to an enclosed space, and you can see what happened: swagamoto went critiswag and took out close to a dozen.

I know this is pure swagness comedy, but I can't help thinking if sakamoto had a wife or girlfriend, can his wife/girlfriend endure his swagness? look! look at him, how many ppl wouldn't fall for sakamoto?

Not even college students are safe from his charm

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics