Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.19 - 260votes)

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan

Alt Names: alt ヤンキー君とメガネちゃんalt Flunk Punk Rumble
Author: Yoshikawa Miki
Artist: Yoshikawa Miki
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story starts with a seemingly unassuming class rep Adachi Hana who has taken an interest in the school's known delinquent, Shinagawa Daichi. Just what is her reason for following Daichi and wanting him to go on the class field trip?
Go to Yankee-kun to Megane-chan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Don't bother, the last chapters will leave you unsatisfied and annoyed. New Window KINT43E
  • 0 Replies
Topic Ending Discussion **SPOILERS** New Window Andrew McConnell
  • 39 Replies
Topic THAT ENDING!! Dx New Window Yui_Chibi
  • 4 Replies
Topic Anyone else have trouble reading? New Window dark_spear
  • 5 Replies
Topic What about countries where mangas aren't available New Window ayushmital
  • 0 Replies
Topic someone please translate it. New Window rahyan16
  • 2 Replies

396 Comments

If youve ever sat there and thought up a theory about something like "This character never existed, it was just an illusion of another characters creation" you should feel bad, kill yourself, and pay people to desecrate your corpse

Its amazing how Authors can develop
Adachi, Is easily making her way into my most hated characters ever list, but every character in Yamada is amazing
Lets hope this gets better and pretty much writes Adachi completely out soon

First, and foremost If anyone is thinking about not reading this because of a bad ending due to the comments, do it anyways. It's a really funny series and I fell in love with the heart-warming slice of story of characters who reminded me of the value of friendship.

Slight spoilers below and response to comments I've read below:
[Continue]...
Spoiler

I'm seriously thinkin of dropping Yamada too. That ending is such a letdown that i dont want to risk ruining all the pleasure i had reading Yamada till now. Screwing the ending makes it so that years of pleasure go wasted in a few pages, as if you were having wonderful sex with a busty teen model and right befoe you are reaching the climax she murmurs "oh i wonder if i ever mentioned i have AIDS".

Mh, you know what? i'm content with the ending of the first witches' arc. Im dropping it. 

Yeah, it seems like a good thing to do. The impression I get after reading some chapters of the second arc is that the first arc is the "real" story that ends with a proper resolution. The second arc it's made just to take advantage from the success of the series. After all it makes sense from the busines point-of-view to do so.

So I'm also dropping Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo

Don't build expectations on this one. It seems that this manga was axed because of poor ratings and the mangaka just finished it without caring to make a proper ending. It's a fun ride that ends abruptly. No explanations to the story and no closure whatsoever.

While the ending sucked and felt rushed, the biggest problem I had was that our MC didn't end up with anyone. At all. Every girl seemed to immediately fall in love with him but none of them break into his shell? Adachi is not that amazing to still hold her place after 4 years.

....... I don't know how but I missed the ending. I don't know why but I had hopes for it to have a proper ending. Words cannot do justice to the feelings I have about this ending.

Spoiler

and I didn't even get started yet butI'll stop with that.

I  don't get what the author was thinking. Last few chapters before the ending was good. The tense is building up for a great revelation of Adachi's condition, past, and family. But there was never a revelation. All the tense that built was thrown to the dump and it ends just like that. Could've been one of the best manga i read if it wasn't for that.

Nice story... except for the ending.

It kinda feels like the last chapter was written by somebody else, it's way out of line with the rest of the story.

The way Adachi appears in the end, the author could've just as well written an "and it was all a dream" ending. And it would've felt just as worse. Maybe the author planned to have another storyarc in Tono-U but was suddenly told to wrap it up or noticed that dragging it out would be a bad decision. What kind of reason was there to introduce that one girl during the last 10 chapters?

2/5 stars because that ending doesnt deserve better.

EDIT: Now I know why the other series of this author didnt get updates for half a year...

I must be crazy, but i dropped that manga because i found it boring, but now that i saw the comments about the end of story, i kind of want to read it from the beggining just to see that ending, like seriously, from what people are talking it went from a common non-ending romance manga to a kinda of sad poop. Maybe it's sarcasm? Maybe it's sarcasasm? Or neither...

that is indeed a scary ending. and like many other says, that adachi really feels like an illusion/ mental breakdown effect...

i feel my mood crumbling now :(

oh man, please dont jinx it XD

I'm seriously thinkin of dropping Yamada too. That ending is such a letdown that i dont want to risk ruining all the pleasure i had reading Yamada till now. Screwing the ending makes it so that years of pleasure go wasted in a few pages, as if you were having wonderful sex with a busty teen model and right befoe you are reaching the climax she murmurs "oh i wonder if i ever mentioned i have AIDS".

Mh, you know what? i'm content with the ending of the first witches' arc. Im dropping it. 

that is indeed a scary ending. and like many other says, that adachi really feels like an illusion/ mental breakdown effect...

i feel my mood crumbling now :(

Kind of scared to keep reading Yamada-kun now, knowing how this ended...

oh man, please dont jinx it XD

Here is an alternative ending / continuation. I hope you like it. https://m.fanfiction.net/s/7649095/1/The-End-is-Just-the-Beginning
I think the mental breakdown theory does not fit with his character, which has been shown as very strong and indifferent. Furthermore, their relationship was far from romantic, and if he survived 4+ years of not seeing her at all he should have grown much stronger mentally. This ending fits with Adachi's character perfectly, and is typical Japanese ending. Try reading Haruki Murakami's novels… you might not like them

i agree, i jumped right into my despair over the ending, but i REALLY do appreciate all the scanlation teams. It was a good run, and ya'll are awesome for sticking with this manga! Thank you so much!!

Hold on, what?

We never even found out what actually happened to her. What's with her family? I at least was expecting her to be a teacher but never this. I feel cheated. I also strongly agree that he was delusional.

Reading this manga was a spectacular roller coaster ride. It got me hooked right to the very end. The content was very good and the plot sequencing was well worth my time. I say; the ending is not enough to ruin it. Since there are 210 chapters that made up for the finale.

Spoiler

Fuck this ending.

24 Vols and this is what we get?

A theory about the ending. Sadly....

Spoiler

that is one of the most darkest ending theory for a gag manga i have ever seen.

but since it is a theory i won't criticize it.

anyway the ending was a loop to the first chapter but if we use a bit of imagination ,following that adachi is a student and shinagawa is a teacher, this will mean that shinagawa is gonna start hitting on one of his "students" I hope there is an omake because that will be a funny thing to see.

Thank you very much for stopping the flame war. And I apologize for including myself in it.

Moving back to the series however, I have to say that this ending was worse than I originally thought when reading spoilers. Not only was Adachi so random but the series just.... ends there. Wut? I DEMAND SOMETHING TO MAKE ME FEEL MORE NOSTALGIC!!! Oh well.... at least we still have Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo which I enjoy a lot more than this sorry to say. I like this series but at times I got tired of the comedy since you have to read so much text involving exams and such school stuff. Also the number of characters was also a problem since it was so difficult to tell them apart even with the different styles.

What a horrible ending... @____@

dem just like i thought
she not aged and just like in the first volume
dem why do you do this... i feel very sorry for MC 

is the comentator is the author??

it's unlikely that the author is at UC Irvine right now.

A theory about the ending. Sadly....

Spoiler

dem just like i thought

she not aged and just like in the first volume

dem why do you do this... i feel very sorry for MC 

is the comentator is the author??

Goddammit.

great story, great character development, great art, and to top it all off, a great FREAKIN CRAPPY ENDING

T____________T

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics