Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 235votes)

World Trigger

Alt Names: alt 境界触发者alt ワールド·トリガー
Author: Ashihara Daisuke
Artist: Ashihara Daisuke
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysterySchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A gate to another dimension has burst open, and from it emerge gigantic invincible creatures that threaten all of humanity. Earth's only defense is a mysterious group of warriors who have co-opted the alien technology in order to fight back!

-------------------------
DCMA -- http://pastebin.com/gZ3Tyqwx

-----------------------------------------------------------
>World Trigger Oneshots:

ROOM 303 (2008):
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/room-303-r15093

Trigger Keeper (2009):
Part 1: http://chippokenabokura.tumblr.com/post/116637617988/world-trigger-pilot-trigger-keeper-translation
Part 2: http://chippokenabokura.tumblr.com/post/116715852393/world-trigger-pilot-trigger-keeper-translation

Talented Elite Jin (2011):
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/talented-elite-jin-r15150
Go to World Trigger Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic How do you think they have so many different fields in the Border base? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 4 Replies
Topic World Trigger Manga Goes on Indefinite Hiatus Due to Author's Poor Health New Window nehnehneji
  • 2 Replies
Topic New Border Trigger to Aftokrator New Window Umadouble12
  • 2 Replies
Topic What do the little eyes represent near Osamu New Window Alucard151
  • 3 Replies
Topic Commander kido and his scar New Window Alucard151
  • 1 Replies
Topic Which is better, manga or anime? New Window truepurple
  • 11 Replies

816 Comments

Don't forget that Chika has that trauma, where she can't shoot at people

It's not a trauma, but a fear, as she never actually hit someone before (Trauma is an experience, fear is an emotion)

Also, I never said she had to target them, like with how she used hound on the ground, she could have done that earlier, as a means to defend herself, rather than just tanking the hits and waiting for someone to rescue her. (She was used as bait to lure Osamu out.) -- She and Osamu combined equals 1 'ace', but due to her mentality, Osamu is being bogged down compensating for her.

I know that too op characters are boring to read but to me Yuma is a exception that i've been waiting to come in a manga, he is strong in trion and have a powerfull trigger but this arc proves that his way of fighting is made in experience and tatical analisys, a refreshing sight in comparison with those overused one-man-army ( not that i dont like this type ) but i really needed someone like yuma to show because even with all those he can still be outsmarted and in team fight with other high class fighters he needs and works well with his teammates that are weaker than him but have their own abilites and progression rate.

When I started reading this manga, I was certain that this would be another generic battle manga and god I've never been more happy to be wrong.

Kuga isn't THAT OP, he's just trained far longer than any of the others, by being on the battlefield for a long time, and his body is made on Trion as well.  He's mastered using his black Trion weapon as well, so he just has much more time perfecting his Trion abilities than the others.   Remember, his dad was the one who introduced Trion and how to fight, to this world, all while Kuga had been experiencing real battles for many years.

I know that too op characters are boring to read but to me Yuma is a exception that i've been waiting to come in a manga, he is strong in trion and have a powerfull trigger but this arc proves that his way of fighting is made in experience and tatical analisys, a refreshing sight in comparison with those overused one-man-army ( not that i dont like this type ) but i really needed someone like yuma to show because even with all those he can still be outsmarted and in team fight with other high class fighters he needs and works well with his teammates that are weaker than him but have their own abilites and progression rate.

When I started reading this manga, I was certain that this would be another generic battle manga and god I've never been more happy to be wrong.

I came here to say that.

Kuga is a brilliant character, who we will never stop loving.

Also, this author is awesome, having so many different characters, each with their own specialties. (Apart from Osamu)

Yuma still OP and Osamu still weak. 

I'm hoping that Chika's inability to harm people comes into play during the match against Kageura. It would be interesting if her lead bullets don't trigger his SE due to no malicious feelings.

He'll still know he's being aimed at, he can sense any emotion directed at him besides malice, though it would be interesting if he got caught off guard because he senses her reluctance to hurt him

She would kinda break the story if she didn't have something stopping her from blasting through every fight by spamming hound+meteor artillery.

It'll be amusing when she figures out how to fling people out of bounds and/or launch herself into orbit (to get away from attackers) or basically any indirect way to use triggers besides occasionally-useful nerf darts.

Kind of curious to see what she could do with the utility Triggers.

For example how far could she send someone using Grasshopper.  Think of a field with Chika laid Grasshopper mines

alternatively we just saw Kuga throw rubble with Grasshopper

Chika could possible throw a building at you

She would kinda break the story if she didn't have something stopping her from blasting through every fight by spamming hound+meteor artillery.

It'll be amusing when she figures out how to fling people out of bounds and/or launch herself into orbit (to get away from attackers) or basically any indirect way to use triggers besides occasionally-useful nerf darts.

I'm hoping that Chika's inability to harm people comes into play during the match against Kageura. It would be interesting if her lead bullets don't trigger his SE due to no malicious feelings.

Kuga is one smug bastard.

And we love him for it xD

I had to re-read that last part a couple times to really see what just happened exactly... That was just awesome.

Imo, it's Chika that's kinda ruining it; for example, if she had used reg Hound before Osamu was taken out, he'd still be in the game -- She could have either used it on her pursuer to maybe score a point, or when Ouji was attacking Osamu, since Osamu could use thruster to get away, and the hounds may have hit Ouji. With this reasoning, she pretty much makes Osamu look even worse, since he's pretty much sacrificed himself to save her, when she could have defended herself, or helped him.

Kuga is one smug bastard.

Osamu kinda ruins this story for me. It's nice and all that they wanna show how being clever can help the team get unexpected wins, but it's getting to a point where they're going up against people just as clever and still as strong. Something definitely needs to change soon.

Imo, it's Chika that's kinda ruining it; for example, if she had used reg Hound before Osamu was taken out, he'd still be in the game -- She could have either used it on her pursuer to maybe score a point, or when Ouji was attacking Osamu, since Osamu could use thruster to get away, and the hounds may have hit Ouji. With this reasoning, she pretty much makes Osamu look even worse, since he's pretty much sacrificed himself to save her, when she could have defended herself, or helped him.

Osamu kinda ruins this story for me. It's nice and all that they wanna show how being clever can help the team get unexpected wins, but it's getting to a point where they're going up against people just as clever and still as strong. Something definitely needs to change soon.

That's why Hyuse is joining the team. He can add to the team's strength and take pressure off Osamu.

I don't really expect Osamu to be able to defeat anybody 1 vs 1 ever unless he acquire some sort of super weapon and that will never happen.

No, his main problem right now is the fact that he doesn't have enough Trion for pretty much anything.

He can't just shoot freely for he would waste too much trion, he can't make stronger bullets to pierce shield cause that would use too much trion, he can't use another gun, cause his trion levels would interfere once again, he would be even weaker if he did it.

He's already shown that he can win over an Ace should he have enough trion, just remeber the tests where he dueled a Rank A and managed to get one draw, that would have been a victory, had he not lost all his trion. So his main concern is training hard until his trion levels reach an acceptable amount.

I just realized this manga will have a drastically long story. Go for it!

With this im pretty sure hyuse will replace mikumo as combatant, and mikumo's role will be behind monitor as operator

That seems unlikely. First off, teams of four are allowed - they're even fighting one right now. Second, both this match and the one before have shown how incredibly useful the wires can be. Osamu is far more useful as an in-the-field tactician than as an operator.

Geez Chika had plenty of time to hit Ouji with a black hound and switch back to her shield, when he was attacking Glasses.

This is not completely correct: See this reddit post
It explicitly confirms that 30m and higher is possible.

As for why more people don't use it, lots of reason are possible:

• It's a prototype, so people don't have access to it
  • It is not very trion efficient
  • Teleporting range is limited visually

So, taking note of this, one possibility (from the reddit post) is for Chika to use it after reaching A-Rank.

• That would solve the trion issue easily.
  • A-Rank have access to prototypes and customization.
  • Assuming she is using it to escape with long-range teleports, even a sniper would have trouble reading where she would teleport to.

I see. I never knew the author did Q&A.

Touma specifically said that the distance of the teleporter trigger is dozen meters or so.

This is not completely correct: See this reddit post
It explicitly confirms that 30m and higher is possible.

As for why more people don't use it, lots of reason are possible:

• It's a prototype, so people don't have access to it
  • It is not very trion efficient
  • Teleporting range is limited visually

So, taking note of this, one possibility (from the reddit post) is for Chika to use it after reaching A-Rank.

• That would solve the trion issue easily.
  • A-Rank have access to prototypes and customization.
  • Assuming she is using it to escape with long-range teleports, even a sniper would have trouble reading where she would teleport to.

That's odd, since the wikia said it only relies on sight; not to mention in Chapter 29 Izumi lost the guy, since he teleported behind him, and there are also teleport traps (mentioned in 128 and seen in action at 132), meaning you could technically use teleport w/ chameleon.

With this said, Teleporter should work better then Grasshopper, in a 1vs1 situation or when the other team doesn't expect it. Even then, it'll give you better mobility then Grasshopper, since it's not in a straight line, and it'll only be predictable if you are

Izumi lost Arashiyama because he had no idea the latter was about to use teleporter. Touma later figured it out and was about to snipe Arashiyama as soon as he teleported, but Kitora killed him with her leg scorpion.

As for the teleporting traps that Fuyushima uses, I have no idea about its limits.

I don't know if it was mentioned, I don't think that the range per se is low but probably consumes trion proportionally to the distance, or an exponent of it.

Touma specifically said that the distance of the teleporter trigger is dozen meters or so.

...Ugggh, 3 MORE MATCHES WITH A DOZEN CHAPTERS EACH?! FUUUU!

i really tought chika whould have shot... not even seeing ossamu getting stabbed in the neck made her overcome the fear of shooting normal bullets!

RIght? I was expecting her to snap and blow the hell out of him.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics