Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 231votes)

No Game No Life

Alt Names: alt ノーゲーム・ノーライフalt No Game No Lifealt نه بازی نه زندگی
Author: Kamiya Yuu
Artist: Hiiragi Mashiro & Kamiya Yuu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The internet is full of rumors about the Neet and Hikikomori genius gamer siblings Sora and Shiro. The two go as far as to refer to the world as a "shit game", but then one day a young man calling himself "God" summons them to parallel universe. There, God has forbidden war, and "everything is to be settled with games". Yes, even the national borders. Driven into a corner by other species, the 'human species' is down to its last city. Can Sora and Shiro, these related failures of society, become the saviors of humankind in this parallel world?
Go to No Game No Life Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic "Living in Game" series ! New Window yariel
  • 18 Replies
Topic Story fails in logic, fails in quality. New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies
Topic About the Anime associated with this manga New Window DaoFox
  • 15 Replies
Topic General (About Story so far...) New Window LoLImBored
  • 1 Replies
Topic General (Thoughts about Story so far...) New Window LoLImBored
  • 2 Replies

309 Comments

yeah, only 12 episodes... story is really shrunk

No Game No Life should have been made with more episodes... but probably not even authors expected such big success

btw: 10th episode is out ;)

No Game No Life can still a bit compacted ...

however, something like Black Bullet shouldn't get compacted in anime version ...

it skipping too much good scene ...

I know they want to press the production cost by swallowing as much story from LN as possible ... but that also partially killing anime version ...

Ep 10 ... hmm, should I telling what anime version lack in here ?

(like what I just telling in Ep 09)

yep, Sora suppress Eastern cheat ... nice play ...

however, they will still use some cheat too ...

it's time for introduction!

Spoiler
bwahaha, I had burst of laughter, when I saw that... especially Jibril is epic

actually Ep 09 should be a lot more suspense ...

but all of it can't be fitted in 1 anime ep ... thus the epicness get reduced ...

(it will be a lot more interesting if you read the LN first tough)

Spoiler

yeah, only 12 episodes... story is really shrunk

No Game No Life should have been made with more episodes... but probably not even authors expected such big success

btw: 10th episode is out ;)

im genuinely surprised he didnt hesitate to share his entire lifes memories, with a lot of how they were treated etc a nomal person wouldnt want anyone to know more than is enough

looking forward to seeing them take over the beastkind and then the elves :P the opening shows a silhouette of a beast girl that matches my ideal completely xD

somebody uploaded that jerky/creepy ending of EP8 ... enjoy ;-)

Spoiler

also new episode 9 is nice mindf*ck, but compared to super epic episode 8 it is second-rate

actually Ep 09 should be a lot more suspense ...

but all of it can't be fitted in 1 anime ep ... thus the epicness get reduced ...

(it will be a lot more interesting if you read the LN first tough)

read this to make the anime Ep 09 looks more interesting ...

(plenty of missing thing in anime version, but I'm still glad I see anime, because the situation of game quite unclear in LN version)

Spoiler

I watched the anime and loved it, definitely my favorite of the season. I figured I'd give the manga a shot.

Something like half a dozen pantyshots in the first chapter. SHE'S ELEVEN. That and they play up the brother/sister thing like it's a romance, "Being embraced by you is more than I deserve, but can you let me go?" This manga is a pedo-pandering piece of shit.

Spoiler

also new episode 9 is nice mindf*ck, but compared to super epic episode 8 it is second-rate

It's impossible to keep always the same pace... Example:

Episode 1 and 2 were great... 3 was so-so!

What resume the episode is this... How to break a so intense episode into laughing (And I laugh so hard in this part...)

Spoiler

This are, as Jibril said: "Master's true colours..."

He have balls of steel but at the same time it's a child... I'm really astonished how the Author can come with this kind of things, being so mind f*ck... He really is not normal, and that it's what sets apart the normal ones from the exceptional ones.

Spoiler

yeah, No Game No Life is really epic, without doubt best anime of this year. I hope season 2 will come out this year as well.

anyway, I agree with you, that Evangelion was epic, too. If they didn't ruin the ending, it would be masterpiece of century. BTW: you are peculiar fan, who doesn't call it NGE. :P

I agree, If the end wasn't so bad, that they had to redo it in the original Anime with the End of Evangelion.

And yes, I always called NGE as Shin Seiki Evangelion. The NGE being official does not sound OK to me, so I prefer to use the original japanese name.

Spoiler
The game has begun!!!!

yeah, No Game No Life is really epic, without doubt best anime of this year. I hope season 2 will come out this year as well.

anyway, I agree with you, that Evangelion was epic, too. If they didn't ruin the ending, it would be masterpiece of century. BTW: you are peculiar fan, who doesn't call it NGE. :P

Spoiler

this must be first time you are reading/watching something sad, where important characters die. Its first time for you, so it has strong impact. But Agame ga Kill is crap. It had good start though, but then author ran out of ideas so he started needlessly killing characters.
Go watch/read Game Of Thrones, Walking Dead, Death Note and others (series where characters die) and you will re-evaluate oppinion about Agame Ga Kill.

I've only seen today this week episode... And I'm speechless...

I said and will continue, this is the Anime of the Season!!!!

I've seen a lot, I've read a lot but nothing had given me this kind of feeling, of chicken skin and jolts through my spine as the last 3 and something minutes!!!

Kamiya Yuu is a genius (what to expect from someone who had created not only this No Game No Life world but also Clockwork Planet world), and no, for the first time I will not read the LN to know what comes next. even wanting, I will wait, even if it takes 1 year or my entire life!

A little background from me:

Shinseiki Evangelion was the series that made me start enjoying Manga/Anime and for a lot of years was the only one, nothing had surpassed or even taken a spot next to it… Some came close but not enough!

Today I must say that after about 20 years I’ve found another one to take the first spot with Shinseiki Evangelion, and that is No Game No Life!

The game has begun!!!!

The material from LN get ... "changed" a bit in a middle way ...

Spoiler

Anime version probably will stop after covering 3rd Vol of LN ...

so it's barely enough to cover 2nd season with Col 4-6 LN ...

(I haven't seen new LN again, I wonder if it's already ended or not)

I've seen a lot, I've read a lot but nothing had given me this kind of feeling, of chicken skin and jolts through my spine as the last 3 and something minutes!!!

Kamiya Yuu is a genius (what to expect from someone who had created not only this No Game No Life world but also Clockwork Planet world), and no, for the first time I will not read the LN to know what comes next. even wanting, I will wait, even if it takes 1 year or my entire life!

Shinseiki Evangelion was the series that made me start enjoying Manga/Anime and for a lot of years was the only one, nothing had surpassed or even taken a spot next to it… Some came close but not enough!

Today I must say that after about 20 years I’ve found another one to take the first spot with Shinseiki Evangelion, and that is No Game No Life!

The game has begun!!!!

Spoiler

The game has begun!!!!

haha, I have already talked about

Spoiler
on NGNL anime forum. It's really WTF moment.
Well, there is no need to explain. Everybody should be able to understand that much, even without reading LN.

also dont forget to mark important story spoilers, so people wont see them unless they want to ;)

just a bit of "tease" so watcher of anime going to read LN too ... =3= ...

that's why I only give partial hint out of it ...

next should be mind break game ... =x= ...

Spoiler

haha, I have already talked about

Spoiler
on NGNL anime forum. It's really WTF moment.
Well, there is no need to explain. Everybody should be able to understand that much, even without reading LN.

also dont forget to mark important story spoilers, so people wont see them unless they want to ;)

that last episode? WTF?!

though they did good job to make ending song jerky

Spoiler

that last episode? WTF?!

though they did good job to make ending song jerky

I keep seeing "LN" what does that stands for?

Light Novel.

I keep seeing "LN" what does that stands for?

No Game No Life get more and more amount of watcher / reader ...

the DL at torrent alone reach 100,000 ...

this is the first time I see torrent having that crazy amount of DL ...

and I'm sure the amount will increase even more latter ...

Honestly, the anime for this might actually surpass the LN and manga. I can't say enough good things about the anime. Making an anime EXACTLY like the LN or manga is..... kinda boring, it's fun to see someone else's interpretations of the same scenes(imo). This anime stays pretty loyal to the LN, while changing some minor details but keeping the themes and ideas the same. The references to other series stand out even more because of the animation and the great colors they use. It's just, the anime is incredibly entertaining... a lot more so than i thought it'd be. Episode 6 was especially awesome...

Oh, and the voice acting is VERY impressive. Not something i've ever praised before, but it's really well done in this. Gives the characters a lot more personality.

the anime for No Game No Life is quite suitable and shown MORE intense gameplay compared LN or manga ...

not to mention few thing can be skipped and probably put in omake for BR version ...

really surpass LN in certain aspect ...

I_used_to_be_gamer_like_you.png

No Game No Life anime is seriously amazing...

oh man that skyrim reference in the anime was funny xD, that arrow, how many more ppl gonna f**k?, now he cant be a gamer no more xD

Honestly, the anime for this might actually surpass the LN and manga. I can't say enough good things about the anime. Making an anime EXACTLY like the LN or manga is..... kinda boring, it's fun to see someone else's interpretations of the same scenes(imo). This anime stays pretty loyal to the LN, while changing some minor details but keeping the themes and ideas the same. The references to other series stand out even more because of the animation and the great colors they use. It's just, the anime is incredibly entertaining... a lot more so than i thought it'd be. Episode 6 was especially awesome...

Oh, and the voice acting is VERY impressive. Not something i've ever praised before, but it's really well done in this. Gives the characters a lot more personality.

Anime ep 03 ... Jojo parody is in here too ?!? lololol ...

CRAZIEST chess game I have ever seen ...

(makes me wonder if that really a chess game)

and this ep instantly surpass the manga progress ...

already read the LN up to Vol 02 ...

wow, Shiro is devious and SCARY  ...

(I won't spoilers what she has done to protect her own love)

and she really look Sora as boy instead her own brother ...

I already skim through Vol 1-3 ...

it seems there will be A LOT being skipped by anime ...

(ecchi material, cruelty, etc)

tough it probably will be shown more in manga ...

Anime Ep 04 ... end of Vol 01 LN ...

(kinda disappointed something get skipped)

tough in chess game competition, the anime IS A LOT BETTER THAN LN ...

The level of keikau in the LN is in danger of making my brain asplode.

Also absolutely no idea how they're gonna draw any of this for the manga, at least starting with the main game from volume 2 and stuff.

too much this ?=3=? ... BTW, Vol 03 ... MINDBREAK GAME ... SERIOUSLY ...

Spoiler
MidoriKitzune
Apr 21 2014 10:04 PM

And now with the second episode the Anime had catch the Manga. After this one, it's all new from were...

And what an episode...

LN would be about Chapter 40 translated to Manga Chapters. If you count the already translated pages and the content.

Go read it, wont spoil the Anime ^^. Madhouse puts in small things to make the Anime fresh and new to old fans. And visuals are nice~

PS... KEMOMIMI!! http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=No_Game_No_Life

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics