Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 105votes)

Shinigami Hime no Saikon

Alt Names: alt Shinigami-Hime no Saikonalt Shinigamihime no Saikonalt The Princess of Death's Second Marriagealt 死神姫の再婚
Author: Onogami Meiya
Artist: Fujiwara Ryou
Genres: Romance RomanceShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Alicia Faitlin, daughter of an impoverished aristocratic family, was forced into an arranged marriage by her uncle, but the groom died suddenly in the middle of the ceremony.

Although Alicia has been labeled “The Princess of Death” due to this incident, there's someone pursuing the matter of a second marriage with her. He is an upstart noble whose family was recently promoted to the ranks of the aristocracy, Kashburn Licen. This man is rumored to be a “Tyrant” but-?

Sequel:

> Shinigami Hime no Saikon -Baraen no Tokei Koushaku-
( www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/shinigami-hime-no-saikon-baraen-no-tokei-koushaku-r8230 )
Go to Shinigami Hime no Saikon Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Awesome Deal New Window Ookami
  • 1 Replies

127 Comments

Is this really a shoujo manga ?

Noone says shoujo can't be dark and creepy =p

I lost count of how many times he said he bought her as his wife after chapter 6....

People underestimate shoujo manga.

So true

@Purple Library Guy;

I would say the guy is unconventional and interesting in his own way.  I mean, he's an admitted Atheist (or at least anti-theist) in a Medieval European setting with a very powerful almost theocratic bent to the government, that counts for something.

Plus, In a lot of Shoujo Manga you get them main dude being considered a "Rebel" and a "Bad Boy" in that very 'girly-story' way where the limit of their Bad-Boy-ness is them just being mean (The Nerve!) or skipping class (The Horror!) or other barely notable things (with stuff they do that is legitimately creepy or stalkerish or abusive being paradoxically written off as being 'romantic').

Kashburn is legitimately a Tyrant.  He's cold, ruthless, more than willing to get his hands dirty, and actually both flaunts his power while disparaging one of the major societal forces of his world.  He Actually backs his "Rebel-ness" up with actual actions that have (or are about to have) actual tangible effects.

Of course, Yes, she's more Unique.  I mean he Murdered someone right in front of her and she was just sort of 'watevs' about it, but still, you have to keep things in perspective.

P.S. You know what Crossover I want now?  Slam Alicia into an Alliance with Naedoko Kanoko.

They'd have conquered the World in a Decade.

Only 4 for chapters to go? I was hoping this would be at least a 20 chapter series.

Ah well, it's a good read. Thanks translators. :)

On a side note, anyone else having severe issues loading pages? I click the page, manually select the page, and use the arrow keys,but it just brings me to blank page. It takes several attempts to try to load the page.

It actually continues by a different mangaka. It also starts off where this one ends or a short time after.

I hope this doesn't take a dark turn here, Kashburn is somewhat unpredictable.

it's already ending?! damn it, good ones always die young...

(and it's so rare for me to read a shoujo manga that doesn't make me give up in the middle...)

People underestimate shoujo manga.

The assassin is finally revealed! :D

On a side note, I had trouble loading every page of the chapter, which was very odd. :/

Only 4 for chapters to go? I was hoping this would be at least a 20 chapter series.

Ah well, it's a good read. Thanks translators. :)

On a side note, anyone else having severe issues loading pages? I click the page, manually select the page, and use the arrow keys,but it just brings me to blank page. It takes several attempts to try to load the page.

They finally talked. I expected it to come later in the series but it works for me. Wishing for more later. 

This art is great, it truly is. I love it. Every character is well done, has a certain personality and I like that. But the main girl is an issue. It's supposed to be a shoujo but she's yet to show any true emotion to romantic events. She's very plain. I like that she doesn't get herself into stupid romance BS like most shoujo leads tend to do, but she should show some emotion. I hope that gets developed. She's kind of boring, for the main lead. But I do like the main guy lead, he's very interesting.

You're kidding, right?  She's AWEsome, with a capital AWE.

She's being painted somewhat subtly because part of the comedy comes from the other characters not really figuring her out, and because she's not the type to rant and rave about her beliefs and positions.  But in fact she's by far the most unique personality in the manga, and one of the most unique personalities I've seen in a manga in years.  She doesn't fit any of the manga stereotypes, like, at all.  Sunny and cheerful but ruthlessly rational, a massive horror fan, a person who accepts an irrational world but responds by smilingly but relentlessly applying common sense to it, for results that boggle the cynical and the altruistic alike . . . she's a one-of-a-kind creation.  Totally cool and amazing, I'm never sure quite what's going to come out of her mouth yet, but it always fits her particular off-kilter worldview.

The guy is a decent character but fairly conventional compared to her.  He's obviously colorful because he goes big, but he isn't unique.

I think it leans more Josei than Shoujo. There's a pretty big difference in how the genres are presented imho, and so far this doesn't really fall on the shoujo side of that line. 

Also, she's not really average. She's fairly good looking(mileage may vary), she's also a nobleman's daughter and while not having the financial backing that typically comes along with that, she does still have the long family history(as they've pointed out...). Then there are her tastes. I'd say those things put her pretty far away from "average girl".

I would take all those arguments and add to the picture her seemingly naive side to justify it's a shoujo. 

"Average"girls are typically josei-related (well the female lead) because it portrays more realistic relationships.

Anyway, is it relevant ? I do know my age and my sex (Well, probably ?), I know it's not aimed at me and it doesn't bother me or stop me from reading.

"You might even force him to sit on a wooden horse"

Whelp, Looks like I can add 'Is a bit Kinky' to the list of traits that make Alicia completely awesome.

I Love how happy she looks during the entire conversation, while even the "Horrible Tyrant" Kashburn is visibly uncomfortable at the thought.

"I've got an idea." ...

Spoiler

people saying shoujo-esque?  it has bishounen, an average girl marrying a bishounen, bishounen fighting sometimes over the said average girl, and the said average girl isnt quite average.

yes it is shoujo-esque! i didnt think for once it wasnt! i like the storyline somewhat, thought i have to say, their security is pretty horrid

I think it leans more Josei than Shoujo. There's a pretty big difference in how the genres are presented imho, and so far this doesn't really fall on the shoujo side of that line. 

Also, she's not really average. She's fairly good looking(mileage may vary), she's also a nobleman's daughter and while not having the financial backing that typically comes along with that, she does still have the long family history(as they've pointed out...). Then there are her tastes. I'd say those things put her pretty far away from "average girl".

This art is great, it truly is. I love it. Every character is well done, has a certain personality and I like that. But the main girl is an issue. It's supposed to be a shoujo but she's yet to show any true emotion to romantic events. She's very plain. I like that she doesn't get herself into stupid romance BS like most shoujo leads tend to do, but she should show some emotion. I hope that gets developed. She's kind of boring, for the main lead. But I do like the main guy lead, he's very interesting.

@The DCG ahh yeah,,, that kind of fear... ^^ 

sigh.. Nora doesnt learn her lesson... however so does the princess... but then, it'll get boring if they do heed to the warning... :P

religion is very scary thing when ruled by delusional people

Without delusional people, there would be no religion though.

people saying shoujo-esque?  it has bishounen, an average girl marrying a bishounen, bishounen fighting sometimes over the said average girl, and the said average girl isnt quite average.

yes it is shoujo-esque! i didnt think for once it wasnt! i like the storyline somewhat, thought i have to say, their security is pretty horrid

I seriously hate nora....

religion is very scary thing when ruled by delusional people

I don't know how this turns out in the future, but at this point I'm wondering about the shoujo tag, it definitely doesn't seem shoujo-esque. Definitely in the top 3 for shoujo manga if this holds though.

Also, (Over)Lord Licen is such a bamf. Suck on it stupid nobles!

This is one badass netherworld in that case :3

Preach Tyrant!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics