Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 105votes)

Shinigami Hime no Saikon

Alt Names: alt Shinigami-Hime no Saikonalt Shinigamihime no Saikonalt The Princess of Death's Second Marriagealt 死神姫の再婚
Author: Onogami Meiya
Artist: Fujiwara Ryou
Genres: Romance RomanceShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Alicia Faitlin, daughter of an impoverished aristocratic family, was forced into an arranged marriage by her uncle, but the groom died suddenly in the middle of the ceremony.

Although Alicia has been labeled “The Princess of Death” due to this incident, there's someone pursuing the matter of a second marriage with her. He is an upstart noble whose family was recently promoted to the ranks of the aristocracy, Kashburn Licen. This man is rumored to be a “Tyrant” but-?

Sequel:

> Shinigami Hime no Saikon -Baraen no Tokei Koushaku-
( www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/shinigami-hime-no-saikon-baraen-no-tokei-koushaku-r8230 )
Go to Shinigami Hime no Saikon Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Awesome Deal New Window Ookami
  • 1 Replies

127 Comments

lol, they put

Spoiler

right after the page with yaoi talk :P

wow swoonami over the latest chapter

I feel this little boy has had his pride damaged enough that he might just get his men to do his job for him and to hell with the rules. Arrogant little prick.

Nah, after being pwn'd by Licen, Alicia might stops him from killing the little bastard (y'know, she hates seeing people die for real), then proceed to explains why everything he's done so far is pretty much USELESS and how he's been a complete RETARD or how he's MISTAKEN in "manor = status symbol" when Alicia just want to keep it for the memories, and does massive mental damage that he goes back physically alive but his soul got CRUSHED.

And only such traumatizing damage that last his whole life, rendering him a living corpse, would satisfy my hatred for how annoying he's been...a quick kill from Licen is just a wayyyyyyyyy lighter sentence.

Fennec- try Tsubaki Izumi.  She writes gag-manga shojou style.  Heck, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is 4-panel.  And Oresama Teacher's Mafuyu would like to be seen as cute.  If only she had any idea, outside of shoujo manga, what a cute girl acts like. /laugh  Incidentally, Oresama is licenced in the USA by VIZ, and you can buy the manga online at viz.com, or to read online at vizmanga.com.

Oh man, now I'm really curious for the last chapter. XD Btw, Alicia didn't get much to say in the second half of the 11th chapter, I hope she gets more awesome moments before the end. She's a really refreshing character.

A huge thanks to the scanlators, Antisense as well as Icarusbride. The quality of the scanlations is more than great and they are pretty fast. Thank you! x1000 (Wanted to write this on their sites, but I don't have an account on blogspot :/)

I feel this little boy has had his pride damaged enough that he might just get his men to do his job for him and to hell with the rules. Arrogant little prick.

Never thought he would be this annoying when he was first introduced.

Was the cliffhanger even necessary... It's clear he's gonna get owned hard :P (unless he decides to play dirty, which is annoyingly possible...)

I honestly think that the chapter should have ended with the first page of chapter 12.

Was the cliffhanger even necessary... It's clear he's gonna get owned hard :P (unless he decides to play dirty, which is annoyingly possible...)

Finally, shit is about to get real. Hope the duel will be good.

Only just read the prolouge and I'm already likeing said "Shinigami Hime" ^^.

Gosh... Cliffhangers are annoying >__<!!

I like the flow of this series. It's different from your ordinary shoujo and it seems to have much more meaning to its story. I like the main (and side) characters and how they've been developing, it's not easy to start a marriage with someone you don't know, it's not going to be flowers from the very beggining, is it? I think they have so much more to show and feel... Wah, so excited :D

Doubt it.  He's the hero.  He's the tragically misunderstood good guy who is trying to overturn the rotten system but has become hardened and embittered by the cynicism-causing obstacles in his path and maybe a Tragic Past.  Thus he's become the outwardly callous hardass who can be saved from burnout and despair and losing his idealism by the love of a good woman (or in this case, an offbeat coolio woman).  His sort are not that common in manga, but they're quite common in some kinds of Western fiction (and movies).

This isn't a tragedy.  He's untouchable.

He loses an eye in the novels if that makes it any better? XD

Why hello, PLG, it's good to see you again. How many manga do we share reading again?

Personally, I like this story. Though I had hoped for more interaction between Kashburn and Alicia.

I see death flags on Kashburn.

Doubt it.  He's the hero.  He's the tragically misunderstood good guy who is trying to overturn the rotten system but has become hardened and embittered by the cynicism-causing obstacles in his path and maybe a Tragic Past.  Thus he's become the outwardly callous hardass who can be saved from burnout and despair and losing his idealism by the love of a good woman (or in this case, an offbeat coolio woman).  His sort are not that common in manga, but they're quite common in some kinds of Western fiction (and movies).

This isn't a tragedy.  He's untouchable.

Then how about the theme that male leads tend to be just to good (in the meaning of skills not behaviour) to be true?

For shounen it is enough that it is the prettiest one or at least cute. ^.-

Oh, that's very true.  Shoujo and shounen both have everywoman/everyman as the viewpoint character, and they both hand them The Best, for reasons which may be plausible, ridiculous or anything in between.  That's wish fulfillment.

But, you know, sexism.  So, in shoujo The Best means not just looks but skills, brains, talent, maybe money or status.  In shounen The Best means looks, sexiness, and maybe some other measure of cuteness, but not necessarily anything else, and very often it means not one girl but a bunch.  The girls are supposed to want a Man Who Can Take Care Of Them, and the boys are supposed to want SEX and lots of it.  Come to think of it, that may be one more reason I like yuri manga--both being the same sex there's a fluidity to the roles, an equality to the romance, that's harder to come by in the hetero stuff.  Might be true of shounen ai too, I don't really know.

.............at first i thought this manga will be good

but damn its lame

I see death flags on Kashburn.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :D

Shoujo manga tend to be romances...[/spoiler]

Then how about the theme that male leads tend to be just to good (in the meaning of skills not behaviour) to be true?

For shounen it is enough that it is the prettiest one or at least cute. ^.-

I think the problem with shoujo manga is that it tends to be too flowery and romance-driven.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :D

Shoujo manga tend to be romances--of course they're romance driven.  It's like if I were to complain that the problem with Dragonball is there are so many fights.

As to the main characters of shoujo, I think maybe you haven't read much shoujo.  The spunky kind is at most the second most common kind, and IMO a long way second at that.  The most common kind is the sweet innocent that tries to be upbeat (with varying degrees of success) but cries cutely if and when she fails.  And the "put up a front of hating the love interest" is actually not that common in shoujo.  Not totally rare either, but if you're gonna talk the big shoujo cliches that one isn't dominant.

Stark700--Pretty low cliff.  I mean,

Spoiler

i really the girl in this manga,she really is unique.

Well damn.

Spoiler

Fucking Earl. I hope that he is killed soon.

I think the problem with shoujo manga is that it tends to be too flowery and romance-driven. The main character is almost always a "spunky" girl who loves being cute and has a bit of a temper. Even the tough girls wish they could be seen as cute. They also tend to argue with their love interest and put up a front of hating them when they're actually falling in love; some also overreact to everything and just mentally groan about how weak and useless they are around the guys.

There's a certain formula that seems to apply to all shoujo manga; it's rare to see an exception. This is one of those rare exceptions. The heroine isn't hyper and she doesn't hate the guy. She's also not fussing over whether she loves the guy or not at every moment like other heroines. That's why I like it.

That Reiden... he's like a Raditz of their world...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics