Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 1196votes)

Shokugeki no Soma

Alt Names: alt 食戟のソーマalt 食戟之灵alt Food Wars!
Author: Tsukuda Yuuto
Artist: Saeki Shun
Genres: Comedy ComedyCooking CookingDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHarem HaremPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yukihira Souma's dream is to become a full-time chef in his father's restaurant and surpass his father's culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in America. Although downtrodden, Souma's fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?

(Spin-off) http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/shokugeki-no-soma-etoile-r14774
Go to Shokugeki no Soma Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic About Souma's Mother New Window titoviana
  • 10 Replies
Topic Who do you want soma to end up with? New Window Abdullah
  • 139 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Kreian
  • 211 Replies
Topic Digital Colored Editon New Window Vulgrim
  • 0 Replies
Topic who is it saiba jouichirou New Window kaizer_emperor
  • 1 Replies
Topic When Will Erina figure out Souma's true identity New Window lygarx
  • 14 Replies

8960 Comments

Sounds stupid, why would you be more physically echausted by what the other opponent is cooking? Maybe because you exert yourself more to cook up something better, but that I still don't think that makes much sense.

probably the stress and pressure is too intense for them ...

if you have enter serious competition / tournament, even it's for simple thing like chess or such, the fatigue is intense if you do it VERY SERIOUSLY ...

even more if it's cooking ... do you think cooking is easy and don't consume much stamina ?

that's seriously wrong, chef and someone who able to cook skillfully usually have strong and dexterious arms, as they need to cook and stir a lot in cooking (depend on how you do it, focusing for dexterity also give strain at brain and muscle too) ...

my family have big Restaurant and even force me to enter cooking competition (yeah food craze family, and that's why I can predict some cooking in this manga too) ...

I tried to win at cooking competition, but still get ranked 7th / 10 from 10 ...

(I'm not skilled, but what I'm say about serious competition exhaust stamina, and how chef need to be strong and have good dexterity is REAL) ... any other reader who able to cook or work as chef or already enter competition can vouch my words ...

Sounds stupid, why would you be more physically echausted by what the other opponent is cooking? Maybe because you exert yourself more to cook up something better, but that I still don't think that makes much sense.

finally lose ... and seriously ...

bunch of user (including me) already predict this even in early of their match) ...

no need to wait 2 months for the answer ...

So doesn't this hold up the idea that whomever presents their dish or has it tasted first looses? Please correct me if I'm mistaken and i forgot a chapter when someone went first and won.

We've actually had a few examples.  I can't remember off the top of my head, but there certainly have been predictions based on "going first loses" that I remember that have been proven wrong.

Edit:  Right, going back to that tournament arc, I found Megumi vs Ryou as an example.  Not to mention the finals, Souma presented last there and lost.

Well, everyone called that clean sweep by the upper Elite Ten seats from 10 miles away.

Of course, you can't let the rebels win consecutively or it will be anticlimactic.

Reasons?

Kuga losing = Backstory flag, hype first seat

Megishima losing = Already won once, hype second seat

Mimasaka losing = Jobber, copycat just won't win (ouch)

did the author just half-assed that chapter? lol

My bet; complete shutout in favor of the seats… sadly.

* MC didn't strip completely, so that's one loss.
* Kuga raised his own defeat flag with his backstory.
* Megishima already won one, so keeping him in the race wouldn't be that interesting. Last one for Rindou.

Hate being right in this case. :(

So doesn't this hold up the idea that whomever presents their dish or has it tasted first looses? Please correct me if I'm mistaken and i forgot a chapter when someone went first and won.

Yeah, pretty much. No manga (or NOVEL whatsoever) has ever been successful putting the climax at the beginning, unless it's a film tactic like a retelling of the past to the present after showing the present before the past is introduced.

"When 1 orgasm is not enough.... "

Tsukkasan, 2017

We knew the three 'L's were coming for the Rebels. But I wish the author did a better job of pacing in this chapter. Having all the dishes come out at the same time to move things along quickly was a risk that could have paid off if we spent an equal amount of time on the judging of both sides then we could see why the rebels were crushed. It can be fixed next chapter though with a bit of flashback, reflection, and rallying of the troops for a comeback.

Seriously...???

Spoiler

All that hyping up in the preceding chapters, and they lose without so much as explanation on why.

I'm not mad; I'm just disappointed.

Expected jobbing was mostly expected. And hoped against.

Well that was lazy "they just won"..

Am i the only one who noticed that one chef is on the wrong side?

well, if u predict the winner would be the left side ones, i predict the winners are the smiling ones (mimasaka, rindou, tsukasa)

What do you mean? Isn't it boys on the left, girls on the right?

Top of page 6, was that a reference to KISS?

I think the students on the left side will be the winners. I don't think Rindou would care that much if she loses

My bet on 1 win, 1 lose & 1 draw

My bet; complete shutout in favor of the seats… sadly.

* MC didn't strip completely, so that's one loss.

* Kuga raised his own defeat flag with his backstory.

* Megishima already won one, so keeping him in the race wouldn't be that interesting. Last one for Rindou.

A ... Sherbet ? Is that bit a quennelle ? Is that really the best of totsuki's random student ? Kappa

half asleep me uploading and I was getting late. I removed it immediately haha.

You shouldn't have responded

Let everyone think I'm crazy

My bet on 1 win, 1 lose & 1 draw

The moment they gather (to play volleyball)

half asleep me uploading and I was getting late. I removed it immediately haha.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics