Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 709votes)

Magi

Alt Names: alt マギalt 마기alt Magi: The Labyrinth of Magicalt ماگی: پیچال جادو
Author: Ohtaka Shinobu
Artist: Ohtaka Shinobu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyMystery MysteryShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Deep within the deserts lie the mysterious Dungeons, vast stores of riches open for the taking by anyone lucky enough to find them and brave enough to venture into the depths from where few have ever returned. Plucky young adventurer Aladdin means to find the Dungeons and their riches, but Aladdin may be just as mysterious as the treasures he seeks. Together with the Djinn Ugo and his friend, Alibaba, Aladdin sets out to find his fortune in the depths of the endless dunes…

Won the 59th Shogakukan Manga Award in the Shounen category.

Spin-Off:
> Magi - Sinbad no Bouken (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/adventure-of-sinbad-r8536)
Go to Magi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic End of Magi? :'( New Window Eldaeb
  • 0 Replies
Topic Is it just me or Magi reminds me of the Bible or maybe the Quran and Jews New Window GreatNinja
  • 30 Replies
Topic Who's your favourite Magi character? New Window Portgas D. Itachi
  • 14 Replies
Topic How do you think Magi will end? New Window PancakePower
  • 9 Replies
Topic And you just created the country that manufactures everything New Window lygarx
  • 3 Replies
Topic Anyone got the feeling that Sinbad will be a future villain? New Window dred05
  • 12 Replies

6243 Comments

You would think the Djinn would be smarter, and think for themselves, but maybe they put 100% faith in their masters so they follow them no matter what...

still...[/spoiler]

When Sinbad rewrote the Rukh he rewrote the djinn's rukh as well. I see it as Every djinn was rewritten but since they obey their king's vessels Alibaba and Haku can control theirs.

As a person that's only watched the anime years ago, can someone please tell me what the hell is happening? Why is Sinbad a god now? How did he become a god? Where is Aladdin? Why does everybody in the world want to die willingly? Are they all mind controlled and if so, how did it happen?

Basically summarizing:

The reason why Sinbad was so strong and could hear the Rukh is because David spoke to him. David was Solomon's father and basically the evil guy who corrupted the magicians back in the reality where Aladdin was born, and where djinns come from. Sinbad is a god now cause David helped reach the sacred palace (the place where you gather the metal vessels and become God)

Alladin has full control of Solomon's knowledge so he is quite powerful and right now its searching for Elder David true form in another reality.

People want to die because everything in this world is a constant flow of Rukh, so Sinbad since he is on the sacred palace can re-write rukh, to basically "you want to die" because he convinced himself that the only way to save this reality and others is to erase them all and re-create it as a pyramid system, putting him on Top and assuring "peace" for everyone.

As a person that's only watched the anime years ago, can someone please tell me what the hell is happening? Why is Sinbad a god now? How did he become a god? Where is Aladdin? Why does everybody in the world want to die willingly? Are they all mind controlled and if so, how did it happen?

Mm... Perhaps Sinbad will find a way to undo the brainwashing he himself created so that the people of the world go back to their senses. I'd prefer that to a "Alibaba powers up to eleven and beats everyone because he's that great".

For me, the best Alibaba has always been the merchant and diplomat in him. Warriors? Those are a dime a dozen in shonen. A hero that can broker peace treaties and save a country from economic ruin without hitting anyone? That's something you don't see every day.

Boo hoo everyone complaining and not even reading the story any more but anyway holy fuck alibaba is so king that even gilgamesh bows down at his kingliness

I am about to read the next 3 chapters, but figured I would post an interesting thought here.

The 4th to last chapter talks about

Spoiler

Honestly, it feels like Bleach in how it was planned out and executed well at the outset. Then it becomes hyper-extended due executive meddling, leading to a dip in popularity which necessitates a rushed end. A truly vicious cycle.

I liked magi, It was fun and had a lot of potential at first to go strong, but then it became a clusterfuck. A shame.

Sad but I can see the entire lore of it fitting nicely had Shinobu not tried to rush it so much, but oh well. Shit happens.

Here is hoping she makes a new series and it doesn't suck.

The question is.... is there even a reason to have a Sequel?  Magi itself is ending very poorly, so why would

a sequel be better?

I really don't know. That said, it's obvious this ending is rushed, so I'm not sure the author had the time to end things properly or what. I'm reminded of Negima, who had a very rushed ending (even more than this one) and left so many loose ends that it needed a whole sequel with 140+ chapters to start tying them.

In fact, given the new data about many more alternative worlds and gods at different levels of the universe, there will definitely be loose endings unless the epilogue is huge.

What I'm wondering is where is Titus and Yonan?}

you would think Titus could help control Reim, and Alibaba could persuade Baldabadd. 

Definitely the most important question of all XD

I wouldn't hold my breath. With almost all the world brainwashed, including Kougyoku, and Aladdin having to face David and bring peace back to the multiverse, I don't think the author will have time for romance. All signs point to the ending being Alibaba's and Morgiana's wedding, and that will be all, I guess (unless the rumours about a sequel are true).

The question is.... is there even a reason to have a Sequel?  Magi itself is ending very poorly, so why would

a sequel be better?

How to solves this?

Talk no Jutsu, works every time.

Doesnt work on David though.

whatever happened to ALADDIN and KOUGYOKU ?

they had that one moment in chapter 315 and It never got brought up again to my knowledge. 

Definitely the most important question of all XD

I wouldn't hold my breath. With almost all the world brainwashed, including Kougyoku, and Aladdin having to face David and bring peace back to the multiverse, I don't think the author will have time for romance. All signs point to the ending being Alibaba's and Morgiana's wedding, and that will be all, I guess (unless the rumours about a sequel are true).

How to solves this?

Talk no Jutsu, works every time.

they had that one moment in chapter 315 and It never got brought up again to my knowledge. 

well...

Spoiler

and that's it.

Note:  Still haven't finished yet.

MAN....  This manga is getting lame city.

The potential of this manga was astronomical.... What happened.... It's like Toriko all over again.

BTW.... Where is Solomon?  Everyone else is causing trouble, and Solomon is no where to be found.

Quite a few manga start out strong and drown at the sandbar on the return trip.

Yeah, it's fucking sad.  It's as if there are good ideas created by Mangaka, and then there are no endings to satisfy the ideas, or the mangaka got bored, etc.

What a lame ending

>it's a shonen

welp, I don't know what I was expecting.

does japan have a problem with proper endings? most shonen endings are just lame open endings with no resolution in the end whatsoever like fairy tail, sket dance, and much more, what the fuck it's the problem with mangaka?

There are many manga that get axe'd and have to end poorly, or just mangaka wanting to enhd.  This manga seems to be the latter, in that the mangaka seems to just want to finish Magi, with a poor attempt at a story to finish it.

There are many manga that have great endings though.

I believe both Fairy tail and Sket Dance were under scrutiny and I think Sket was forced to end (anime at least), didn't read the manga portion.  

I didn't know Fairy Tail ended though... Been a while since  I last read FT mainly due to this site not hosting it.

That's because storytelling in Japan is different from the rest of the West. There is no sense of "closure" as we would have it, a happy ending or a bad ending. It's usually an open ending or a lesson to learn. =/

This makes sense, but there are some manga with "closure."

The problem with "Any story" is "is there really an end?"

Any story can be made to have an ending, but that doesn't mean it "could end."  This is Western and Eastern shows.

such a lame ending

for me during magic academy arc, especially when against the headmaster the story already become so boring

and i stop reading after that arc and read the last chapter just to know what kind of ending they will deliver

the only interesting part in that arc is when morgiana show up

does japan have a problem with proper endings? most shonen endings are just lame open endings with no resolution in the end whatsoever like fairy tail, sket dance, and much more, what the fuck it's the problem with mangaka?

That's because storytelling in Japan is different from the rest of the West. There is no sense of "closure" as we would have it, a happy ending or a bad ending. It's usually an open ending or a lesson to learn. =/

That's because it's extremely hard to write a satisfactory ending, while it's easy as fuck to write an infuriating one.

A example of a good ending would be Jitsu was Watashi wa. It doesn't feel rushed at all, and hell, it hasn't even ended yet, but I dare say that the author has done such a good job so far, that there's no fucking way that they can possibly fuck up the rest.

The ending in JwWw is that it was never really out right said "this is the end", but has slowly been building to this climax since the start of the series. One of the reasons for this is that the ending of the manga follows one of the goals that was set at the start, and one which is naturally progressed with the passing of time, the goal being "Let's keep it a secret until I graduate". For this sole reason, the tension from the fact that the main cast are now third years who are about to graduate is already believable and consistent with the story so far.

Now if we look at Magi...
Well. Yeah, the shit ended thematically alright, but plot wise it was a massive mess of which I would dare say is characteristic of Magi to have.

That's easy. It's so they can milk that cash cow. And keep in mind that the editors and publishers have huge sway as well.

Naruto, Rurouni Kenshin, even some really old ones like Violinist of Hameln. 

Though there are some good endings, it gets especially egregious when the axe falls and is a rushed mess. 

I like magi, but the manga became boring at some point, this whole gods and destiny stuff just ruined magi for me, it's not awful manga,it's just not as enjoyable as it was at the begining.

Kind of a lack luster ending but thank you sense scans for completing the series!

What a lame ending

>it's a shonen

welp, I don't know what I was expecting.

A big thank you to everyone who has been discussing the whens and chapter count of the ending, but not revealing any spoilers.

Can't believe Magi is actually ending....

So many good manga have been ending lately :(,

Sadly the manga feels rushed for quite some time now.

It's a shame how so many manga start out strong, only to end pretty shitty.

Quite a few manga start out strong and drown at the sandbar on the return trip.

A big thank you to everyone who has been discussing the whens and chapter count of the ending, but not revealing any spoilers.

Can't believe Magi is actually ending....

So many good manga have been ending lately :(,

It's extremely unsettling to see all those people happily going to their deaths. No, not just death; complete erasure from the face of the universe.

Thank you both for the info. I don't know what fo feel about it. I fear a rushed ending and the lack of a proper epilogue to tie the loose ends. Of course, a sequel could make up for that, but the possibility of a sequel is not set in stone. The ending of this series is.

Sadly the manga feels rushed for quite some time now.

It's a shame how so many manga start out strong, only to end pretty shitty.

Kind of a lack luster ending but thank you sense scans for completing the series!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics