Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 709votes)

Magi

Alt Names: alt マギalt 마기alt Magi: The Labyrinth of Magicalt ماگی: پیچال جادو
Author: Ohtaka Shinobu
Artist: Ohtaka Shinobu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyMystery MysteryShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Deep within the deserts lie the mysterious Dungeons, vast stores of riches open for the taking by anyone lucky enough to find them and brave enough to venture into the depths from where few have ever returned. Plucky young adventurer Aladdin means to find the Dungeons and their riches, but Aladdin may be just as mysterious as the treasures he seeks. Together with the Djinn Ugo and his friend, Alibaba, Aladdin sets out to find his fortune in the depths of the endless dunes…

Won the 59th Shogakukan Manga Award in the Shounen category.

Spin-Off:
> Magi - Sinbad no Bouken (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/adventure-of-sinbad-r8536)
Go to Magi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic End of Magi? :'( New Window Eldaeb
  • 0 Replies
Topic Is it just me or Magi reminds me of the Bible or maybe the Quran and Jews New Window GreatNinja
  • 30 Replies
Topic Who's your favourite Magi character? New Window Portgas D. Itachi
  • 14 Replies
Topic How do you think Magi will end? New Window PancakePower
  • 9 Replies
Topic And you just created the country that manufactures everything New Window lygarx
  • 3 Replies
Topic Anyone got the feeling that Sinbad will be a future villain? New Window dred05
  • 12 Replies

6243 Comments

Well there goes another fun long running manga.  TY Shinobu for making this and sense scans for all their hard work.  Was more a fan of the story earlier on, but still enjoyed it all the way.  Happy for Mor and Alibaba.  Perhaps we will see more in the sinbad spinoff or omake later on.   Unconfirmed rumor is Shinobu sensei is pregnant and rushed a bit to finish the story.

Huh.

Well, everything turned out alright, but it seems sort of...anti-climactic? It feels like there was a lot more to tell, but she rushed the ending.

I don't care Alibaba got a happy ending to marry Mor ... (I also feel it was kind of anti-climatic, but he did it!! T_T so happy for him)

When not clear It downright contradicted itself. I still remember when the guys at some point were all in about the idea of destroying the magi system except... whoops surprise! They can't! It's a bad! And then It turns out... Is not a bad! Amazing storytelling, I tell ya.

That's one of the major points of the series. What is defined as 'good' and 'evil' is completely subjective. Did you not get that?

Things that could only have been seen as crazy and evil at one point in time being seen as sane from another's. Opinions that clash and argue with their own just cause until one side overtakes the other. Nothing is so clean cut. That's why the story jumped around through multiple characters perspectives all the time.

I think Magi is one of the best series to explore this concept, though its not the only one.

Huh.

Well, everything turned out alright, but it seems sort of...anti-climactic? It feels like there was a lot more to tell, but she rushed the ending.

Maybe there will be an omake chapter of sorts after the ending, there have been other series that wrap it up like that. I could see it being about Sinbad coming back years later when everyone has children, and him being able to see that they didn't have to rely on him after all.

It'd also give us conclusion to the Aladdin romance because boy was he shafted (maybe Fish? I could see it being Hakuei Ren as well oddly enough). I'm also curious to who Hakuryuu would've wound up with as well.

Fuckin hell even Drakon didn't have a shot of his wife going nuts over her husband going from Dragon to Hunk.

Huh.

Stupid storytelling. There are not a suprise, only ruining the final confrotation.

I was being sarcastic buddy.

'sides, his Djinn is Phenix, not like he won't have such cheap way to resurrect. XD

Kouen was a king vessel before, no? Problem solved! o/

Where have I heard this before..

Spoiler

Lmao I bet Shinobu forgot about them.

So-So to me. I have seen better. If anything, I personally would say It looks greatly deformed due to the weekly deadlines. Is not Terrible, just definitely not my cup of tea.

When not clear It downright contradicted itself. I still remember when the guys at some point were all in about the idea of destroying the magi system except... whoops surprise! They can't! It's a bad! And then It turns out... Is not a bad! Amazing storytelling, I tell ya.

Stupid storytelling. There are not a suprise, only ruining the final confrotation.
I really love this manga and am way more invested in this final arc than most culminating final arc things yo
I honestly thing this manga is great. Difficult to understand sometimes but definitively great. And reading the last arc in one go makes the constant "twists" more natural and part of a flow.
Wait that means aladdin's ship will sink.

Edit: wait this has religious themes so only 12 of them will die kind of. Hopefully and it has to be dudes

Well that's one way to win the king candidacy.

363...  Almost at the end.

They were never in love, shippers delusions don't matter.

Lmao I bet Shinobu forgot about them.

The art is amazing though. Also I really like the artstyle itself!

So-So to me. I have seen better. If anything, I personally would say It looks greatly deformed due to the weekly deadlines. Is not Terrible, just definitely not my cup of tea.

Too bad. The story fucked up. Destiny this, destiny that. Nothing clear in this manga.

Too bad. The story fucked up.

Destiny this, destiny that. Nothing clear in this manga.
So sinbad's plan is to make a pocket dimention,seperated from all other dimentions, where no other outside being can control their actions besides the sacred palace or something similar? That's why david split cause parts of him is in another dimention. Guess we will not get to trade with aliens.

As a person that's only watched the anime years ago, can someone please tell me what the hell is happening? Why is Sinbad a god now? How did he become a god? Where is Aladdin? Why does everybody in the world want to die willingly? Are they all mind controlled and if so, how did it happen?

i suggest reading the rest of the manga to find out.

Really? I can hardly tell what's going on because of all the thick black lines combined with big black blobs of.... stuff

I liked magi, It was fun and had a lot of potential at first to go strong, but then it became a clusterfuck. A shame.

Sad but I can see the entire lore of it fitting nicely had Shinobu not tried to rush it so much, but oh well. Shit happens.

Here is hoping she makes a new series and it doesn't suck.

Well. Toriko all over again

That's because storytelling in Japan is different from the rest of the West. There is no sense of "closure" as we would have it, a happy ending or a bad ending. It's usually an open ending or a lesson to learn. =/

and the lesson we learn is that asspull ex machina always wins.

whatever happened to ALADDIN and KOUGYOKU ?

they had that one moment in chapter 315 and It never got brought up again to my knowledge. 

They were never in love, shippers delusions don't matter.

When Sinbad rewrote the Rukh he rewrote the djinn's rukh as well. I see it as Every djinn was rewritten but since they obey their king's vessels Alibaba and Haku can control theirs.

Basically summarizing:

The reason why Sinbad was so strong and could hear the Rukh is because David spoke to him. David was Solomon's father and basically the evil guy who corrupted the magicians back in the reality where Aladdin was born, and where djinns come from. Sinbad is a god now cause David helped reach the sacred palace (the place where you gather the metal vessels and become God)

Alladin has full control of Solomon's knowledge so he is quite powerful and right now its searching for Elder David true form in another reality.

People want to die because everything in this world is a constant flow of Rukh, so Sinbad since he is on the sacred palace can re-write rukh, to basically "you want to die" because he convinced himself that the only way to save this reality and others is to erase them all and re-create it as a pyramid system, putting him on Top and assuring "peace" for everyone.

So in otherwords, Sinbad is a Dick with a god complex(literally now) and the reason everything is screwed up? Pretty much what I got from watching the anime.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics