Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.58 - 26votes)

Citrus

Alt Names: alt シトラスalt 柑橘系青春
Author: Ayuko
Artist: Ayuko
Genres: Romance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Young girls experiencing frustrations and growth, a story of youth.

Raised in the small town of Kinoto, Shiho is a 3rd year in Middle School. She loves playing piano and dreams of opening a piano school in town in the future. An attractive student from Tokyo, Nanami, transfers into Shiho's class. Through meeting Nanami, Shiho's world starts to change.
Go to Citrus Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Your opinion about this manga. New Window CharlieAL
  • 3 Replies

50 Comments

So... Josei?
yay~ Another manga by Ayuko-sensei! *follows*

hmm..isn't this too early for a ShoujoAi tag now? unless someone else read beyond these 2 chapters...

but anyway... i thought that Nanami wasn't being too harsh on Shiho. She was pretty show-off-ish... >_>
Plus, she probably got annoyed at her over-enthusiasm of introducing the club, especially. Ain't wrong to give her things to re-think about her dream anyway >_>
"Ta-chaaan~" *hug*

ehehehe
I'm totally a Ta-chan fan * v *
What is it with me and the darker-haired guys!?
Can everyone please let go the yuri argument :)

Anyway. I am lovin' Takashi. He's very sweet in his own way and supportive of Shiho~
Regardless of that...arguement?, I don't feel any yuri vibes in this at all. I honestly don't see anything here that could be taken as yuri. (I like it this way, as I'm not into yuri/yaoi as well)
@atgc
I figured it was a joke, or at least partially.
But there are people who don't like to joke about certain touchy subjects or those who take things pretty seriously. And yeah, they can get pretty defensive about it, as well. I guess, you might want to emphasize the fact that you are saying something lightheartedly to avoid situations like this.
But whatever, this is the internet, amirite? = =

Happy reading, everyone~
omg, I was joking, joking! I don't even read yu... ok, maybe a little bit.
Thought the all-caps would've given it away, but I forgot that I was on the internet. Well, I also frequent places where constant bashing is a form of affection. Guess it rubbed off on me.

...still, I think this level should be fine for everyone.

Oh, and one more important thing, Cydric. Make sure your grammar is spotless when arguing on the internet ;)
I imagine I'll enjoy about half of this manga. I'm just not interested in Shiho at all. She's nothing more than your typical shoujo "good girl" wallflower. Nanami on the other hand is at least a little atypical. I can't tell if she's cruel or if she's just brutally honest. Either way, her character intrigues me.
thanks for the new chapter AQUA Scans!!
Looks really good so far, thanks a lot AQUA scans!!
@supug
Consider how Nanami is feeling. She probably didn't want to come to the country-side but has to under circumstances. As it is she has had to leave all her friends and familiar surroundings to a rural location.
Then Shiho tries to show off her piano that everyone has been praising her about. You can only learn so much piano in 2 years and it is even more limited as you get older because then your finger muscles aren't there.
True Shiho is only trying to be nice but Nanami probably felt even more depressed about coming to the countryside when a person of Shiho's level is considered "good" at piano.
And Nanami isn't exactly going out of her way to be mean to Shiho, she is just rebuffing Shiho's approaches which are making Nanami feel bad.

At least that's the way I'm reading the situation. Totally my own opinion :P
Disregarding the genre... be it yuri/shoujo ai or not... damn, Nanami. Bitch be trampling over people's dreams. Shiho was being nice. Why you gotta displace your anger onto her? Rather uncalled for.

However, the manga looks like it'll be really interesting! I just hope Nanami changes, I can't stand people who are rude off the bat, just like that. Sheesh.
I'm not a fan of yuri/yaoi, myself. Doesn't mean there's any hate involved. I just don't feel comfortable reading manga in that genre.
By the way, thanks for the fast release!

Definitely a shoujo atmosphere. With nice drawings (or at least more "polyvalent" than all those bishie-centered shoujos) and a theme some may be able to relate to. Dat feeling when a 4 years old crushes you completely in a domain. I know it.

AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH YURI
YOU HOMOPHOBE

... humm, page 6 actually reminded me a hentai manga.

Dude I'm just not into Yaoi or Yuri or Shoujo-Ai or Shounen- Ai it's just not the kind of genre for me. I find it weird that a straight man like myself who is into those kind of genre. The genre makes me uncomfortable and it's just a preference. You can't force your preference unto others that's just not right.

Also my best friend is gay so I think I'm pretty far away from homophobe as possible.
I think your the ignorant one calling people names without even getting the clear perspective.
@Mephyre and @atgc

This was the first time I see someone referring to Yuri as if it's a bad thing, but I don't get it, why would that be?

Definitely a shoujo atmosphere. With nice drawings (or at least more "polyvalent" than all those bishie-centered shoujos) and a theme some may be able to relate to. Dat feeling when a 4 years old crushes you completely in a domain. I know it.

YOU HOMOPHOBE

*sigh*...

There are people who just aren't into that genre. I know I'm not.

And just because I'm not into it, doesn't make me a homophobe.

I honestly hate it when yuri (or yaoi) fans call people who ain't into that "Homophobe".
This was the first time I see someone referring to Yuri as if it's a bad thing, but I don't get it, why would that be?

YOU HOMOPHOBE

Nope. It's not yuri. Fear not.
my bad, i forgot how to block spoilers!
<spoiler>I think it was more like admiration to nanami's piano skills, but the yuri feeling fade quickly for me.</spoiler>
Indeed very promising manga.
@Cydric: I mentioned yuri because there is a little bit of a vibe, but if i were to make a bet my money would be on the blonde guy and the MC hooking up as they had a nice moment when he cheered her up.
@Cydric: As of the first chapter, it feels like the heroines' relationship will be the focus of the story, but it won't be a romantic one. At the very least, I don't see why the author would introduce a male romantic interest for Shiho if she was gonna go that way.
Also, none of the author's other works are yuri.
I'm afraid to read this since I suspect it to be Yuri...so I'm gonna wait til I see more comments
Off to a decent start and i foresee drama, romance(possible yuri) and perhaps even tragedy in this mangas future.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics