Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 129votes)

Yesterday wo Utatte

Alt Names: alt イエスタデイをうたってalt Bana Dünü Söylealt Sing "Yesterday" for Mealt Sing Yesterday for Mealt Sing Yesterday!alt Yesterday o Utattealt 昨日之歌
Author: Toume Kei
Artist: Toume Kei
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After college, Rikuo Uozumi, a boy without much ambition in life, takes on a job at a convenience store. The days pass by uneventfully for Rikuo until he meets his former love interest and classmate, but especially thanks to the unusual Haru Nonaka, and her pet crow…
Go to Yesterday wo Utatte Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cliche I know, but who are you rooting for? New Window Purple Library Guy
  • 64 Replies

466 Comments

Don't think I've ever read a couple with less chemistry in a manga before. It's genuinely painful watching their interactions.

I'm thinking that is on purpose

Don't think I've ever read a couple with less chemistry in a manga before. It's genuinely painful watching their interactions.

I couldn't agree more. And even beyond that she is just so... meh about the entire relationship.

I hope so strongly that she dumps him and latches onto the little brother... or even better; yet dumps MC and the little brother rejects her and goes overseas. But sadly, that ending won't happen.

A bit too busy in real life these days, haven't started chapter 107 yet. Will have to wait one week or so to begin on it, too.

I don't even know how I feel about this series anymore.
I'm probably just reading it out of a sense of obligation for the years spent reading it.
Just have to see it to the end.

like a watered down novela. 

Look at raw and time to say bye-bye for this manga.

It's bad taste for Vanilla lover like me.

There seems to be a side of her that wishes he would take charge and sweep her objections and ambivalences aside (although on the other hand if he was that kind of guy she probably wouldn't be dating him).  And to be fair she has signalled that a couple of times, one time pretty overtly.  And he himself has sort of wondered why he didn't take her up on it.  Those of us (I think the majority) who are rooting for Haru hope it's because deep down he's already into Haru and so something in him just didn't want to go into this relationship all the way.  But whatever the reason, he has been a bit half-hearted in how he approaches the relationship.  So I dunno, she's not entirely wrong.

he hasnt been half as half-hearted as the girl herself, like even in the latest chapter it took her so long to just ask to come along with him, like really

I'm pretty much wishing every single one of them end up alone, old and decrepit. Then they can get together and form an old folks emo band and sing/whine songs about Japan's declining birth rate in the final chapter.

Wait, is she actually trying to half blame him for their present relationship situation? She's pretty consistently been the one holding back and if he pushes too hard she gets upset. Does she actually want to be upset all the time?

There seems to be a side of her that wishes he would take charge and sweep her objections and ambivalences aside (although on the other hand if he was that kind of guy she probably wouldn't be dating him).  And to be fair she has signalled that a couple of times, one time pretty overtly.  And he himself has sort of wondered why he didn't take her up on it.  Those of us (I think the majority) who are rooting for Haru hope it's because deep down he's already into Haru and so something in him just didn't want to go into this relationship all the way.  But whatever the reason, he has been a bit half-hearted in how he approaches the relationship.  So I dunno, she's not entirely wrong.

Wait, is she actually trying to half blame him for their present relationship situation? She's pretty consistently been the one holding back and if he pushes too hard she gets upset. Does she actually want to be upset all the time?

Well... People get locked into patterns that don't allow a satisfying conclusion. There's even a paradoxical sense of fulfillment, I'd say, in deciding that you're a pile of shit and are never going to be happy. Sometimes others get dragged into this and trapped as well, like the MC. It's either "that person wants to make me happy, but I don't deserve it" or "that person isn't trying to make me happy, so I'm unhappy". It's not necessarily a jab at the other person, it's just self-deprecation.

This happens IRL. That, I think, is a major point in this manga. What makes it sad is how relatable it is (the contrapositive is that, if you don't find the situation relatable, then you probably don't find the manga sad).

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.

It's not like I think she's a bad person or anything. She just seems to be stuck in the past in some type of mother mode.

Here's hoping for a satisfying ending.

i dont feel like she ever loved the MC as much as he loves her, it kinda hurts to see her with him, and she's kinda starting to blame him for not being aggresive lol

they aint meant for each other imo

We are at the home stretch then fellas, just 6 chapters to go, I hope its a satisfying ending atleast lol, i rather MC ends up alone then with that annoying girl Shinako

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.

It's not like I think she's a bad person or anything. She just seems to be stuck in the past in some type of mother mode.

Here's hoping for a satisfying ending.

Thanks, old bean!

Well, I have had no news from VI, so I assume no translator wannabes pulled through. Chapter 106 is already translated and proofed, so I guess I'll begin 107…

We are at the home stretch then fellas, just 6 chapters to go, I hope its a satisfying ending atleast lol, i rather MC ends up alone then with that annoying girl Shinako

Which chapter does this finish at anyway?

sorry if its been answered bfr

113 chapters according to MAL

I believe Vol. 11 is the last volume, and there's around 10 chapters per volume, so maybe 6 chapters or so left?

Well, I hope the VI people take it over, just because I feel bad having a guy do the translating who doesn't like the manga.  I'm sure you'd be happier dealing with stuff that's more to your taste.  But I gotta say, it feels pretty solid--I respect that even if it's not your cup of tea you haven't been blowing it off.

To be honest, there's a masochist streak in me. I am known for translating, out of pure spite, series I've grown to hate, like Mori Kouji's works.

But I don't hate this. It's… well, bland and unappealing to my taste. I seldom read slice-of-life, exceptions being Father and child grass (I have a soft spot for father and child stories, though they are something I consume in moderation) and Space Brothers.

So don't worry. Though I'd be rather doing something else, this doesn't make me suffer. You know I'm pissed off by what I am translating when I begin writing derisive notes in the margins :D

And thanks for the compliment, undeserved though it is. I don't see a point in agreeing to do something if you aren't going to do it as well as you can.

Just an update: I translated the next chapter (105), but Village Idiot has had applicants for translating this. If one of them pulls through, I'll end my stop-gap work and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy a quick sprint to completion instead of this crawling progress. So fingers crossed!

Otherwise, well, I'll keep doing it.

Well, I hope the VI people take it over, just because I feel bad having a guy do the translating who doesn't like the manga.  I'm sure you'd be happier dealing with stuff that's more to your taste.  But I gotta say, it feels pretty solid--I respect that even if it's not your cup of tea you haven't been blowing it off.

Just an update: I translated the next chapter (105), but Village Idiot has had applicants for translating this. If one of them pulls through, I'll end my stop-gap work and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy a quick sprint to completion instead of this crawling progress. So fingers crossed!

ty for your  work kendama

I've left this for two years and they're still having relationship issues?! RAHHHHHHHHH!!

Ah well, I wonder who it was Haru was returning that card... :o

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics