Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 35votes)

Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: Kazuya-Hen

Alt Names: alt 賭博堕天録カイジ 和也編alt Gambling Heathen Kaiji: The Kazuya Arcalt Kaiji Part 4alt Kaiji: Kazuya-henalt Kazuya-Henalt Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: Kazuyahenalt Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: The Kazuya Arc
Author: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
Artist: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A direct sequel to Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji, picking up immediately after Part 3 ends. After his tremendous victory in 2-Player Mahjong against the villainous President, Muraoka Takashi, Kaiji is being driven home by Kazuya, the son of Chairman Hyoudou. However, in the car, Kazuya asks Kaiji if he would be interested in one more gamble that night, and Kaiji accepts. What surprises lie in store for our dear Kaiji, and what will the gamble be?!

***Please Note***
The Kaiji series as of now is divided into 5 parts, and this is the 4th of those parts. The series follows this order:

Part 1: Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji (Has an Anime Adaptation, but Manga is not fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-mokushiroku-kaiji-r1874

Part 2: Tobaku Hakairoku Kaiji (Has an Anime Adaptation, and Manga is fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-hakairoku-kaiji-r5071

Part 3: Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji (Not yet animated, Manga is fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-r923

Part 4: Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji - Kazuya-hen (Not yet animated, Manga is fully translated)

Part 5: Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: One Poker Hen (Not yet animated, Manga is being translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-one-poker-hen-r14151
Go to Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: Kazuya-Hen Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The purpose of this arc. New Window Jkguitarist
  • 1 Replies

131 Comments

Once just ONCE I wish Kaiji would call busllshit versus all the screaming.... something like (in a calm voice) "Bullshit Kazuya... u knew you were gonna lose so you cheated. I understand that you have a twisted sick view of the world and the people who live in it but lets just call a spade a spade here. You cheated... And whether you want to admit it or not, I know it and you know it."

I think he will, at some point, once it becomes more clear that he cheated. I mean, he always call bullshit on cheating and similar stuff... it just happens when his life is actually on the line.

Yeah, that may be the main difference of why he's no catching up on stuff as easily... at the moment, he's just watching, while until now he's always been risking his life or freedom (the moments where he's actually pretty smart).

I'm personally only wondering WHAT is the gamble that Kazuya called him for.

Once just ONCE I wish Kaiji would call busllshit versus all the screaming.... something like (in a calm voice) "Bullshit Kazuya... u knew you were gonna lose so you cheated. I understand that you have a twisted sick view of the world and the people who live in it but lets just call a spade a spade here. You cheated... And whether you want to admit it or not, I know it and you know it."

Looks like you were right about how things developed. Judging "human nature" on a forced misunderstanding is just stupid on so many levels.

Agreed. If his point is about Human Nature and greed, then by adding negative stimulations he is attempting to push the nature of the contestants in one direction (To betray each other).  However I do except the notion that the contestants could choose to ignore the misunderstanding and continue to act as a group.  However I am giving significant weight to his (IMHO) unfair creation of a mechanical error.  Now had that malfunction actually been real and not purposefully invented... I may have a different opinion 

He may not be able to prove that, but he seems to be deviating to another point: that there's no real trust between humans. I believe his plan is to let him release his belt on the last few seconds, but considering the time lag and his reaction, the player's teammates will obviously start to doubt him, believing he was considering the possibility of taking the money for himself despite their friendship, thus destroying their trust.

...but I agree, he has a lot less credibility now.

Looks like you were right about how things developed. Judging "human nature" on a forced misunderstanding is just stupid on so many levels.

Kazuya instantly lost any sort of credibility he originally had. By cheating in such a stupid fashion, there's no way his point of "everyone is selfish" will be accepted by anyone.

He may not be able to prove that, but he seems to be deviating to another point: that there's no real trust between humans. I believe his plan is to let him release his belt on the last few seconds, but considering the time lag and his reaction, the player's teammates will obviously start to doubt him, believing he was considering the possibility of taking the money for himself despite their friendship, thus destroying their trust.

...but I agree, he has a lot less credibility now.

Kazuya instantly lost any sort of credibility he originally had. By cheating in such a stupid fashion, there's no way his point of "everyone is selfish" will be accepted by anyone.

I can't say I didn't see this coming but god. You're one hell of a dirty snake, Kazuya. What a sore loser.

I did not see that plot twist comming.  Although I am curious to see what will happen has the reward money increases.

was not hard to see what the game was about.

i do get the feeling one will betray for sure. 

Kazuya, you magnificent bastard, I had a feeling something like this was in store.

These chapters are great and all but.. It's only a real gamble when Kaiji's the contestant.

Fukumoto can do really good stuff besides mind games, reading the latest chapters reminded me about Kurosawa, because it's different to his usual stuff, still with his particular style tho. He's amazing.

Considering the art style of this manga.  That picture of Jesus was kind of epic looking.

Antonio was the one that killed him eh. Ooohh boy.

Yeah, after this batch of chapters it seems my suspicions are much more solid.

They are going to notice that "losing" the last round is the "best choice" for the savior.

What Kazuya means it that as soon as the Reward gets to 50 million, they can choose the not press the button and snag that 50 million for themselves if only they survive.

The game is actually easy if the players had a little strategy. The key is the first player. He should count slowly trying to make time. Then raise his hand and wait like 5sec. The second player can see if the first is or not the savior and the raised arm to press the botton. If the first is a savior nobody does anything, and when the 5sec pass the first presses the botton and goes; if not he raises his hand and waits 2sec. The Third player can see the other, and if he is the savior, as soon has the arms are being raised he presses his botton.

Again, the time it the problem, but this strategy is the best. It uses the raising hand has a motion to press the botton, so it's not really against the rules.

...Aaaaand we have a winner.Its not 100%the strategy used,but it is a very close approximation,bravo.Now,lets see if you or anyone can guess what kazuya means...the game is just begginning...

So, I suppose that at this point they will notice that the money is lost only if the last switch is pressed too fast but nowere in the rules is said that the money is lost if the hostages die.

So hypotetically the savior killing the hostages at the 15th round would grab 70.451.200 yen instead of one third of 100 millions (minus the debt, maybe).

And so they will start to lose trust in each other.

Either this or i can't really understand how Kazuya would prove his point.

They're just generic fallen angels. You know, to make the page look scarier.

Yeah, it's like how they use illustrations from the Divine Comedy (I think?) in Akagi.

My biggest question is who the winged silhouettes are on the newest table of contents.

They're just generic fallen angels. You know, to make the page look scarier.

My biggest question is who the winged silhouettes are on the newest table of contents.

I kind of have to admire how Kazuya can create a game where strategy is key and your allowed to create a strategy but you are not allowed to share your strategy with your team. This kind of game mechanic is something that I would expect from the devil.

The game is actually easy if the players had a little strategy. The key is the first player. He should count slowly trying to make time. Then raise his hand and wait like 5sec. The second player can see if the first is or not the savior and the raised arm to press the botton. If the first is a savior nobody does anything, and when the 5sec pass the first presses the botton and goes; if not he raises his hand and waits 2sec. The Third player can see the other, and if he is the savior, as soon has the arms are being raised he presses his botton.

Again, the time it the problem, but this strategy is the best. It uses the raising hand has a motion to press the botton, so it's not really against the rules.

• JeD likes this

One problem that I see with this game is that those three guys do not have watches. They have to calculate (count) the time in their head with loud music and the pressure of wondering if they are the savior. I can't see how this game proves whether humans are scum or complex.

probably towards the end, one of them might release the belt even if he is not the savor and those other 2 die. while he gets all the money

Damnit Kaiji, sit down and just watch. Nobody likes a spoilsport.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics