Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.98 - 109votes)

Shin Sekai Yori

Alt Names: alt From the New Worldalt Shinsekai Yorialt 新世界より
Author: Kishi Yuusuke
Artist: Oikawa Tooru
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasySci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy TragedyYuri Yuri
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story is set in Japan a millennium from now. Five children — the protagonist Saki, Satoru, Maria, Mamoru, and Shun — have been born and raised in a tranquil town that can be described as a utopia, overflowing with water and green foilage. The world is ruled by people who have the "cursed power" or the "gods' power" of telekinesis.

After a certain incident, Saki and the others come to realize the true nature of their world. Before long, they learn everything, including the bloody history that brought humanity to this state. The five throw themselves into life-threatening adventure and fighting to protect friends and a world on the brink of collapse.
Go to Shin Sekai Yori Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic I need help from readers who understand Shin Sekai Yori well. New Window nes370
  • 0 Replies
Topic (Fiends) Argh! I hate finding stupidly easily fixes to major plot points. New Window kishind
  • 4 Replies

136 Comments

This is borderline hentai. Watch the anime.

they don't have any problems showing yuri sex, but god forbid them of showing heterosexual (that part in the end of vol 6, finally a men for saki :/ )

This is borderline hentai. Watch the anime.

Having read a little of this, then watched the anime then tried to read a bit of the book, it's pretty crazy how... different this is, in both tone and in alot of other ways. The source material is infinitely superior and the anime adaptation is a 10/10 masterpiece in my opinion. This manga has it's own worth as a fanservice spinoff of sorts though I guess. I'm a little jarred, going back to read this and seeing the gigantic differences, though.

OMG that last chapter was so funny, it's just like 10 years ago, while the guys are off having a serious discussion, the two girls are having such hot, carefree yuri sex, I was laughing so hard...to be precise I was laughing...while I was hard...>_>

Volume 6 cover:

Spoiler

Shin Sekai Yori will end in Bessatsu Shonen Magazine's July issue in June 9. I believe that volume 7 is the last.

Edit (04/06): http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-06/from-the-new-world-manga-to-end-in-2-more-chapters

Humanity is at the brink of extinction? Fuck that. It's time for some yuri.

I know it's still bloody, but the psychological scare is gone now that we know about the cats and the adults).

I wish to know from anyone who's read the light novel, was it just the author trying to translate the story into manga, and the original story has a more defined and general genre?

I didn't read the light novel, but given that the manga and the anime only differ in a few details, I guess it isn't that different either.

As for the psychological scares, there are still a few more to come; not sure if the ending will be the same, but the final revelation on the origin of queerats (that so far only Squealer and the Librarians know of) will definitely be a part of it.

Wow... the manga has changed main genres like three times before chapter 20, although it seems to be stabilizing at adventure now.

I still don't know what to think... first it looked like an interesting mystery manga, then it added horror (which made it better), ditched the mystery and just went with horror/adventure, and now finally dropped the horror to get a little mystery back in (I know it's still bloody, but the psychological scare is gone now that we know about the cats and the adults).

I wish to know from anyone who's read the light novel, was it just the author trying to translate the story into manga, and the original story has a more defined and general genre?

This would have never had happened if Shun still alive. He's the weapon of mass destruction for those queerats.

YES MORE YURI!

I feel really sad that's it's actually Maria's child being used like that...</3 I wish they could just slaughter all the queerats and teach her properly...

Spoiler

YES MORE YURI!

I feel really sad that's it's actually Maria's child being used like that...</3 I wish they could just slaughter all the queerats and teach her properly...

Can't believe it but I'm rooting for the bad guys(?)...
I want Maria's kid to slaughter them all~ <3

never know when death will come so why not have lil yuri session

Art is good, depiction of the dark elements is well done, plot is nice, character development seems a bit off, yuri scenes are awesome. Welp, I will definitely read the LN if it should ever get translated.

The queerats feel quite heroic, not shying away from anything to overthrow rather overpowered humans.

And yh, gotta agree that teen Saki was superior.

eh, why do i feel so teary T_T so much death in this manga

baby being branded... poor baby...

hahaha every volume has to had some yuri in it, damn you, why not regular intercourse, I'm not against yuri, but regular is good too xD, and Saki transforms when she has to done jjajaja

*cursory glance at cover and tags* Followed.

4 updates on the same day? Thanks!

Display: none said:

"Man, I feel so done with this series. It’s just so much work. And nobody even likes it. I still need to finish it though. Hope it ends soon…"

I prefer the anime but I still like the manga! PLEASE DON'T DROP IT, display: none;! I believe that vol 6 is the last (maybe the vol 7 is the last...but it's likely the vol 6).

Please don't drop it >.< I may not read it that much and we don't have as much comments but I'm sure there are people who will read it after it's complete. One of the issues with manga released after an anime.

Thank you so much for your work!

This is pretty dumb. The characters are so inconsistant, just gratuitous Yuri scenes thrown in.

Display: none said:

"Man, I feel so done with this series. It’s just so much work. And nobody even likes it. I still need to finish it though. Hope it ends soon…"

I prefer the anime but I still like the manga! PLEASE DON'T DROP IT, display: none;! I believe that vol 6 is the last (maybe the vol 7 is the last...but it's likely the vol 6).

oh dear fucking lord. 

my once white underwear is now dark brown.

when did i miss out on this?

Love the omakes.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics