Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 378votes)

Ore Monogatari!!

Alt Names: alt 俺物語!!alt Benim Hikayem!!alt Mi historia!!alt My Love Story!!
Author: Kawahara Kazune
Artist: Aruko
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Takeo Gouda is a freshman in high school. (Both estimates) Weight: 120kg, Height: 2 meters. He spends his days peacefully with his super-popular-with-girls, yet insensitive childhood friend, Makoto Sunakawa. One morning, on the train to school, Takeo saves a girl, Rinko Yamato, from being molested by a pervert. Could this be the beginning of spring for Takeo?

From Viz Media:
Takeo Gouda is a giant guy with a giant heart. Too bad the girls don't want him! (They want his good-looking best friend, Sunakawa.) Used to being on the sidelines, Takeo simply stands tall and accepts his fate. But one day when he saves a girl named Yamato from a harasser on the train, his (love) life suddenly takes an incredible turn!
Go to Ore Monogatari!! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

453 Comments

no problem, I understand and thanks for a detail explanation so first of al our translator isn't a native English speaker so mistakes are common same whit the Japanese part so I apologize if there are mistakes, but I think on the whole it's not bad and I am really proud of the work our translators put in it and the dedication to learn Japanese. I hope you have a great day

Spoiler

First, thank you very much for picking this up. Ore Monogatari is one of my favorites. ^_^ <3

Second, fair warning: I generally assume that when people ask a question they really do want an honest answer. If you don't actually want an answer that's intended to be constructive criticism (but might hurt your feelings), please don't open the spoiler.

Spoiler

no problem, I understand and thanks for a detail explanation so first of al our translator isn't a native English speaker so mistakes are common same whit the Japanese part so I apologize if there are mistakes, but I think on the whole it's not bad and I am really proud of the work our translators put in it and the dedication to learn Japanese. I hope you have a great day

Sunakawa's 1000 yard stare...

Somehow that bit made what he was remembering even funnier than the first time around.  I cracked up so hard.

Another awesome chapter, all the brilliance that is Ore Monogatari . . . hilariousness, sniffle-inducing romance, heartwarming bromance, nice little bits of characterization, Takeo just being inimitably Takeo . . . does it all.

Gonna go read it again.

Sunakawa's 1000 yard stare...

"I also like your incompetence!"

That line...If I was being confessed to, I would have such mixed feelings about that line.

Thank god for Suna. Best bro.

Wow, so much doki doki from this chapter! I almost never feel this excited for shoujo anymore, well done.

Two long-overdue comments:

1) Chapter 12.5: I'm too old and jaded to intensely feel much anymore. Not even Clannad: After Story could make me cry (because it felt too contrived)... it took Kanon to do that.

This chapter is the first time in decades that I can remember when the opposite (too heartwarming, not too heart-aching) came extremely close to making me cry. But even without that it's still incredible (on the verge of "great" in the old sense of the word) writing, with wonderful art to support it.

2) Kind Adaar, thank you so much for the time you spent translating. I and a lot of other people are much in your debt. <3

is there a problem whit it?

First, thank you very much for picking this up. Ore Monogatari is one of my favorites. ^_^ <3

Second, fair warning: I generally assume that when people ask a question they really do want an honest answer. If you don't actually want an answer that's intended to be constructive criticism (but might hurt your feelings), please don't open the spoiler.

Spoiler

holy crap dat new cover series....

is takeo going to street fighter 

Try watching the fansub for the episode this chapter's based on. Then get back to me.

That translation on the latest chapter sure was...something...

that pain in my chest that even urban legends can get girlfriends, (and i don't...)

when you don't try too hard to have a gf you will end up with having one :P ^^

that pain in my chest that even urban legends can get girlfriends, (and i don't...)

That translation on the latest chapter sure was...something...

That volume 9 front cover is incredible.

The cover almost tricked me into thinking it was a shounen manga and I had clicked on the wrong manga...

I love how this manga makes fun of nearly every trope in the manga universe.  The authors are definitely geniuses at it, and yes, the cover was hilarious.

Hurray! One of my favorite manga (and anime) got an update!

hehe cute chapter as always, it's good to see the side characters getting some love~

that aside, I feel like there's something different with this volume's cover, I wonder what it is... hmm...

i've just read the first chapter and i'm in love with all the characters, Takeo is so funny and kind, Yamato is just lovely, sweet and strong (i wanna be like her >~<) & Suna is such a big hearted guy, i want a friend as good as him. 

The cover almost tricked me into thinking it was a shounen manga and I had clicked on the wrong manga...

I think I'm falling for Takeo myself. He's just such... a big guy...

for you...

Spoiler

is it so weird i want to see takeo carry yamato on his shoulder like she sitting on a chair.

Smiling Saijo is the best. :D <3

Kind Adaar, your group rocks.  Thanks from all of us appreciative leechers (trans: non-Japanese readers) for bringing us a humorous, touching, and altogether great manga.  Please keep up your fantastic work.  When it came to a manga to scan and translate (as the Knight of the Grail said), you chose wisely.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics