Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.17 - 88votes)

Over Image

Alt Names: alt オーバーイメージalt 超越想像
Author: Yusa Mahiro
Artist: Chibimaru
Genres: Action ActionSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A colourless world, a pure white world, a world where everything is filled with only one colour. What ought to be a young man's usual route to school - Sai was suddenly blown away, it was such an extraodinary world. There, he witness two young girls' fight unfold before him. One of them is a blonde girl he has never seen before, and the other is Mikage Mikuro, a senpai at his Highschool. Then, the blonde girl appeared as a transfer student before Sai, who has just returned to the original world. In order to grant her wish, she joined the battle game "Over Image" on her own and now she seem to have come to sought out Sai to be her campanion. "Two points. Are you my enemy? Or are you a harmless citizen?"

adapted from the light novel series of the same name
Go to Over Image Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

155 Comments

34.gifI knew it!!!

Spoiler

that madan no ou to vanadis's 'tl' on baka-tsuki is actually relatively accurate.

back to OI, I really like the black girl <3

Spoiler

No one talking about the Haganai reference with the two main heroines personalities?

already done, check a couple comment pages ago.

Please don't fight! Here's chapter 6 to keep you distracted for all of 2 minutes! T_T Anyway, looks like the prologue is over? Well, we'll see.

U mean madan no ou to vanadis dont have translators on Baka-Tsuki? why dont u google "madan no ou to senki baka tsuki" I'm sure u will find it...

An actual translator.  Not machine translated scripts that are heavily edited, and a Volume 6 that still has not been translated after 2 months.  There is a reason Madan no Ou to Vanadis is still in the Pending Projects section, because it doesn't have an actual translator yet.  And it may never have one if people don't take an interest in it, which is an enormous shame.

And this discussion now has absolutely nothing to do with Over Image.

No one talking about the Haganai reference with the two main heroines personalities?

I find this very interesting.

5 chapters and there hasn't been a cliche ecchi accident.  "Whoops!" Boobie pile-driver!

The character images are unique and well done.  They are not anatomically distorted hyper sexualized parodies of human bodies.  The color/imagination system has enormous potential.  And I'm really intrigued about the direction things will go.  I'd say this sort of thing is worth getting a translated version of the light novels.  If I could speak and read Japanese, I'd be on this like White on a Mashiro.

It's a terrible tragedy that this novel and Madan no Ou to Vanadis don't have dedicated translators on Baka-Tsuki.

U mean madan no ou to vanadis dont have translators on Baka-Tsuki? why dont u google "madan no ou to senki baka tsuki" I'm sure u will find it...

IMAGINE BREAK*R nuff said and chuu2byou to its finest.

Why did they make his "Erosion" ability limited to his right hand.....? Just because of that, it seems to be a blatant rip off of Kamijou Touma's Imagine Breaker complete with an amnesia setting.

I find this very interesting.

5 chapters and there hasn't been a cliche ecchi accident.  "Whoops!" Boobie pile-driver!

The character images are unique and well done.  They are not anatomically distorted hyper sexualized parodies of human bodies.  The color/imagination system has enormous potential.  And I'm really intrigued about the direction things will go.  I'd say this sort of thing is worth getting a translated version of the light novels.  If I could speak and read Japanese, I'd be on this like White on a Mashiro.

It's a terrible tragedy that this novel and Madan no Ou to Vanadis don't have dedicated translators on Baka-Tsuki.

childhood friend definitely is a competitor. She didnt befall the misfortune of his other friends, after all.
I don't know I actually enjoy certain cliches, as long as there is something different about the series I'm fine with it, I love the whole MC self sacrifice cliche. I'll admit that if the art was different I might not be as interested in this series.
Well, sure "original" content is hard to find, but it's usually done a bit more subtly in other works. A "game"-type environment is common, but having the dispel power placed on the right hand of the protag is awfully reminiscent...
I bet the girl with glowing hand that defeats them its his childhood friend
@Mr.Late

Hentai are suppose be shit when it comes to the story/characters/events/etc. Being on par with hentai isn't a compliment.
its annoying when people say manga are ripping of another that they forget that people are doing this for use for free like others say there are hardly anything original these days as long as the story is good and the characters im fine and u should too or stop read
@naberu Everything rips of everything these day. Even rape/ntr hentai mangas can't keept they're originality these days. Thats saying something.
This story has been a bit of a cliche especially
Spoiler

and the "I'm the MC and have amnesia for some apparent reason"
But I do enjoy the story sometimes
I wanted to see the face of the blone one after that reunion!
Welcome home! The tears are flowing like pouring rice.

Posted Image
Light novel, eh? Well, I like the way the characters faces, especially the eyes are drawn.

Story wise, its similar to Accel World but the idea of people in crisis in a game world can be seen in Hack series. But its a nice variation.
so the two mashiro's childhood friends which got the "misfortune" are the "penalty" of mashiro's previous lost, and he is somehow being taken back to game for the second chance, eh?

to make amends?
@naberu All the series you listed are light novels except for "Kitsune no Akuma to Kuroi Madousho". This manga here is also based on a novel.
I see. Shakugan no Shana + A Certain Scientific Railgun, eh? Not that I am complaining, I just want to be entertained.

As someone who has read a lot of series, this is hardly surprising. Read 'Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai' and you will see a lot more similarities to Shana than this one. Blonde heroine with sword? See 'Campione'. Black haired heroine who uses scythe? See 'Kitsune no Akuma to Kuroi Madousho'. Those mangas are derivatives, inspired or rip off if you want to call it, but anything is hardly original these days.

I say, just bring on the manga and the translations. I am satisfied. After all, I am reading for free.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics