Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.23 - 298votes)

Seirei Tsukai no Kenbu

Alt Names: alt Blade Dance of the Spirit Summoneralt 精霊使いの剣舞alt Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Author: Shimizu Yuu
Artist: Hyouju Issei
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kazehaya Kamito has been summoned to the girl's school, Areishia Spirit Academy, which teaches noble young ladies how to make contracts with powerful spirits. On his way, he has the misfortune of catching sight of one of these lady spiritualists bathing. She is Clair Rouge, and she is contracted to a spirit named Scarlet, though she has her sights set on a more powerful spirit. Kamito convinces her to lead him to the school, but she stops on the way to make a contract with this powerful spirit...

adaptation of the light novel seires written by Shimizu Yuu and illustrated by Sakura Hanpen
Go to Seirei Tsukai no Kenbu Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Who do you think Kamito "should" end up with?[spoilers] New Window 3point1416
  • 17 Replies
Topic Explaination for "Missing" chapter 6 New Window Aurega
  • 4 Replies
Topic Spoiler and speculation thread (including LN discussion) New Window Harbinger
  • 5 Replies
Topic Where is chapter 6? New Window benfiend
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chapter Discussion [(possible) Spoiler] New Window ello
  • 2 Replies

736 Comments

Wait ... what just happened at the end of 26? Gotta go and read this last chapter again ... Hmmmm.

Aw, got up to date right as things were getting good.

People are too hung up on this MC thingy, trying to demand that he has believable flaws, or general competence, for their own convenience. Can't be both Shinji and Jesus at the same time.

I just need the MC to not stall the plot or obscure the girls' funny antics. And these girls are hilarious. It's just a super bonus when they show a lot of camaraderie later on as a team.

Burned and "chopped" up...sort of....

More awesome chapters please!!!

I should also probably start reading the LNs...

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Seirei_Tsukai_no_Blade_Dance

It's pretty good.

Burned and "chopped" up...sort of....

More awesome chapters please!!!

I should also probably start reading the LNs...

Thanks for new chapter :)

What are Tatsuya's faults then? 

Keep in mind that his very nature is not self imposed, being a sociopath isn't a fault just as sexuality isn't, being absolutely loyal also isn't his choice.

You could say he's too perfect, too emotionless, too doting on miyuki, too self (miyuki) absorbed, too humble,... but in the end none of that is his fault since he was made that way.

So were you arguing against Tatsuya being a "Sue", or very much confirming that to be exactly what he is?

Because the content of your post very much supports the latter.

Spoiler

I'm eagerly waiting for it to get picked up 

Spoiler

oh, hey. a mc that isn't useless and know what he's doing. i like that very much

Spoiler

Thanks!

Spoiler

So did something good happened between Restia and Kamito in the later volume of the novel?

Spoiler

Spoiler

So did something good happened between Restia and Kamito in the later volume of the novel?

Spoiler

Yeah, you didn't read the light novels.

What are Tatsuya's faults then? 

Keep in mind that his very nature is not self imposed, being a sociopath isn't a fault just as sexuality isn't, being absolutely loyal also isn't his choice.

You could say he's too perfect, too emotionless, too doting on miyuki, too self (miyuki) absorbed, too humble,... but in the end none of that is his fault since he was made that way.

manga storyline still more hype than the anime version... anime one just a bunch of fan service with a little battle scene... long story short, the anime made by TNK completely nothing more then a sad version of a good LN.
p/s: Mahouka anime live up on par with it novel counterpart. kudos to the maker.

On the other hand Tatsuya does not have faults, he's a sociopath but that's not a fault just abnormal.

Miyuki could not learn Tatsuya's personal skills since they are innate ones like their Mother had and Miyuki is developing. Also Miyuki's main strength is not ICE skills but multi casting, invocation speed and psion count oh and AoE spells.

Yeah, you didn't read the light novels.

I just noticed that the recent mangas I've been reading has this one guy who I really just want dead or at least see him brutally mutilated by the hands of the MC or another character...

If you thats what you think, you obviously haven't read the light novels. Tatsuya's power obviously isn't limited seeing as he goes from mere-"mysterious badass student" to wtf-"black ops, special forces, classified military development teenage expert, to say the LEAST."

He meant that Tatsuya can't use standardized magic properly unlike Miyuki, which is also the reason that despite being Strategic-Class he's not regarded as a Yotsuba. Even the little magic he can show besides his special kind is only possible through his mothers contraption in his brain that also allows him to offload processes from his brain.

some people disliked Mahouka cause Tatsuya was too godly

personally, I love Godly Tatsuya AND he's not even a "sue" unlike some other people thinks...

Because while Tatsuya is Godly, he still have faults and his power is limited to the Godly skills unlike his sister, who can actually learn all the skills.

I believe the sister can actually learn Tatsuya's Godly skill if she trained enough later on for it. (but no one really knows)

Plus her main strength is ICE skills.

On the other hand Tatsuya does not have faults, he's a sociopath but that's not a fault just abnormal.

Miyuki could not learn Tatsuya's personal skills since they are innate ones like their Mother had and Miyuki is developing. Also Miyuki's main strength is not ICE skills but multi casting, invocation speed and psion count oh and AoE spells.

Loved Mahouka.  MC kicked so much ass.  That's what it takes to deserve the role of MC, competence.  No one liked his fawning little sister but her role was so marginal I barely even noticed her.  Was all about the godly Tatsuya.

What Little Sister? Does Kami-sama have a Little Sister?

personally, I love Godly Tatsuya AND he's not even a "sue" unlike some other people thinks...

Because while Tatsuya is Godly, he still have faults and his power is limited to the Godly skills unlike his sister, who can actually learn all the skills.

I believe the sister can actually learn Tatsuya's Godly skill if she trained enough later on for it. (but no one really knows)

If you thats what you think, you obviously haven't read the light novels. Tatsuya's power obviously isn't limited seeing as he goes from mere-"mysterious badass student" to wtf-"black ops, special forces, classified military development teenage expert, to say the LEAST."

th?&id=HN.608050623690311328&w=300&h=300

Having "faults" does not prevent a character from being a "Sue" (much less a "God Mode Sue" like Tatsuya), when those faults are contrived and utterly inconsequential in the face of their godliness anyway.

It's comparable to arguing that Bruce Banner isn't ridiculously powerful as The Hulk, because he can't tie his shoelaces when he's ANGRY, when there's no point in him wearing shoes as The Hulk anyway!

Loved Mahouka.  MC kicked so much ass.  That's what it takes to deserve the role of MC, competence.  No one liked his fawning little sister but her role was so marginal I barely even noticed her.  Was all about the godly Tatsuya.

Such a short update. :(

Still, thank you for updating!

Pshht

Spoiler

She was OP

Not to mention

Spoiler

Pshht

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series