Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 1271votes)

Horimiya

Alt Names: alt 堀与宫村alt โฮริมิยะ สาวมั่นกับนายมืดมนalt ホリミヤalt Hori-san and Miyamura-kunalt Hori-san dan Miyamura-kunalt Hori-san to Miyamura-kunalt Si Hori at Si Miyamuraalt Хоримияalt הורימיה
Author: Hero
Artist: Hagiwara Daisuke
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kyoko Hori is your average teenage girl... She has a side she wants no one else to ever find about. Then there's her classmate Izumi Miyamura, your generic glasses-wearing boy in school and a totally different person outside. When the two meet unexpectedly, they discover each others' secrets and develop an unexpected friendship.

============Notice================
Unfortunately the comic (or parts of it) was scanlated by groups that don't allow rehosting. Sorry for the inconvenience.
==========Notice End==============

Related:

> Hori-san to Miyamura-kun [Webcomic]
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/hori-san-to-miyamura-kun-webcomic-r9598 )
Go to Horimiya Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Whelp, I guess it's over New Window QGC129
  • 0 Replies
Topic Everytime Daisuke releases a new chapter, I feel like I've taken an arrow in my gut. New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 2 Replies
Topic Somehow, I want this manga to take a sudden turn for the worst New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 5 Replies
Topic CHALLENGE: Describe this manga in one sentence without any conjunctions New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 9 Replies
Topic At what chapter did you start to lose interest in this? New Window 8ー万
  • 0 Replies
Topic THIS DESERVES A F@(%ING ANIME New Window Archmage Lezard
  • 18 Replies

2925 Comments

@ saintLolicon: Instead of complaining that more chapters haven't been uploaded, why don't you upload them yourself? If you're not doing anything, you can't complain that no one else has done anything.
Why is there only 1 Chapter here? On other sides there are already 5 :/
If you want something to compare with if it's shoujo or not,compare it to "kaichou wa maid-sama". This manga is your not stereotypical shoujo( the art is good and the male characters don't look gay), but from the viewpoint of the female lead, there's a lot more depth since it's more about declaring/understanding feelings of the characters and having less plot.

This story (Horimiya) already introduced like 3 story arcs in 1 chapter and focuses less on feelings(it uses emotions to express feelings a lot more often than having thoughts about them).
If you categorize shoujo just by female leads and art, a lot of other manga would fall into this too that are actually shounen like Lucky Star, Lyrical Nanoha,Strike witches or Maria holic....

If you know the Seinen-genre, you'll discover similarities here and there like character design or the 2nd level of thought, only the high school setting classifies it as Shounen,otherwise it'd be rather Seinen than Shoujo.
moar, please!
it is shounen
Shoujo or whatever, but this one doesn't trigger my shoujo alarm so it's all good. I like it too.
This feels completely shoujo to me. At this point I really don't see how this is a shounen other then the fact that it was published in a shounen mag. I'm up for giving it a few chapters to see how things progress but I don't think it's going to make a jump into the shounen field.
here is trollyG :P. anyway the reason why having a story told from females point of view is good is because you get to know more about them faster. notice the story focuses on in first few chapters the main girl and her charm points? you even see she has a tsun side. this gives the male reader a stronger attachment to the female lead, plus its something a bit different. anyway enough about restated things over and over, you will learn from experience
This is clearly shoujo because all shoujo are the same just terrible...
wrong, i am the genre tag nazi here, and this demographic target is indeed shounen, not shoujo. it is serialized in Gfantasy under the shounen section. this magazine also has a few aimed towards aimed towards female, but the ones that are are based on an otome game, and another that is targetted towards both audiences with a leaning towards girls. (remember nabari no ou?)

so dont change the tag, it is indeed a shounen, its just people dont seem to understand that the target audience of Square Enix publications arent your stereotypical action/romance ecchi junkies
follow!
this isn't Shounen at all this is absolutely Shoujo is someone gonna change the genre tags
Miyamura is so moe
Another awesome romance/comedy. Can't wait for more updates for this and Love Tyrant.
how is this a shounen ????!!!!!
Very nice pacing.
This is good the art kind of reminds me of The Sleepy Residents of Bridcage Manor.

Spoiler
Meh, G Fantasy is shounen in name only. Plenty of G Fantasy titles are marketed almost exclusively towards women. Case in point: I tachiyomi'ed vol. 1 of Horimiya at the bookstore yesterday. It was with the women's manga.
It`s shounen because this series published in shounen magazine (GFantasy) :)
not my cup of tea but interesting. I am looking forward next chapter :)
hmmm
am i the only one who thought of "switch girl"
hm.. this is interesting.. let's read some more hope the necxt chap will release soon...
I love "Shoujo" Manga like these Posted Imagecoz it's more like "Brojous"
a long time since i found a shoujo so nice like this one
Eh? Obviously shoujo, just slightly more readable. I'll give it one or two more chapters before making a final decision.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics