Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 107votes)

A-Channel

Alt Names: alt A แชนแนล สี่แสบซ่า บ้าขั้นเอalt A Channelalt Aチャンネル
Author: Kuroda Bb
Artist: Kuroda Bb
Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaComedy ComedySchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: 4-koma about the daily lives of Tooru who has just entered the same high school as her best and childhood friend Run-chan, who is now a second year, and her friends Yuuko-chan (whom Tooru bullies cause they meet under bad circumtances) & Nagi-chan (who watches).
Go to A-Channel Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

122 Comments

I just discovered this one.

I'm confused, are they lesbians or not?

It's Kirara. Sex doesn't exist in it.

I just discovered this one.

I'm confused, are they lesbians or not?

Nagi, you closet daddy's girl.

That sounds kinda creepy now that I typed it.

Good, let the creep flow.

Nagi, you closet daddy's girl.

That sounds kinda creepy now that I typed it.

Nagi looks amazing without the glasses, probably cause there's some kind of association with glasses Nagi and tsukkomi character >,<

Delicious smug

12987093_462260490639975_375128529975129

FINALLY UPDATE

I could get on that NagixTooru ship.

Stone baked potatoes~

'Nation'

'neshun'

neteru = sleep

shun = sound of peeing

when will these two fuck

You're on the wrong page.

when will these two fuck

It's love!

Run's denseness is another similar trope. I don't think the Takane no Hana situation can actually happen IRL, even in Japan (or that someone as dense as Run can exist).

People as dense as Run exist. I found out harder than the hard way.

Tooru sure likes Yuuko's shortcake. I ship.

I kinda think it's only a manga thing. I've never seen a situation where boys would agree to such a pact. I mean there would always be someone to actually try to woo her. Or no one would but that would be because of shyness and not pressure of the group. And if a guy would manage to go out with her, there might be some who would feel jealous but not a grouped vengeance because of a weird pact. I don't know if it exists in other countries or for girls but I don't really imagine it.

Er, yes. Obviously this is a manga trope that won't happen IRL. You do realize we're still discussing the fictional possibilities in this fictional situation, and that I used an equally fictional analogy (Hibi Chouchou) to explain how the trope applies, yes? I'm just saying that the mangaka is probably using this trope in this case - maybe even unconsciously - because it's such a common trope in manga. There are some hints from the Keiko special that suggests that this trope was what had happened to Yuuko that had kept her single throughout middle school, so presumably it continued to high school. Run's denseness is another similar trope. I don't think the Takane no Hana situation can actually happen IRL, even in Japan (or that someone as dense as Run can exist). The term itself is a Japanese idiom not necessarily concerned with unattainable women: 

http://japanese.about.com/library/weekly/aa072901a.htm

A lot of girls in anime and manga fall victim to this trope. 

The trope also exists in English fiction, but probably not as common. I remember reading a similar application in one of the Discworld books. IIRC it was about how Nobby Nobbs (so inhumanly ugly he needs to be certified as human) managed to get the hottest girl in all of Ankh-Morpork as his girlfriend because she was so pretty most sane men thought her utterly unattainable. Nobby was the only guy who made the move (he's not particularly insane, just a tad overconfident). In this case, Nobby doesn't know karate, but no man in Ankh-Morpork, sane or otherwise, wants to touch him (literally) for fear of getting infected with whatever it is he's infected with - and he MUST be infected with SOMETHING - so that worked out. I've never seen it used anywhere else, though.

It's probably like in Hibi Chouchou. The prettiest girl in school becomes the "Takane no Hana" (flower on the mountaintop) whom none of the boys dare to approach, partly because they're all too embarrassed or intimidated by her beauty, partly because there's an unsaid pact between the boys not to even try, but mostly because the one boy who does make up his mind to confess would be beaten up by all the other boys (in Hibi Chouchou, this worked out only because the boy in question is a karate champion). Basically Run has Tooru swinging a baseball bat (that and density surpassing depleted Uranium), but Yuuko probably has the entire male student body on bodyguard duty.

I kinda think it's only a manga thing. I've never seen a situation where boys would agree to such a pact. I mean there would always be someone to actually try to woo her. Or no one would but that would be because of shyness and not pressure of the group. And if a guy would manage to go out with her, there might be some who would feel jealous but not a grouped vengeance because of a weird pact. I don't know if it exists in other countries or for girls but I don't really imagine it.

Yuuko is probably like Run in that shes a bit dense and slow on the uptake, and probably because the boys are too nervous to confess to her. Run on the other hand is known to be friendly with quite a few boys cause shes easy to talk to, so Tooru has to keep them away with that bat.

It's probably like in Hibi Chouchou. The prettiest girl in school becomes the "Takane no Hana" (flower on the mountaintop) whom none of the boys dare to approach, partly because they're all too embarrassed or intimidated by her beauty, partly because there's an unsaid pact between the boys not to even try, but mostly because the one boy who does make up his mind to confess would be beaten up by all the other boys (in Hibi Chouchou, this worked out only because the boy in question is a karate champion). Basically Run has Tooru swinging a baseball bat (that and density surpassing depleted Uranium), but Yuuko probably has the entire male student body on bodyguard duty.

I think that haircut is cute

ほのぼのs recharged.

Good for another month. 

i've played that puzzle game before. it's really hard.

That bonus page at chapter 75 mmm...
I just love how positif Yutaka can be mmm...~!

Awesome, thanks a lot for the new chapters Spring-Ephemeral!!

Yuuko haven't receive any confession but Run a few times already? Are the boys in their school blind or what?

Yuuko is probably like Run in that shes a bit dense and slow on the uptake, and probably because the boys are too nervous to confess to her. Run on the other hand is known to be friendly with quite a few boys cause shes easy to talk to, so Tooru has to keep them away with that bat.

BUT WHO WAS IT?! I feel bad for the guy when Run's confessors get single panel shots but he doesn't even get one...

(Unless it actually was Satou-sensei...)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics