Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.54 - 50votes)

Story of Someone We Know

Alt Names: alt 아는사람 이야기alt The Stories of Those Around Me
Author: Omyo
Artist: Omyo
Genres: Comedy ComedyJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of LifeWebtoon Webtoon[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: ====Batoto Staff Notice====
This comic has been requested to be taken down by Naver. Do not upload, for any language.
This record has been left here to serve as a notice.
===========================
Go to Story of Someone We Know Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 25 Replies

109 Comments

Awkward .

And oh my gawd, sure, this situation is embarassing!

Thanks for the chapter EGS! :D

Waaggghhhh!!!  Embarrassing!

. . . but of course those two will have no idea why she'd be embarrassed or flustered, so she has to act like she isn't, and she knows she's not good at that.  More embarrassing!

Well, at least her advisor there will get a better read on the situation.

great new chapter, thanks EGS!

SUSPICIOUS! that girl is suspicious i tell you!! 

Thanks for the release :DD

cool, thanks for the new (21) chapter EGS!!

Wahaha, I love Mirra.

Nice move, girl :D

thanks for the release EGS, i love this story.

On a side note, it's damn easy for outsiders to tell people to confess, but when you're face to face with the guy it's hard to even keep calm let alone confess your feelings... 

Thank you for the update EGS ^-^

Cool, thanks a lot for the new chapter EGS!!

Oh, why do i feel it was kind of... the wrong answer...? (not that i could've done any better myself, lol! )

Thaaanks for the release EGS!!

Whoops, I forgot: telling women how they are allowed to act, and act in public, is a lot more off putting than someone telling them to stop telling people how to be. I guess, for lack of a better term, that's your privilege talking since you've never had to live as a woman

Privilege is real enough, but recognizing it doesn't mean guys are by definition not allowed to talk back to women.  And considering the person you started this argument with seems to be a woman (she may not be, internet, but I have no more reason to doubt that she is than I have to doubt that you are), and you were reduced to the "self-hating Jew" routine talking to her . . . are you capable of discussing something on its actual merits or is your only move attacking the other person's qualification to speak? 

Basically, your attitude makes sense if you assume that the people you're arguing with have read the same feminist sources you have and then made a conscious decision to destroy everything they hold dear.  It seems deeply unlikely that this is the case for Vueiy.

I don't need to take deep breaths, I'm perfectly fine. I am not required, nor do I do take kindly, to slut shaming or telling women how to act. That is unacceptable and must be nipped in the bud if women are to ever be treated as humans in this world. Please show me where my "beam" is. Pointing out someone is being a misogynistic ass and needs to not try and control women is not the same in the slightest.

On another note, Subway guy is just as awkward as she is. Cute!

I'm not a big fan of public drunkenness, especially being totally blind smashed, whether male or female, although I know lots of people and indeed cultures are big into it.  Either way I don't think it implies much about sexuality.  So if someone says something negative about a character being too drunk to think, I don't see where it has a damn thing to do with "slut shaming" even if that character is in fact a woman.

But hey, if you want to boost frat culture that's your lookout.  You may say but no, you weren't meaning to boost frat culture and how can I draw such an unwarranted inference.  In which case I would say look in a mirror, your inference is equally unwarranted.  The difference being that I haven't called you a misogynist or claimed that you think you're better than everyone else.

But my core point was just that it's odd to see someone so blatantly judging and then capping it by saying "don't be judgmental".  It's either OK to be judgmental or it isn't; if it's OK for you, then it's OK for them--you can argue who is judging correctly, but denouncing the formation of judgments is absurd.

The author really can write out the way we, girls, think :D That bathroom scene was really funny xD

Whoops, I forgot: telling women how they are allowed to act, and act in public, is a lot more off putting than someone telling them to stop telling people how to be. I guess, for lack of a better term, that's your privilege talking since you've never had to live as a woman, where your entire life is you being criticized for not acting the way everyone wants you to be at all possible times, even if it's not humanly possible. Hilariously, that is what this comic is about.

"When you're a girl, you have to be everything. You have to be dope at what you do but you have to be super sweet and you have to be sexy and you have to be this, you have to be that, and you have to be nice," she says. "It's like, 'I can't be all those things at once. I'm a human being.' "

madelinelime, are you listening to yourself?  Sheesh, you go off on someone, tell them all kinds of stuff about how horrible they are, and then tell them not to be judgmental?!  Consider plucking out the beam in your own eye.  This kind of stuff is not how boards stay an enjoyable place to hang out.

I myself have been known to stay up late because "Someone is wrong on the internet!!!" but this isn't correcting a mistake, it's going after someone personally.  You need to take some deep breaths.

I don't need to take deep breaths, I'm perfectly fine. I am not required, nor do I do take kindly, to slut shaming or telling women how to act. That is unacceptable and must be nipped in the bud if women are to ever be treated as humans in this world. Please show me where my "beam" is. Pointing out someone is being a misogynistic ass and needs to not try and control women is not the same in the slightest.

On another note, Subway guy is just as awkward as she is. Cute!

Another great new chapter, thanks a lot EGS!!

This chapter was so light and funny, it's amazing how such ordinary situations can be made so amusing. Thanks a lot EGS!!

They are so cute, but he is a pretty strightforward person-which makes the thing harder for Mira :D I think she will get pretty funny in next chapter :D

Also the translations seem to get faster, thanks EGS!

very cute new chapter, thanks a lot EGS!!

Comments after every chapter in thanks = biggest fan ever and makes this manwha and board worth looking forward too.

Thanks svines!

I believe we all can relate to the concept of 'persona', most persons have an inner-image they want to make a reality. How much they succeed is a different story, as it mostly tied to being an 'empty suit'.

I agree to the persona concept, but not to the empty suit thing. sometimes there's a genuine effort to self-improve, and sometimes the 'inner-image' we want to make a reality is due to insecurity and/or overthinking. For example when a person is too expansive, they might begin by being less expansive, for fear of 'scaring' someome who might be shyer, and that's actually very thoughtful instead of empty, don't you think? (being a shy person myself, i appreciate it lol)

Did i make any sense? i can't express myself 100% in english, sorry.

very cute new chapter, thanks a lot EGS!!

oh God, i can totally relate to this chapter... too much for my own good. Damn 'cool' aura.

I believe we all can relate to the concept of 'persona', most persons have an inner-image they want to make a reality. How much they succeed is a different story, as it mostly tied to being an 'empty suit'.

oh God, i can totally relate to this chapter... too much for my own good. Damn 'cool' aura.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics