Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 239votes)

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Alt Names: alt A Certain Scientific Railgun
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Artist: Fuyukawa Motoi
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMecha MechaMystery MysterySchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story is set in a world where supernatural powers exist through science, and magic exists through religion.

Academy City is home to 2.3 million inhabitants, which include ordinary civilians and ESPers: individuals with special abilities. 80% of the students in Academy City are active in the "Power Curriculum Program", and out of that 80%, only 7 are classified as Level 5 ESPers.

Meet Level 5 "Electromaster" Misaka Mikoto and her friend Shirai Kuroko, who both work together in maintaining peace within Academy City's university district as members of "Judgment", Academy City's student-based disciplinary committee.

"Toaru Kagaku no Railgun" ("A Certain Scientific Railgun") is a side story of "Toaru Majutsu no Index" ("A Certain Magical Index").

Related:

> Toaru Majutsu no Index (Light Novels)
(http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index)

> Toaru Majutsu no Index (Main Story)
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/to-aru-majutsu-no-index-r635)

> Toaru Majutsu no Index X Toaru Kagaku no Railgun 4Koma Anthology
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/4-koma-koushiki-anthology-toaru-kagaku-no-railgun-x-toaru-majutsu-no-index-r4804)

>Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/toaru-kagaku-no-accelerator-r10196)
Go to Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Latest Chapter Discussion New Window greensoulreaper
  • 71 Replies
Topic (spoilers) General discussions and speculations New Window Akasha
  • 0 Replies
Topic Calendar of Events in the Index/Railgun Franchise New Window OH&S
  • 0 Replies

949 Comments

In a way this could be considered Misaka's first kill lol

Time for season 3

Top Tier Index III meme.

Highlight of this manga will be Misaki for me always.

Inbetween page 16-17 felt like there should be more pages since things happened so fast I was confused at first. Other than that, we still don't know if Cyborg Kuriba really did have an artificial soul or not, but the hospital where the procedure will take place, if our theory on Rensa is correct, will probably be the same hospital Yakumi Hisako works at. That is if they show us just that next chapter.

I noticed that Dream Ranker Arc also ends the same time as the Necromancer Arc in in the Accel Spin-off. I wonder what the next arc will be about.

best one

After checking all of the 'To Aru' manga series, art-wise (n maybe even plot-wise), 'Railgun' is the best. The comedy n the serious event is well-balanced. Almost all character that was introduced so far is somewhat deeply explained... so we didnt get this artificial or one-sided character (even the antagonist!). The fight is also well conducted... along with the fitting pseudo-science explanation. As for the 'academic city' name itself... well, if not 'Duel City', maybe 'Mad Scientist City' is more well fitting. Anyway, thanks for scanslation... This manga is awesome...

say everything :)

After checking all of the 'To Aru' manga series, art-wise (n maybe even plot-wise), 'Railgun' is the best. The comedy n the serious event is well-balanced. Almost all character that was introduced so far is somewhat deeply explained... so we didnt get this artificial or one-sided character (even the antagonist!). The fight is also well conducted... along with the fitting pseudo-science explanation. As for the 'academic city' name itself... well, if not 'Duel City', maybe 'Mad Scientist City' is more well fitting. Anyway, thanks for scanslation... This manga is awesome...

I reuploaded chapter 93 to include the 7 missing pages that were not present when I uploaded v1. Hopefully that won't happen again.

gogo next

Misaka likes power ranger, only explanation. Why did not she fight like this against # 4? Shizuri could see it and pee

Also,  #4 could disintegrate the iron into atoms, giving her a big target wouldn't change anything.  

ahh, good ole dere to save the day

Misaka likes power ranger, only explanation. Why did not she fight like this against # 4? Shizuri could see it and pee

I really doubt it, she can literally melt almost anything without much effort, also ima assume this, controlling that giant consumes way more energy, stamina than firing a single ray. Well aside from that, misaka was way too exhausted the day they fought.

Looks like it concurs to 11 volume. Touma is in Italy right now.

Also, if Misaka will continue in such pace, she will level to the ground whole Academy City.

Given that we've passed the bit where the Battle Royale arc occurs, it's probably more around Book 16 to 17.

Electro-powers! Make my Iron-sand grow!

Well...That was a HUGE battle XD. I kind of forgot what Kuriba Cyborg' powers are, but isn't it mimicry or some kind of absorption ability?

Mikoto should have fought the Elements in the novel just like this instead of focusing so much in A.A.A (which seems weaker that this colossus thing)

Considering the collateral damage, the possibility of endangering the scattered survivors in the city, and immense electrical output, not only using the Iron Sand Golem will not only cause casualties, but it will also tire her out quickly cause she won't be able to charge up. Which is why she possibly opted for the Customized AAA.

So... The town where this girls live is called 'Academic City,' right? But so far, it's better to call the town as 'Duel City'... Dun get me wrong, this is one of the finest fantasy story that I've read so far... In term of setting concistency, plot n twist, n character development n interactio

It time to... D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL!!!

Jokes aside, The city is called Academy City for a reason and Railgun is Sci-Fi, not Fantasy XD

I was laughing when the same exacts episodes of Index shows up in Railgun but with better animation.All because that shitty S1.

Can't be helped since Railgun II had more updated visuals and animations than when Index first got adapted.

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡kaiju battle¡¡¡¡¡

Wow chapter super awesome f#c7

I can see Misaka refusing to do this at any other time. The amount of collateral damage she'd cause (and is causing) is way more than she'd like to deal with I bet.

Abandoned warehouse facility area, and there is no one else in the area. Did not read the previous manga and compared the novel until the damage is still little .. so I think

Still her Iron Sand perma-regen electrical golem seems way OP compared to Accelerator.

Accelerator does'nt like indirect methods. Mikoto prefer to use tools while Accelerator prefere raw power. Salome commented about this when they fought.

Pretty sure she just never had to go all out before.

Still her Iron Sand perma-regen electrical golem seems way OP compared to Accelerator.

I seem to recall that all of academy city is on a permanent 'can change' demolition schedule because city engineering. I mean, in the end it's all an excuse so the city can be leveled every other volume, but knowing the capabilities of the people in the city and their mantra, it fits well. Alastair is one hell of a bastard, and I would love to be in academy city.

I'm sure Alastair would love to have you as another level 0 piece of trash on the street for the espers to kick around.

I can see Misaka refusing to do this at any other time. The amount of collateral damage she'd cause (and is causing) is way more than she'd like to deal with I bet.

And the end credit page is missing again... "orz

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics