Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 172votes)

Kagerou Daze

Alt Names: alt カゲロウデイズalt 蜉蝣daysalt Kagerou Days
Author: Jin (Ii)
Artist: Satou Mahiro
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiShoujo ShoujoSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A story based on the new popular series of songs by Jin. Shintaro Kisaragi, a neet who shut himself inside his room for two years, had been living his life normally until he met a cyber girl named Ene, who appeared on his computer screen when someone sent him an e-mail one year ago. One day, Ene messes with Shintaro's PC which causes him to have to go to the outside world for the first time in two years.

Related:

> Kagerou Daze Official Anthology Comic -UPPER-
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/kagerou-daze-official-anthology-comic-upper-r11735 )
> Kagerou Daze Official Anthology Comic -DOWNER-
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/kagerou-daze-official-anthology-comic-downer-r11736 )
> Kagerou Daze Official Anthology Comic -SUMMER-
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/kagerou-daze-official-anthology-comic-summer-r11737 )
> Kagerou Daze Official Anthology Comic -WINTER-
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/kagerou-daze-official-anthology-comic-winter-r11739 )
Go to Kagerou Daze Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The anime New Window Hakurei06
  • 12 Replies
Topic Something interesting I noticed... New Window Rasu-kun
  • 1 Replies
Topic Chapter and Series Discussion New Window Dascini
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chapter and Series Discussion New Window Dascini
  • 0 Replies

211 Comments

What's happening in this manga? Is it like a All You Need Is Kill kind of thing? Or is it just like different AU's story lines and stuff? Or time travel???? What's the big reveal going to be that's going to tie it all in?

It's super interesting and I want to just binge read it so I know what on Earth is going on, if someone has a link to the LN then that'd be awesome if you left it up here! 

Bam! http://baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Kagerou_Days

You may also want to check out the songs as well.

What's happening in this manga? Is it like a All You Need Is Kill kind of thing? Or is it just like different AU's story lines and stuff? Or time travel???? What's the big reveal going to be that's going to tie it all in?

It's super interesting and I want to just binge read it so I know what on Earth is going on, if someone has a link to the LN then that'd be awesome if you left it up here! 

whoa, mekakucityactors manga ^^

It's probably going to be a bit different since both the manga and anime were adapted from the vocaloid series, not each other.

Spoiler

Man, these two sure don't look like they're going to get along...

And is it just me or is Kano a big ass hat this time round?

Spoiler

Awww... Konoha looks so sad :c

whoa, mekakucityactors manga ^^

Next's Shounen Brave? Oh man, this gonna be good.

Spoiled myself with the wiki and novel, oh boy does the tragedy tag really fit this story.

take every other tag out except tragedy LOL

But really where are the updates? its been 3 months. The anime and novel updates are keeping me busy i guess. @_@

what happened on ch 19?

Spoiled myself with the wiki and novel, oh boy does the tragedy tag really fit this story.

To be frank, he was calling you out on this one:
And it was contradictory to the length of your post. Hence, "hypocrisy".

Oh. That...makes sense, somehow.

Nevermind that, does anyone think the timelines between the Manga and Bakemonogatari Days will diverge from each other and only collide on the crucial events, like Kuroha sprees?

Actually, I didn't masquerade anything, I AM a fanboy. Isn't it blatantly obvious? Why would I even be reading and defending it, then?

To be frank, he was calling you out on this one:

Nobody here cares about your opinion. Seriously. Nobody.

And it was contradictory to the length of your post. Hence, "hypocrisy".

I did feel that the story sucks some time ago, but I held on because I'd like to think that it would be able to make a comeback.

This...is...AMAZING! They died and he is somehow having the chance to relive everything but events are going differently and characters introduced in past events are taking up different slots in the current time line. Then new people are appearing whom we didn't see before. So each time they die they will be given another shot at figuring out the issue. Thanks to Shintaro because he has something like a Deja vu skill or something. Interesting.

this is the most hypocritical fanboy post masquerading as "I don't give a shit" post that I've read in a while LOL

you just made an entire post about not giving a shit, jesus christ

Actually, I didn't masquerade anything, I AM a fanboy. Isn't it blatantly obvious? Why would I even be reading and defending it, then? Does me liking the series somehow substracts to the values of my critical opinion or my rant about people not using the correct space to flame series?

Nevertheless, this isn't youtube's comment section so I'll just kill the subject here and stop posting replies. If you want to keep discussing the matter, well, off you go, don't let me stop you.

Sorry, I tried to be as cordial as I could, but it seems it isn't working so far, so I'll be straight with you:

A series being popular doesn't guarantee it being good, you said so yourself. We have SAO to use as proof of overhype. Anime and novels alike.

And SHAFT is one of the most daring and revolutionary animation companies out there. It's not a matter of good or bad anmation (Which we know for certain that it isn't badly made in the slightest), but originality and creativity at the drawing and pace setting which makes SHAFT so special. Want a textbook good animation? You have Gainax, KyoAni, and such.

Wanna bash about KagePro? Go ahead, make a thread in the forums, you'll surely find people like you who don't like the series. You can even laugh about us all you want and all that crap.

In the meantime, refrain from being childish and thinking less of others just because they don't like the same stuff as you.

And for God's sake, just let us read what we like in peace.

this is the most hypocritical fanboy post masquerading as "I don't give a shit" post that I've read in a while LOL

you just made an entire post about not giving a shit, jesus christ

I am definitely not the only one who thought Hibiya's crying face was adorable and I do not feel any guilty thinking so, even if I feel sorry for the poor guy his expression quickly cheered me up.

I can't really follow the story anymore, i should re-read this from the start :s

Spoiler

When everything goes to shit and you start freaking, guess who is the voice of reason? The one you always least expect.

can anyone explain whats going on?please with spoilers..

Constant, incessant, unnerving complaints.

Sorry, I tried to be as cordial as I could, but it seems it isn't working so far, so I'll be straight with you:

A series being popular doesn't guarantee it being good, you said so yourself. We have SAO to use as proof of overhype. Anime and novels alike.

And SHAFT is one of the most daring and revolutionary animation companies out there. It's not a matter of good or bad anmation (Which we know for certain that it isn't badly made in the slightest), but originality and creativity at the drawing and pace setting which makes SHAFT so special. Want a textbook good animation? You have Gainax, KyoAni, and such.

Wanna bash about KagePro? Go ahead, make a thread in the forums, you'll surely find people like you who don't like the series. You can even laugh about us all you want and all that crap.

In the meantime, refrain from being childish and thinking less of others just because they don't like the same stuff as you.

And for God's sake, just let us read what we like in peace.

Ah nice, an update. been waiting a while! Thanks so much!!

That wall of text below is better off on MAL or something... I wouldn't think the comments section are meant for actual page-long reviews lol. As for the anime, I screamed "SHAFT!" every single time somebody turned their heads over the shoulder as they bent back... I even made it into a drinking game with mah buddies. :D

Hi guys, I've seen a lot of hate comments going on for me even if I'm trying to critique this in a fair way months ago. I used to be a fan but I later realized that it's not worth it.(Don't worry, I'm still Jin-san and Shidu's fan! I'm just NOT a KagePro's fan!)

Even so, I wanted to share how the anime did in the polls(Nicodou):

Spoiler

A comparison to a successful great anime, Kill La Kill:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Why do I even comment if I didn't like it? Some of you asked. I comment/review because I care, because I want to let everyone(especially new readers) that they are not the only ones who feel confused about this story's plot. Why did it got so popular with its unoriginal plot compared to better stories with substances? That's the universal question regarding this series. Now that you've got your questions answered in my otherpost, you don't need to keep yourselves following this series because all your fellow animefans/vocaloidfans like this (I actually regret recommending this franchise to my friend while I was still in high  school back in 2011--which probably contributed to the peer-to-peer popularity).

I don't feel like a series who got popular due to a hype(awesome Techno arranges) deserve all that attention and need to say it. That's all. I know that some of you fans feel butthurt because I pointed out the story's obvious flaws and I am quite disappointed that the avid fans here couldn't come up with a better argument other than "Don't read it if you don't like it."

What I was actually hoping to get by posting my review a few months ago was to see if there was somebody there to tell me that the story will actually improve on its way...and maybe I will retract what I said earlier and post better reviews for it. There was no intention to troll anybody (I suppose that people these days assume that you're a troll these days once you decide to critique something big, isn't that it?). Other than taking the review face-to-face it's much better to take it as a troll with no better things to do in their free time. But no, the replies that I've gotten from you guys didn't contribute nor convince me that this series is good(and it even deteriorated my opinion further on regarding the quality of the fans of the series). I, so far, haven't seen a real argument as to why fans should still stick to this series other than the gimmicks(super cute sexy bishies hotties girls with red eyes albinos) it has to offer.

I've given this series many chances and today I've withdrawn the last straw for this franchise, all except the music. Even if KagePro is dull as far as the story goes, the music is really great so check it out~~(And I'm not lying there.)

Also, I checked SHAFT's adaptation and I would say that it's very SHAFT-like: A dumbed-down version of the Monogatari series. Character designs are nice but other than that it's painful to watch. The dialogue is heavy and you don't get what the hell is happening unless you have some notions from the LN/manga. Not recommended a new audience. Seems like that it was only made to please the already existing fandom. 

Something that is interesting doesn't have to make perfect sense. For you it might have to but some people enjoy the confusion, turn off their brains and enjoy the ride. Also just because you don't like it you can't call it overhyped, and second giving your opinion is fine but people that like it, like it for their own reasons and it doesn't have to be written as well as TOG for them to like it, nor do they have to convince YOU why this manga is good to THEM. Very shaft like? Are you kidding me, THAT's your complaint?(facepalming with a cactus wouldn't describe the level of fail) It's freaking shaft what did you expect, you never give anything they do to a new audience. EVER.

Hi guys, I've seen a lot of hate comments going on for me even if I'm trying to critique this in a fair way months ago. I used to be a fan but I later realized that it's not worth it.(Don't worry, I'm still Jin-san and Shidu's fan! I'm just NOT a KagePro's fan!)

Even so, I wanted to share how the anime did in the polls(Nicodou):

Spoiler

A comparison to a successful great anime, Kill La Kill:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Why do I even comment if I didn't like it? Some of you asked. I comment/review because I care, because I want to let everyone(especially new readers) that they are not the only ones who feel confused about this story's plot. Why did it got so popular with its unoriginal plot compared to better stories with substances? That's the universal question regarding this series. Now that you've got your questions answered in my otherpost, you don't need to keep yourselves following this series because all your fellow animefans/vocaloidfans like this (I actually regret recommending this franchise to my friend while I was still in high  school back in 2011--which probably contributed to the peer-to-peer popularity).

I don't feel like a series who got popular due to a hype(awesome Techno arranges) deserve all that attention and need to say it. That's all. I know that some of you fans feel butthurt because I pointed out the story's obvious flaws and I am quite disappointed that the avid fans here couldn't come up with a better argument other than "Don't read it if you don't like it."

What I was actually hoping to get by posting my review a few months ago was to see if there was somebody there to tell me that the story will actually improve on its way...and maybe I will retract what I said earlier and post better reviews for it. There was no intention to troll anybody (I suppose that people these days assume that you're a troll these days once you decide to critique something big, isn't that it?). Other than taking the review face-to-face it's much better to take it as a troll with no better things to do in their free time. But no, the replies that I've gotten from you guys didn't contribute nor convince me that this series is good(and it even deteriorated my opinion further on regarding the quality of the fans of the series). I, so far, haven't seen a real argument as to why fans should still stick to this series other than the gimmicks(super cute sexy bishies hotties girls with red eyes albinos) it has to offer.

I've given this series many chances and today I've withdrawn the last straw for this franchise, all except the music. Even if KagePro is dull as far as the story goes, the music is really great so check it out~~(And I'm not lying there.)

Also, I checked SHAFT's adaptation and I would say that it's very SHAFT-like: A dumbed-down version of the Monogatari series. Character designs are nice but other than that it's painful to watch. The dialogue is heavy and you don't get what the hell is happening unless you have some notions from the LN/manga. Not recommended a new audience. Seems like that it was only made to please the already existing fandom. 

I lost it at Konoha being wobbly

About that issue, maybe you guys would like to check JubyPhonic on Youtube. She does really good covers of many Vocaloid songs.

If you prefer it in the original language look up Nico Nico Chorus versions.Also people who do solo covers like Amatsuki,Kradness,Koma'n,etc.(yes I realize I only named male singers) 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics