Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 791votes)

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Be Mine, Hero!" "I Refuse!"

Alt Names: alt Archienemigo y Héroe - "Se mío, héroe" "Me niego"alt Arqui-inimigo e Herói - "Seja meu, Herói!" "Eu me recuso!"alt まおゆう魔王勇者「この我のものとなれ、勇者よ」「断る!」alt จอมมารนักเศรษฐศาสตร์กับผู้กล้าบ้าพลังalt 魔王勇者「成为我的东西吧勇者」「我拒」alt Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Kono Watashi no Mono Tonare, Yuusha yo" "Kotowaru!"
Author: Touno Mamare
Artist: Ishida Akira
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After a long and treacherous journey, our Hero finally arrives at the Demon Queen’s castle only to find himself being asked for help. The Hero explains how the war that the demons have brought upon the humans have killed thousands and put more in misery. The Demon Queen however argues that this war has made the human society band together as one and showed empirical evidence how it has increased population, increased production, boosted economy and improved society overall. Furthermore, she explains to the Hero that ending this war will result in a civil war that will produce more bloodshed than there ever was. The Hero, convinced that the only way to bring peace, relatively speaking, is to join forces with the Demon Queen, agrees to help with her plans!

One of five simultaneous serializations of the Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. This version was selected as the official manga adaptation of the light novel.

Alternate Stories:

> Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/maoyuu-maou-yuusha-r3109)

> Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - Other Side of the Hill
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/maoyuu-maou-yuusha-other-side-of-the-hill-r3113)

> Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Gaiden - Madoromi no Onna Mahou Tsukai
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/maoyuu-maou-yuusha-gaiden-madoromi-no-onna-mahou-tsukai-r5404)

- Maoyuu 4-Koma: You're Horrible, Maou-sama!
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/maoyuu-4-koma-youre-horrible-maou-sama-r2234)

- The Demon Queen Weight Loss Plan
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/the-demon-queen-weight-loss-plan-r4776)
Go to Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Be Mine, Hero!" "I Refuse!" Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (Anime adaptation) New Window RazzMaTazz007
  • 18 Replies
Topic Science and Development of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha New Window AceAtGrace
  • 3 Replies
Topic Maoyuu Maou Yuusha General Discussion New Window Sarnik
  • 69 Replies
Topic What you would do next if you were the young merchant? New Window Yang Wenli
  • 7 Replies
Topic The Economics of Maoyuu New Window Pax Empyrean
  • 34 Replies
Topic where does extra get these pictures from? New Window skahzreg
  • 10 Replies

2071 Comments

uh guys....i'm preety sure we're around 6 chapters overdue

You can buy the chapters legally on bookwalker.

uh guys....i'm preety sure we're around 6 chapters overdue

Try being on a military base in japan trying to find english copies

pfft

try finding an English manga in Indonesia. Best you can find are only the popular serieses like FT in Kinokuniya. The last time I saw Gintama in the shelves is like at least 3 years ago

What do you mean it Ended?
Is it over or they stop the adaptation from Light Novel?

i have seen the novel had end at vol 5 with ch total 65..

if the manga end at ch 59 then there still has more 6 chapter again from light novel

It's complete and fully adapted the light novel. By that, I mean that they did gloss over and change some parts (I read parts of the light novel fan translation so I know), but they hit all the major plot points and reached the light novel's ending. The chapters aren't a 1:1 adaption of the light novel. We'd have a lot more dialogue if they were.

The issue with that is that the difficulty in getting physical copies. I have no issues with buying a physical copy as a way to support the author, but the inability to do that... well, what can I do?

Try being on a military base in japan trying to find english copies

Manga ended with chapter 59/ vol 18. Akira Ishida drew art for this ocassion

Spoiler

What do you mean it Ended?
Is it over or they stop the adaptation from Light Novel?

i have seen the novel had end at vol 5 with ch total 65..

if the manga end at ch 59 then there still has more 6 chapter again from light novel

Cant wait for the volume 17 to come out.
I must know how this ends

Too bad you have to wait for jan-feb 2017 I guess.

Everything ends in v18. It's planned to release on 26/08. English version released 5-6 months later.

So I caved and bought volumes 15 and 16.
I downloaded bookwalker and everything, totally worth.
Cant wait for the volume 17 to come out.
I must know how this ends

Why is the hero still weak? When is he gonna fuckin' murder the archbishop? The demon queen is in danger.

Manga ended with chapter 59/ vol 18. Akira Ishida drew art for this ocassion

Spoiler

yeah, except that finding physical copies of official english mangas is limited to what you can find in Kinokuniya in Jakarta, and I don't think they have Maoyuu.

Heck, they don't even sell Gintama, last i check. (around Dec last year)

If I dont wrong, BookWalker is e-book store, you can buy and download to your PC or iOS, Andrpid device :3

I'm probably going to cave in and buy the official English translations of volumes 15 and 16. I have the raws for 14-17, it's just that I honestly have no idea what's going on, and I'm not in the mood to translate the Japanese light novel myself to find out what the dialogue is.

On another note, the manga is concluding in Japan with its next chapter (on Comic Walker, it'll be out on May 22), and volume 18 will be published in August.

Spoiler

I think its time to stop piracy this series.
you can buy 1 volume full for 600yen or $5 (197-206 page)

support mangaka :) and get season 2 faster :3

84688.jpg

The issue with that is that the difficulty in getting physical copies. I have no issues with buying a physical copy as a way to support the author, but the inability to do that... well, what can I do?

yeah, except that finding physical copies of official english mangas is limited to what you can find in Kinokuniya in Jakarta, and I don't think they have Maoyuu.

Well, that's Jakarta, even worse in Yogyakarta, lel.

Wow, first time I have heard of this. No wonder.
Good for them. Best method to combat piracy right here.

yeah..... its like half of the price of what a print would be, which are usually $10. They just tweeted vol 16 will be out soon too! https://twitter.com/BOOKWALKER_GL/status/699407218362322944 

and since they've been in business for over 5 years, pretty sure its safe to say this isn't a failure like jmanga.

kadokawa publishes their official digital translations faster than the scanlators , so maybe thats why they gave up? They're up to Vol 15 (chapters 47-49) in English. It's $5.41 or 600 JPY per volume too. 

Wow, first time I have heard of this. No wonder.
Good for them. Best method to combat piracy right here.

A new chapter is overdue, judging by the last upload date. I think the scanlators are busy with January work piles

kadokawa publishes their official digital translations faster than the scanlators , so maybe thats why they gave up? They're up to Vol 15 (chapters 47-49) in English. It's $5.41 or 600 JPY per volume too. 

A new chapter is overdue, judging by the last upload date. I think the scanlators are busy with January work piles

They were most likely counting on musket being VERY slow to reload. That is its characteristic they HEARD of from Blue Demon battle. Remember, none of those present at Gate Way City have personally encountered mass musket yet. Only White Tiger Duke, Demon Queen and Female Knight did.

Although they may be informed of the concept, they would likely think it's just a slower bow. What do you do when you face a pure range troops with slow reload speed ? Yep, you charge. Many Samurais did think like that back in the day. Ironically, the Orge clan is also the one who lead the charge. lol 

Also, the "multiple firing squad" tactic (as I don't know it's proper name in English) was historically invented after an invention of musket itself. It was what make this slow-ass inaccurate missile weapon see practical use in battlefield. So it was a BIG deal. In this story, it was just recently invented by Blue Ash King and was first implemented in this very battle. So no, nobody can anticipate that. As Demon Queen said so herself in this chapter.  

So yes, this manga is still historical realistic enough. Perhaps, too realistic. As some other posters said, they are a freaking demon. They should have more trick up their sleeve. Giant units, Flying units and especially MAGICIANS. Unlike Gate, magicians in this story seem to be very powerful. I believe they could easily best 15th century canons if they want to. Unfortunately, they utilized none of that.

A couple of points I have to make.

1) Demonic Flying units don't seem to actually exist much.  Dragon clan don't seem flight capable at all.

2) Giants throwing boulders.  Nice idea.  What range?  A Giant is say 10 times taller, does that really mean it can throw things 100m away?  How big a rock?  Don't forget, the Giants here are pretty non aggressive.  There aren't any Giant sized slings and bows that they can use.

3) Torsion siege engines (Catapults and the like).  Gateway city doesn't have any.  They had barely 1500 troops in the whole city before they levied up.

4) Magicians.  Most of the magic seen (aside from the big exceptions of Hero and Pleasant Serial Killer) seem to be personal range type things.  As was commented, a musket is the equivalent of a mid level fireball.  So, while I'm sure a mage would have more firepower than a musketeer, the whole point made in chap 45 is that the Holy army was just going for the steamroller tactic.  Plus they had cannons....

5) Demons does not mean magically more uber.  That's the whole point being made.  They are stronger and faster - IN MELEE.  Which equals squat when facing a numerically superior force with ranged weapons which can penetrate all known defensive armor at this point.  Especially if you've never seen a gun before ...

Volume 15 (chapter 47-49) is out, you can check it at BookWalker.

Thanks for the clarification- didn't remember if anyone from gateway city had been at that battle. Understandably, it's easy for me to criticize with the advantage of history =D That being said, I recall someone else stating that large platoons of infantry amassing on the field was not really how major battles went down- is that true? In any case, I'm as surprised as others about the demon armies lack of other battle advantages or failure to utilize them.

They were most likely counting on musket being VERY slow to reload. That is its characteristic they HEARD of from Blue Demon battle. Remember, none of those present at Gate Way City have personally encountered mass musket yet. Only White Tiger Duke, Demon Queen and Female Knight did.

Although they may be informed of the concept, they would likely think it's just a slower bow. What do you do when you face a pure range troops with slow reload speed ? Yep, you charge. Many Samurais did think like that back in the day. Ironically, the Orge clan is also the one who lead the charge. lol 

Also, the "multiple firing squad" tactic (as I don't know it's proper name in English) was historically invented after an invention of musket itself. It was what make this slow-ass inaccurate missile weapon see practical use in battlefield. So it was a BIG deal. In this story, it was just recently invented by Blue Ash King and was first implemented in this very battle. So no, nobody can anticipate that. As Demon Queen said so herself in this chapter.  

So yes, this manga is still historical realistic enough. Perhaps, too realistic. As some other posters said, they are a freaking demon. They should have more trick up their sleeve. Giant units, Flying units and especially MAGICIANS. Unlike Gate, magicians in this story seem to be very powerful. I believe they could easily best 15th century canons if they want to. Unfortunately, they utilized none of that.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics