Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 929votes)

Kingdom

Alt Names: alt キングダムalt Chiến quốcalt 王者天下alt El Reinoalt History of Qinalt Il Regnoalt Kaharianalt Karaļvalstsalt Karalystėalt Kerajaanalt Kongerigealt Koninkrijkalt Krallıkalt Królestwoalt Royaumealt Tsardomalt مملكةalt Кралствоalt Царствоalt ממלכהalt امپراطوری
Author: Hara Yasuhisa
Artist: Hara Yasuhisa
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Millions of years have passed since the times of legends, when the worlds of man and gods were still the same. In these times it was the desires of man that moved the world. It is the era of the 500 year war: The warring states period. Kingdom is the story of a young boy named Shin who grew into a great general and all the trials and bloodshed that lead him there.

Won the 17th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Award Grand Prize.

Related:

> Kingdom one-shots:
1. Li Mu
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/li-mu-r9692 )
2. Meng Wu and Chu Zi (Note: Contain spoilers to future events of the main story)
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/meng-wu-and-chu-zi-r10078 )
Go to Kingdom Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Kingdom Spoiler thread New Window Ace Baragan
  • 6 Replies
Topic Where did the chapters go? New Window Koreachess
  • 1 Replies
Topic Jump attacks and other unreallistic attacks. New Window l3alistic
  • 6 Replies
Topic Most feels death New Window icedpyro
  • 11 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion Thread New Window OnePunchManFan
  • 174 Replies
Topic Does Houken really worth for Zhao 3 heaven general titile? New Window Roxis
  • 0 Replies

4978 Comments

Hopefully there will be some more of the explanation on Ousen's relationship with Ouki fleshed out, since somehow he show a glimpse of interest to Shin holding out Ouki's glaive. Also to an extend he now keeps Shin's unit close to him probably for some further observation and test for Shin's worthiness as Ouki's (or even probably as Ou's family) glaive holder.

The time that really stood out for me was when Shin was complaining about something and then Ousen started to move towards Shin to which everyone thought Shin was in deep shit.  That was when he looked at the Glaive and decided to be calm, and explain to Shin the situation on the battlefield.

As you mentioned he wants to test Shin.  He probably has seen both Mouten and his son Ouhon in battle, but there has never been a time he has watched the Hi Shin Unit in battle.

Ousen, to us, seems like a very cold character, but I have a feeling he truly respected Ouki, either that or despised him as not a "member of the head house."  I think that him not being "a member of the head house" made him even greater though.

I have a hard time deciding if that glaive belongs to the Ou family, or if it was his personal glaive.  I wouldn't think that the family's prized weapon would go to anyone but those in the head house, but it's possible that wasn't the case.  Since Ouki was such a great general, he could get any weapon he wanted made, so it's possible it was just a weapon made for him.

I personally would love to see the Ou-Grandfather.  We have seen Mougu, but we have never heard about Ouhon's grandfather/Ousen's father.

Hopefully there will be some more of the explanation on Ousen's relationship with Ouki fleshed out, since somehow he show a glimpse of interest to Shin holding out Ouki's glaive. Also to an extend he now keeps Shin's unit close to him probably for some further observation and test for Shin's worthiness as Ouki's (or even probably as Ou's family) glaive holder.

That smirk in chapter 521, hehehe ...

I think this speaks more to his trust in his son's abilities, I mean he is a genius tactician too.

These battles are going to be so awesome, can't wait! 

EDIT:  damn this battle is nuts from the start.

Great rebuttal, dipshit. That sure addressed and completely negated all the arguments I put forth. Sheesh, your name really suits you.

Get butthurt some more about bad writing being pointed out. Y’all’s fanboyism is showing.

Reply to the right-wing tools:

Spoiler

Other replies:
Spoiler

​ ​ ​​​

Fair enough. I estimated they had more time.

Well, let's see what happens.

Starving the defender is the easiest and the most used siege strategy during the middle ages (900 - 1400s)

Hannibal did it during the 2nd Punic War, almost broke the Romans if Scipio didnt counter his stratagem

Its costly though

While starving is indeed the easiest and most used siege strategy it does not apply to said battle. Qin dosent have the time or the supplyes to leisurelly wait for the town to run out resources, they are running on limited supplys as well not to mention surronded by a larger enemie force with no reinforcerments coming to help them. There is also the fact that even if people run out of food they can still last quite a while on defense.

Ousen plan in real life would be suicidal and would never work given the scenario. The part i dont get is that even if by some miracle the city ran out of food before the Qin army and opened the gates Ousen armys would still be running on the limited food supplys they brought (since the city would have depleted their on supplys) and would be surrounded by enemies in all directions. Truth be told all Zhao would have to do is siege the town for a little while till Qin army starved, they had no reinforcements coming to release them (this is a how a proper siege would go).

So ... simply hit-and-run tactics on the left flank?

Great rebuttal, dipshit. That sure addressed and completely negated all the arguments I put forth. Sheesh, your name really suits you.

Get butthurt some more about bad writing being pointed out. Y’all’s fanboyism is showing.

Spoiler

Other replies:
Spoiler

​ ​ ​​​

Agree on the refugee's part, if Germany accept more than 60 million refugee, now that is comparable to Gyou, otherwise apple to orange

Spoiler
To me it looks like Ousen is scared and so keeped the Hi Shin Unit with him :P

No, its Mouten the one who draw the shortest straw.

As usual, Hi Shin will be the wildcard. 

Alright, times up, let's do this! LEEEEROOOY JEENNKINS!!!!

There was a new chapter this morning

Aaaaaand it's gone !

Mouten taking on an entire flank.

The ultimate madman.

Battle of keikakus!

Yotanwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Spoiler

Great rebuttal, dipshit. That sure addressed and completely negated all the arguments I put forth. Sheesh, your name really suits you.Get butthurt some more about bad writing being pointed out. Y’all’s fanboyism is showing. Reply to the right-wing tools:

Spoiler
Other replies:
Spoiler
​ ​ ​​​

You're still fucking stupid.

Spoiler

​ ​ ​​​

^ This guy here needs an award. 

#Retainyoursanityinthisposttruthera

Man, you're fucking stupid.

Spoiler

Other replies:
Spoiler

​ ​ ​​​

After binging through the entire series within weeks, I find myself enjoy re-reading it over a few times. Especially the Coalition Army arcs. 

The Coalition Army Arc is one I re-read also, it's the best one for sure, besides a select few incidents :(.

I do agree with the user you quoted that leaving some read-time is nice.  There was a point about a month or 2 ago that I left 10 chapters to read and it was a really nice read.

Kingdom is a bit slow sometimes, so letting the chapters pile up is a really good thing.

The only issue I have with binging is that you don't let it absorb as much.  I.e., you read a chapter, you think about it for a week, read the next chapter, repeat....

But if you binge 500 chapters, then you're thinking about the bits and pieces you remember from those 500 chapters...   Lets say you read multiple dozen chapters at a time before doing something i.e., food, that will enable you to think about what you read, instead of 1 chapter.

Though, it's hard to resist good material, and try not binging up to the latest chapter.

Wow.  Implying that blindly letting in refugees can economically drain a political state leaving it vulnerable to foreign encroachment?  Sounds like a chapter that the EU might censor for ethnically intolerant hate speech.

God DAMN! I binged this whole series and stopped just at chapter 503... I was both a bit excited but also fatigued after the arc with Hi Shin Unit and Kanki's army, but now that the attack on Gyou is on full effect I'm super glad I decided to wait and binge some more chapters. This series definitely benefits from being able to read volume-to-volume than weekly, so I feel like I'm gonna keep doing that. I guess I'll be missing out on weekly discussions with most of y'all, but tbh it's just awesome knowing there's people who enjoy this stuff just as much--and manage to keep up with this weekly. Good shit to y'all on keeping these scans alive since I doubt this long running series based on Chinese history is likely to get released legally over in NA. That said, Ousen is fucking NUTS and I'm glad for the payoff of him being introduced at the same time as Kanki yet not really being focused on til this arc. I had the same immediate thought about Kanki and his "fourth option" when responding at the meeting. The fact that Ousen came through with the same response made him way more badass and the fact he formulated the strategy while his 2nd in command and crew were fending off enemy troops. Can't wait to see some more crazy action now that they're actually in front of Gyou

After binging through the entire series within weeks, I find myself enjoy re-reading it over a few times. Especially the Coalition Army arcs. 

God DAMN! I binged this whole series and stopped just at chapter 503... I was both a bit excited but also fatigued after the arc with Hi Shin Unit and Kanki's army, but now that the attack on Gyou is on full effect I'm super glad I decided to wait and binge some more chapters. This series definitely benefits from being able to read volume-to-volume than weekly, so I feel like I'm gonna keep doing that. I guess I'll be missing out on weekly discussions with most of y'all, but tbh it's just awesome knowing there's people who enjoy this stuff just as much--and manage to keep up with this weekly. Good shit to y'all on keeping these scans alive since I doubt this long running series based on Chinese history is likely to get released legally over in NA. That said, Ousen is fucking NUTS and I'm glad for the payoff of him being introduced at the same time as Kanki yet not really being focused on til this arc. I had the same immediate thought about Kanki and his "fourth option" when responding at the meeting. The fact that Ousen came through with the same response made him way more badass and the fact he formulated the strategy while his 2nd in command and crew were fending off enemy troops. Can't wait to see some more crazy action now that they're actually in front of Gyou

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics