Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 929votes)

Kingdom

Alt Names: alt キングダムalt Chiến quốcalt 王者天下alt El Reinoalt History of Qinalt Il Regnoalt Kaharianalt Karaļvalstsalt Karalystėalt Kerajaanalt Kongerigealt Koninkrijkalt Krallıkalt Królestwoalt Royaumealt Tsardomalt مملكةalt Кралствоalt Царствоalt ממלכהalt امپراطوری
Author: Hara Yasuhisa
Artist: Hara Yasuhisa
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Millions of years have passed since the times of legends, when the worlds of man and gods were still the same. In these times it was the desires of man that moved the world. It is the era of the 500 year war: The warring states period. Kingdom is the story of a young boy named Shin who grew into a great general and all the trials and bloodshed that lead him there.

Won the 17th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Award Grand Prize.

Related:

> Kingdom one-shots:
1. Li Mu
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/li-mu-r9692 )
2. Meng Wu and Chu Zi (Note: Contain spoilers to future events of the main story)
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/meng-wu-and-chu-zi-r10078 )
Go to Kingdom Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Kingdom Spoiler thread New Window Ace Baragan
  • 6 Replies
Topic Where did the chapters go? New Window Koreachess
  • 1 Replies
Topic Jump attacks and other unreallistic attacks. New Window l3alistic
  • 6 Replies
Topic Most feels death New Window icedpyro
  • 11 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion Thread New Window OnePunchManFan
  • 174 Replies
Topic Does Houken really worth for Zhao 3 heaven general titile? New Window Roxis
  • 0 Replies

4978 Comments

Aaaaaand we're suddenly in the Hokuto No Ken universe. Look at their faces, the wolves.

What's interesting about this chapter is that

Spoiler

Hmm.... Latest chapter on Sensei's site is interesting.  By the way, we have entered the newest Volume boys and girls, congrats!

Spoiler

finally, the main character can be a main character

Ou Sen is sending out Ou Ki's trusted arrow! this should be interesting. Looks like it's time for the old Shin to make a return!

I guess ...

Spoiler

Not trying to start a fight, but it would be appreciated if you edit your post to include spoiler tags, especially since the chapter hasn't even been uploaded here yet, thanks.

Dun-dun-duuun! Kisui’s gonna die! Or is he?

It's great how the  Mangaka is warming us up with some amazing action from Mouten, and Ouhon, but soon we will be presented with Center Stage containing the one and only HSU!

I really cannot wait to see the new and improved HSU in battle.  We did see the Archer Bros, and there was some HSU action at Restubi, but it's time for the HSU to shine brightly in this Zhao battle!  

I'm also wondering if Ousen will send out an invitation to Shin, just as he did with Mouten, to join his army.  That is the reason, I believe, he sent the HSU unit out at Restubi right away... To test them.  He knows about Ouhon, and Mouten, but has never seen the HSU in battle.  He also is curious about the man who inherited Ouki's glaive.  

ch 525: Bananji's Bonanza

Names of ch. 522 and 523 accurately represent today's political situation in the USA.

Spoiler

Let the shitstorm commence.

>USA

>Left wing

Nah, the US has two right ones. One's more about robbing the own country blind, the other is about robbing everyone else blind.

Ouhon being Ouhon. Let’s see if that screws everything up this time.

Names of ch. 522 and 523 accurately represent today's political situation in the USA.

Spoiler

lmao

Spoiler

MouTen is something else

Why would you think that he’s Chinese? He was born in Japan and has a Japanese name.

Because I had heard this was a Chinese work, and it's based on Chinese history....

That's why when I saw the Mangaka I was confused.

While starving is indeed the easiest and most used siege strategy it does not apply to said battle. Qin dosent have the time or the supplyes to leisurelly wait for the town to run out resources, they are running on limited supplys as well not to mention surronded by a larger enemie force with no reinforcerments coming to help them. There is also the fact that even if people run out of food they can still last quite a while on defense.

Ousen plan in real life would be suicidal and would never work given the scenario. The part i dont get is that even if by some miracle the city ran out of food before the Qin army and opened the gates Ousen armys would still be running on the limited food supplys they brought (since the city would have depleted their on supplys) and would be surrounded by enemies in all directions. Truth be told all Zhao would have to do is siege the town for a little while till Qin army starved, they had no reinforcements coming to release them (this is a how a proper siege would go).

Unless the real plan is to force the Zhao to relieve the city, drawing their armies into open battle. It's a bait strategy, not a contest of provisions.

If the Zhao think they'll lift the siege, they'll put supply lines in place so the population don't starve to death after being rescued and you seize their supplies.

And destroying the Western armies means Qin forces along the borders can take all the mountain passes with relative ease and bring the supply line that direction. Or you could route them through the town which everybody abandoned because it was indefensible. If there's no enemy armies in the field the defences don't matter.

Why would you think that he’s Chinese? He was born in Japan and has a Japanese name.

Idk gents, this battle is making me crazy and going so damn slow that I think I'm going to wait for 20 chapters to see what's going to happen...  

BTW is this a Japanese written Manga, or is this a Chinese written Manga?  I thought this was written by a Chinese author from what has been discussed in the past, but I could be wrong.

Waiting for Riboku to make my pulse rise by making some nasty comeback

The death flags were raised high for the old man in Mouten's crew, I'm glad to see he is okay, as I was scared for him for the last couple of chapters.

Putting Mouten's army in peril actually allows them to shine greater.

I have a hard time believing that things really will go that smoothly for Mouten ...

Ha! Get Parthian'd.

"General, wait! That's not all! This isn't even their final form(ation)!"

I used to win battles with almost this exact method in Total War: Shogun 2 multiplayer battles all the time, highly fun and effective!

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics