Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.45 - 67votes)

Kabu no Isaki

Alt Names: alt 井崎的飞机alt 伊佐木的飞机alt カブのイサキalt Isaki of the Cub
Author: Ashinano Hitoshi
Artist: Ashinano Hitoshi
Genres: Adventure AdventurePsychological PsychologicalSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Living in the boonies, one must give great consideration to how they will get around when they turn 16. Isaki has just turned 16 and his choice of transportation is his neighbor's Piper Cub. It might be old, but it flies well. One day he decides to fly over the 2,000m-high Ogusu mountain range to see the tower his neighbor is always talking about. But for some reason his plane feels too heavy and is using fuel faster than planned. Will he make it to the airport or crash in the bushes? And just what was making the plane feel so heavy?

Originally a one-shot, but became a regular feature in Afternoon due to its popularity.
Go to Kabu no Isaki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Chapter 48: The Cub and Isaki {Spoilers} New Window xsirhc
  • 10 Replies
Topic Chapter 46: From the Roadside New Window wtrmute
  • 6 Replies
Topic Set in the YKK universe? New Window Archmage Lezard
  • 2 Replies

124 Comments

So many updates in a week. Me happy =w=

So the world became ten times bigger

more likely the people shrink (Mother Nature response to pollution)

So the world became ten times bigger?

Apparently.  I had known before that the gimmick here was that the world was ten times larger, but I hadn't known that it had *changed* to become ten times larger.  I wonder what caused the change?  Knowing Ashinano-sensei, he'll probably never tell us.

Thanks for the new chapter Roselia Scans!

Isaki should have taken the offer. Feels like a mistake to linger on any longer.

So the world became ten times bigger?

Thanks, Roselia.  I really enjoyed this chapter.  It kind of has the soul of the whole manga in it.

Thanks a ton for this beautiful chapter!!! 

I really like the calming factor in this manga.

Ah, so relaxing....

Thanks for the new chapter' this has become one of my favorites

Thanks a lot for the chapter!!!!  Btw, does some one has pics of Hitoshi Ashinano (other than that of the wiki)? I would appreciate it very much!

Thanks, Roselia.  Good chapter, great manga.

Thanks, Roselia.  I really loved the two new chapters.  Why is it that just reading something by Ashinano Hitoshi can make you feel that life is really great?

In all honesty. I'd rather enjoy a short story that has a great ending and wraps up really well... than something that gets dragged on until its nothing of its former self used like a cheap... well you get the idea. I hope this one ens on a great note. I so enjoy slice of life manga so much.

It's almost done it seems, thank you so much for the new chapters.

Absolutely fantastic new chapter. I'm super excited to see what the final volume brings.

Neko-san is cute

Thanks, Roselia, for the great new chapter.  This seems to me to have a slightly more surreal tone to it than YKK, but I really love it.  As one commenter put it in the forums about YKK, "Why am I feeling nostalgia for a place that never existed and I never ran into before?"  I think that is the real secret of Ashinano Sensei's writing.  Everything I've read by him has that feeling, almost like he's writing about my forgotten childhood dreams.

Normally I'd take Neko-san's catlike looks as just an odd stylization, but this mangaka've put weirder things in his works, so I can't help wondering...

It probably isn't anything like that, but who knows.

Thanks Roselia!!!

I'll quote my previous chapter comment. 

Comment on the chapter: what.... is..... going..... on...... here...... ???????

What do you mean?

Is the plot confusing??

Are there too many ellipsis? ...

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Thanks Roselia!!!

I'll quote my previous chapter comment. 

Comment on the chapter: what.... is..... going..... on...... here...... ???????

One of the best slice-of-life writer. You just can't let it go

and when you hit that end and you just want more and realize you can't continue

man...

Okaaaayy...

Have have absolutely no clue what just happened, gah! Damn you vague lady!

Thanks for the chapter Roselia. Comment on the chapter: what.... is..... going..... on...... here...... ???????

!!! Finally another full comic by Ashinano! I'm definitely going to read this asap! :D I loved Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. C:

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics