Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.45 - 67votes)

Kabu no Isaki

Alt Names: alt 井崎的飞机alt 伊佐木的飞机alt カブのイサキalt Isaki of the Cub
Author: Ashinano Hitoshi
Artist: Ashinano Hitoshi
Genres: Adventure AdventurePsychological PsychologicalSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Living in the boonies, one must give great consideration to how they will get around when they turn 16. Isaki has just turned 16 and his choice of transportation is his neighbor's Piper Cub. It might be old, but it flies well. One day he decides to fly over the 2,000m-high Ogusu mountain range to see the tower his neighbor is always talking about. But for some reason his plane feels too heavy and is using fuel faster than planned. Will he make it to the airport or crash in the bushes? And just what was making the plane feel so heavy?

Originally a one-shot, but became a regular feature in Afternoon due to its popularity.
Go to Kabu no Isaki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Chapter 48: The Cub and Isaki {Spoilers} New Window xsirhc
  • 10 Replies
Topic Chapter 46: From the Roadside New Window wtrmute
  • 6 Replies
Topic Set in the YKK universe? New Window Archmage Lezard
  • 2 Replies

124 Comments

my thought

Spoiler

My thoughts:

Spoiler

my thought

Spoiler

The title for the most recent chapter, Chapter 47, the site has it as "Two of Shiro" rather than "Time of Shiro"

I have an awful, awful feeling that the plot is about to twist like a horrible M. Night Shamalyan movie.

And that I'm going to rageflip a table.

I understand nothing! Still awesome manga though :D

Next would be the final chapter?

Who is Kajika again?

Didn't understand, but I liked it.

I only care about one thing: some fruitful romance between Shiro and Isaki!

Thanks, Roselia.  I love this manga, and anything else written by Asinano Sensei.  

THE PLOT THICKENS.

Well.

Somewhat.

the ending is near (two chapters)

Anime adaptation when?

Oh man, this is building up to something big(literally)

interesting chapter

Spoiler

ch. 1 page 32 ;)

http://vatoto.com/read/_/10300/kabu-no-isaki_v1_ch1_by_yokohama-kaidashi-kikou-manga-scanlations/32

interesting chapter

Spoiler

There is something inherently creepy about the world winding down, let alone the vast distances experienced. Hazy fog makes me think of The Afterlife for some reason.

Isaki is about to the told something important that he won't be allowed to remember. I sense some massive adventure is about to start.

ahhh my brain! 

um, wat?

"コン コン"

◉_◉

Thanks for the chapter Roselia!!! 

I did some searching on the web, and all I could come up with was the same picture that's on a google search and on mangaupdates (where he is standing in front of the microphone).  His fan club site: http://mugen.ac/cafe-alpha/   wouldn't load on my computer (my browser couldn't find it). 

Thanks, I guess that site is not working anymore. 

I feel like something important is going to happen

"Now then..."

ʘ_ʘ

I didn't know the word voyage was also an english word. That's cool.

Thanks a lot for the chapter!!!!  Btw, does some one has pics of Hitoshi Ashinano (other than that of the wiki)? I would appreciate it very much!

I did some searching on the web, and all I could come up with was the same picture that's on a google search and on mangaupdates (where he is standing in front of the microphone).  His fan club site: http://mugen.ac/cafe-alpha/   wouldn't load on my computer (my browser couldn't find it). 

Wow!  Lots of chapters lately for a real favorite of mine.  It's really hard to get enough of Asninano Hitoshi's works.  For me, his works are a visual version of Kenneth Graham's books with a little Lewis Carroll thrown in.  Carefree, enjoyable, nostalgic, and set in a world I would create if only I had as great an imagination as he possesses.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics