Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 116votes)

Moteki

Alt Names: alt モテキ
Author: Kubo Mitsurou
Artist: Kubo Mitsurou
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One day, Fujimoto, a 29-year-old temp worker (whose age equals the number of years he’s lived without a girlfriend) suddenly receives a surge of calls and emails all at once from the women connected to his past. That’s right, he’s finally hit popularity, something which comes only once in a lifetime for everyone! Feeling elated, Fujimoto decides to meet them one after the other…or so the story goes.

Nominated for the 3rd Manga Taisho Award (2010).
Go to Moteki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 15 Replies

219 Comments

I felt bad for him then. But now, I think he's just an imbecile. There's a limit to how kind/stupid you can be. 

tumblr_mrwabpzEd91rf3wd1o1_250.gif

hey dude can you pm me what will happened? please im already dying to know what will happened ive been following this manga for a years already

for what I see from the raws

Spoiler

at first it was fun, even you can feel like the guy for some moments, but then it's too much and you start getting pissed, that really is a strong self-hate, his level of low confidence is too damn high!!

Ya, it's getting beyond irritating at this point. He's like some kind of character from an old B&W comedy that is so dense that being dense is his only characteristic at this point. 

The girl probably is just using him because he is weak, but there is a point where you just go with the flow man and stop over thinking things. Of course, there would be no drama or much story I guess if he had woken up, "Hey, I might as well use this moteki to enjoy life, get laid a few times, and hopefully one of them will stick and become a life partner." 

Ah...so I watched the tv-show since I couldn´t wait....if the tv-show is a true adaptation (which it seems to be, going by what´s translated) of the manga,

Spoiler

*Punch a wall

EDIT:

Just finished watching Moteki (J-drama/tv-show).....it hurts a whole lot, but the journey is going to be worth it. If the show was a true adaptation of the manga, you can all expect to gain something valuable from reading this manga to the end.

*Sniff, manly tears today.

hey dude can you pm me what will happened? please im already dying to know what will happened ive been following this manga for a years already

Man, I really hope the NTR calms down. If it keeps happening to this guy, the joke gets old. Seems like his best chance at a "normal" relationship is Doi Aki if he can just shake his self-defeatism for once. Part of his problem is that he treats every situation/girl the same so he lets the hangups from the previous person screw up the next one. 

at first it was fun, even you can feel like the guy for some moments, but then it's too much and you start getting pissed, that really is a strong self-hate, his level of low confidence is too damn high!!

I wait for the day when the MC decides to finally grow some balls.

looking at your avatar makes it funny.

Ah...so I watched the tv-show since I couldn´t wait....if the tv-show is a true adaptation (which it seems to be, going by what´s translated) of the manga,

Spoiler

*Punch a wall

EDIT:

Just finished watching Moteki (J-drama/tv-show).....it hurts a whole lot, but the journey is going to be worth it. If the show was a true adaptation of the manga, you can all expect to gain something valuable from reading this manga to the end.

*Sniff, manly tears today.

with the history of protagonists in the romance field (I blame seo-sensei), we know the odds of that happening is like winning the lottery. You're gonna be waitin' a looooong time mate

Lewd

just face it guys, every other girl he meets will be taken by someone else and he will only be together with someone when the story ends. this is like miyamoto but only with 'almost' moments.

LOL people, stop saying NTR. That term is so misused, there´s no NTR here, this is not an eroge/hentai. Even if this was hentai, the MC isn´t even together with Doi nor seems to want to (since he´s so dense right now).

kita━(゚∀゚)━!!!

So, how much does the manga differentiate from the tv series? I've watched it and also the movie.

Oh, and Doi Aki best girl.

MAN! THIS NTR FEELING IS FREAKING NOSTALGIC!!
I HATE IT!!

Let arc end soon please... Carabet mangaka's weird stares are really getting to me =.=

I like it....but hell, all this NTR vibe is making me want to kill. 
I'm so gonna kill someone! And the MC has a godly ability to hit all the wrong buttons, he's slamming them! 

Aki is pretty great so far - I like that we're seeing how she thinks, makes her pretty believable.

Oh, and someone hit Fujimoto. Hard. Or do something, I don't know. His lack of confidence is literally what ruins everything. I CHANGED MY MIND, NUKE THIS GUY FROM ORBIT

SERIOUSLY (Next section spoilered for length)

Spoiler

I've changed my mind. I really, really hope Aki just gives up on this fool and moves on, because at this point the idea of anyone having to be in a relationship with this guy sounds like torture. That is, of course, unless he realizes that his situation isn't hopeless and he's not the loser he thinks he is. But I suspect that will be a long, long journey of character development.

damn, its been so long i had to re-read the previous chapter. at least its nice to see an update.

Nice thanks for the update. 

update woohoooo :D thanks

Aki is best girl. Make her yours fgt

comebackplz.gif?1Is that a mirage?! NOOOO IT'S AN UPDATE!!!

i dont like where this is going

I just hope this doesn´t end like the live action =.="

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics