Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 146votes)

Gakuen Babysitters

Alt Names: alt Academy Babysittersalt 学園ベビーシッターズalt 学园保姆alt 学园Babysittersalt 學園奶爸alt 學園Babysittersalt นักเรียนพี่เลี้ยงเด็กalt Escuela de Niñerosalt School Babysitte
Author: Tokeino Hari
Artist: Tokeino Hari
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After their parents are killed in a plane crash, Ryuuichi and his younger brother Kotarou are taken in by the chairman, who they never met before, of an elite academy. Ryuuichi becomes the school daycare's new babysitter.
Go to Gakuen Babysitters Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic NoseBleed New Window xscraid
  • 0 Replies
Topic Gakuen Babysitters' characters' name trivia New Window Rou
  • 2 Replies
Topic Missing Pages in Chapter 17 New Window Vance Finiraldi
  • 6 Replies
Topic Who is that guy at the beginning of ch 30? New Window joditc
  • 0 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion (Spoilers) New Window Liar
  • 2 Replies

358 Comments

Angry Midori is best Midori.

I like the punk barber.

Which chapter is that again?

ch. 69.

i was going to wait til the chapter gap was filled but ch 71 was just too cute!

I like the punk barber.

Which chapter is that again?

CDN NYC

page 31

anyone else got this ?

that page is the conclusion and there will be a huge cliffhanger without that page.

fixed :)

Aaauuuggghhhh that one grown up kids panel... I'm emotions,

CDN NYC

page 31

anyone else got this ?

that page is the conclusion and there will be a huge cliffhanger without that page.

I like the punk barber.

And in that moment, Kamitani knew, he screwed up.

That one saved my heart from yesterday's Nukoduke! :)

Housewife is actually a cultural misunderstanding here. The term in Japanese is 主婦, which is commonly translated as housewife in English, but actually the true meaning is the mistress of the house.

In English, as PLG said, housewife has the connotation of a woman who stays at home and takes care of the household/her husband/her children.

In Japanese, the 主婦(shufu) is the head of household rather than the husband. She makes all decisions for the household, including all financial matters, or even when/where to go on vacation. The salaryman husband is expected to give his entire salary to his wife, who then makes all purchasing decisions, and may give him a small allowance to purchase some personal things such as for hobbies or to go drinking with his friends. This is true regardless of whether she is working as a career woman or not.

We do not have an equivalent term in English that is as convenient to use because households in Western countries generally do not operate the same way, which is why it has become common to use housewife when translated.

There is actually a specific term that is correctly translated as housewife, which is 専業主婦(sengyou shufu). Translated literally, it means a woman whose sole occupation is the mistress of the house. It would never be used to describe a woman who handles both work and home life, unlike 主婦.

Midori with the sunglasses: top quality content. The world needs more rad babies. (who am I kidding, all babies are rad)

Thoughts on the chapter:

Spoiler

? Can't you be a housewife AND a teacher?

My experience of the word "housewife" is that it is specific to women without jobs outside the home; a woman who works full time is not a "housewife" even if she has kids and does housework when she gets home.  So, no, for the word as I know it you can't be a housewife and a teacher.

This might sound rude, but does this series have a consistent proofreader? Some chapters have "Tamitani" and "Kotaru" used throughout the chapter.

You have obviously skipped the first page.

Oh lawd... it's 'Usaida'. Hope it didn't confuse you in anyway!

This might sound rude, but does this series have a consistent proofreader? Some chapters have "Tamitani" and "Kotaru" used throughout the chapter.

Spoiler

So is it Usaida or Uruida? I'm pretty sure it's the former, but the current translator has used both in he same chapter... lol

Oh lawd... it's 'Usaida'. Hope it didn't confuse you in anyway!

So is it Usaida or Uruida? I'm pretty sure it's the former, but the current translator has used both in he same chapter... lol

Freaking adorable as usually, but why does usaida call the mothers "housewives", I mean, they are teachers that's the main driving force for this story?

Probabbly because they are the ones in their homes who do the house keeping. That's why they want the free rice so bad.

Thoughts on the chapter:

Spoiler

Freaking adorable as usually, but why does usaida call the mothers "housewives", I mean, they are teachers that's the main driving force for this story?

? Can't you be a housewife AND a teacher?

I was just smiling and enjoying this chapter full of cuteness when all of a sudden Taka in page 15 totally killed me LOL

Spoiler

there's a sudden skip to ch 78, is it a numbering mix up? just curious.

Nope, there's no mix-up whatsoever. Our group decided to release the ongoing magazine chapters first since most of the chapters doesn't run a continuous plot. 

I ship Kotaru and Kirin!!!

there's a sudden skip to ch 78, is it a numbering mix up? just curious.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics