Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.99 - 95votes)

Ani ga Imouto de Imouto ga Ani de

Alt Names: alt Ani-Imoalt 亦兄亦妹alt 兄が妹で妹が兄で。
Author: Kurumatani Haruko
Artist: Kutumatani Haruko
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Youta and Hikaru, a twin pair of siblings, have grown up together and been close all their life. Since their parents are gone from dusk til dawn running a bar, Youta has stepped into the role of housewife of the family, cooking, cleaning, and generally getting things done. His twin sister Hikaru has always had trouble showing emotion, thereby leading to people misunderstanding her and showing fear of her. One morning after certain things come to light about their family, Youta and Hikaru are involved in a car accident. Upon awakening, they find they've switched bodies!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aria_%28magazine%29

This is a manga published in a Shoujo magazine. Please do not edit Demographic to Shounen or Josei.
Go to Ani ga Imouto de Imouto ga Ani de Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Brother/Sister body swap recommendations list New Window JESUS IS LOVE
  • 1 Replies

163 Comments

where's ch 7-11???

The Ani ga Imouto de Imouto ga Ani de volume 7 will be the final volume.

The sad thing about this is, them not posting it here only guarantees it doesn't show up in good quality. It's still going to show up compressed and watermarked on other sites. Especially for releases that, honestly speaking, lack editing. Which hurts even more when the translation is incredibly literal in the first place. And they leave so many useless pages in chapters -- I've seen up to 10/50. >.>

I'm a bit of a completionist though, so I've still been importing the volumes. Just got Vol5 in my last Honto order.

As someone who absolutely loves gender-bending and bodyswapping, I cannot in good conscience recommend this manga.

The series starts off good if not a little slow, and the switch happens just as you think it's going to find good pacing... right before it loses it. The switch is pulled off decently, but the mood whiplash that hits as soon as Hikari starts to express her true intentions is unforgivable. From there, the two characters are incredibly hard to relate to, the pacing gets even more off track, and the story just becomes annoying.

I find Hikari impossible to sympathize with. As for Haruta, in his desire not to hurt anyones' feelings, he's only hurting himself.

The scanslators have done a fantastic job, but that doesn't excuse the manga itself. All in all, the switch is a good concept, but the overall story is lacking.

The group that is releasing this has released chapters up to 9, but they have some ridiculous restricting distribution system, which is most likely why no new chapters show up here.

I really hope the next two chapters get released soon... Seems it has been quite a while, but the subbing group hasn't actually dropped it according to their page...

Dat was hawt.

Off to Fakku! AWAY!!

this had a good start, then the switch happened, and it got a bit annoying. there a a lot of good jokes, but they never seem to have the right amount of pacing. This manga needed to have at least two more chapters before the sister went crazy in her brothers body, allowing a re-adjustment to the new normal, and a nice buildup to the sisters declaration in having her brother all to herself.

BZLb3P2.gif

best blank manga page I've ever seen

what if it's a troll and they aren't actually going to swap back?

Switching back so soon?

B-but, they fit so well in each others' bodies...

How will Youta handle Hikaru now?

So the time has come for them to switch bodies again. I wonder if Hikaru will still be taking the offensive in her original body.

37419315.jpg

New chapter >.< thanks you so much ~

They changed back? so quickly?! I didn't expect that...

i... this... god this is just too much i can't take it.

Yami Hikari what an oxymoron, Parents failed to name or raise their child properly
To all wondering, when scanlators request waiting a day to post chapters (to increase their own site's traffic) Batoto respects this; that's why you see a chapter updated on Batoto but can't actually read it until later. Many other online manga reading sites (notably MangaFox and MangaHere) are out for their own profit and don't respect the wishes of the people who actually scanlate.
Great new chapter, thanks a lot Chibi Manga!!

well, what can I say about next chapter...

@RLLBcheese
Not really the point is it? Do you know how much effort is put in into just doing ONE chapter? That's why the scanlators are always fucking pissed at leechers taking their hard work and just throw it around everywhere for people to see as if it's they own it.
And this "but being left behind because of that" speech implying your one of them.
It seems that Mangafox doesn't have, or doesn't obey, delays. Batoto is probably doing the right thing, but is being left behind because of that.
most likely has to do with the delay...
What happened to the fourth chapter
Yaya update

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics