Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 872votes)

Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There!

Alt Names: alt เกท:หน่วยรบตะลุยโลกต่างมิติalt ゲート 自衛隊彼の地にて、斯く戦えりalt Gate - Au delà de la portealt Gate - Jieitai Kare no chi nite, Kaku Tatakaerialt Gate - Where the JSDF Foughtalt Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There!alt Gate: Where the JSDF Fought
Author: Yanai Takumi
Artist: Sao Satoru
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSmut SmutSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One day in the 21st century, a gate opened in the middle of the Ginza district of Tokyo. Out of the gate poured soldiers and strange creatures, and they soon made Ginza look like an image of hell. The gate apparently connected Japan to another world, a world with a militant empire and many supernatural creatures. The Japanese Self-Defense Force decided to send a small group, led by a soldier who's also an otaku, into the other world on a reconnaissance mission. They're meant to learn what they can about the empire (and its plans), the world, and the people.

They're hardly in the world yet, though, when they come across a village destroyed by a giant fire-breathing dragon. The only survivor is an unconscious elven girl they find hidden in a well. Now they feel like they must warn the nearby towns about the dragon, and do what they can to help. On the way, they'll meet more magical, female companions, and learn more about this dangerous new world.

http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/138000030/

adapted from the web/light novel series of the same name

Spin-offs:
Gate - Order of The Rose Knights: Piña Colada age 14.
Gate - The Starry Heavens
Go to Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Gate released chapters discussion. New Window truepurple
  • 8 Replies
Topic Gate - JSDF Introductions & Discussion Thread (May Contain Spoilers!) New Window Tio Alexander
  • 93 Replies
Topic What technology would you like to see on the other side? New Window nininga
  • 3 Replies
Topic What if a gate appeared in your country? New Window remmy
  • 43 Replies
Topic Web/Light Novels New Window Alchaeus
  • 3 Replies
Topic Changed the title due to English license of GATE New Window rtwpsom2
  • 1 Replies

3422 Comments

Posted Image
If anyone is interested in how /ak/ scans works: http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/70089916/
Chapter 8 progress: The chapter has been translated but it still needs to be cleaned and typeset.
Piña...colada?

Oh, the Emperor is such a troll. He must have been seriously wasted when he named her as such xD
gimma a a -10 warhog... brrrrrrr dead dragon!! bahh there not using the right shells, there using normal lead, not the AP rounds.

still love this keep up the good work favorited this by a ton!
Followed favorited liked everything, Why didn't I see this before!
One more thing. Before I started working with Seitsuki I used a different, partial translation to do chapter 8, mostly as a quick test. The translation has couple of gaps and has awkward phrasing everywhere in addition to the low resolution webraws and a poor cleaning and typesetting job, so that's true QUALITY material there (which is why I abandoned it in the first place).

It's somewhat readable, though, so if anyone is impatient to know what happens next (hint: not much, it's a slow chapter) I can post a link as an advance. Just please, if I do, don't upload it as a chapter here (or anywhere else, for that matter).
@ChicagoTed, KidCongo: Actually, the first 3 chapters have nothing to do with /ak/ or 4chan. They were released at Animesuki. No big deal, but it would help to distinguish the webraws TL from a possible future HQ scanlation.

BTW, a small update from our group. Chapter 11 is done and chapters 12 and 10 (I kinda forgot vol. 1 only goes up to ch.9, so we started with the wrong one :P) are under way, so when team 4chan finishes their part we'll have the manga up to date in a jiffy.
Hello, here is for those who want to read the raw of chapter 8 clean(good quality): http://www.mediafire.com/?0qb39w1k8yj0679
(sorry for the bad english,google translator)
I am glad that Spanish readers could now read this, but the disappointment when I found out it wasn't a new chapter....tooo sad T.T
Thanks for telling us qwerty and thank to all the people that worked on this ' Arigatou gazaimazu XD !
delayed release?
it's okay, we're still gonna love you forever.
Spoiler

First page of Chapter 8.
One of the typesetters are taking a break for a week so the next release might be for a while.
Thanks for telling me of the novel's existence!
I just can't stop checking this manga for updates every 15 minutes! It's just so great!
@William Huynh 50cal can penetrate dragon scales, and 7.62mm bullets don't have problems against wyverns, you can see a bunch of bullet holes on those scales. The problem is that elder dragons (flame dragons) scales are much tougher and difficult to kill, and that even if you penetrate the scales, a flame dragon is a lot bigger than a human being and can deal with a slowed down 50cal, a human can't, and wyvern's scales aren't much better than kevlar.
I'm curious about the end-market usage of wyvern scales.. If a 50 cal doesn't scratch a full grown adult dragon, then damn these military guys are dumb.. Learn to recycle.. Animals..

And yes, the price of those scales is going to plummet! Capitalism ho, indeed!
Sriously it makes me want to translate it in french and do a french version for french readers. But doing it alone ... aw i ve fall in love with this XD."L'amour d'un passionné."
Instant follow. Fresh and easy to read.
Good luck with that. When it says novels, they're not kidding. Light novels are one thing, but full length door stopper volumes are another.
Don't forget to go to Baka-tsuki's project page and the feedback forum to ask them to continue translating the novels!
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Gate_-_Thus_the_JSDF_Fought_There
This, friends, is the dream manga.
Smart, great art, good setting...altogether, just super freaking interesting.
Anyway, that Rori McIlroy Mercury looks like she's going to be a problem...
I wonder what will happen if a Tsar Bomba was throwing in there...
@Vile there is 1 female wind magician in the battle in vol 2. First frame she appears you see her going all wild during the siege. Later on you see her casting wind spells and deflecting arrows, and a few pages later going all WTF when the JSDF starts fucking shit up and she notices she can't deflect bullets with wind. Final frame she appears bound among the prisoners.
@meinburn no, but i do know quite a few novels about modern people/armis thrown back in time. such as 1632 series, axis of time series, island in the sea of time (nantucket series), etc
Also, there's a manga similar to this with the universal ideal thing, Drifters.
somebody knows manga like this?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics