Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 484votes)

Spirit Circle

Alt Names: alt スピリットサークルalt 魂环alt 魂環alt Ruh Çemberi
Author: Mizukami Satoshi
Artist: Mizukami Satoshi
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Fuuta Okeya is a normal 14-year-old boy, except for the fact that he has the ability to see ghosts. A cute girl transfers into his class one day, but acts particularly aggressive towards him. This girl called Kouko Ishigami is followed around by a ghost called East. Fuuta tries to get along with her but ends up failing after she sees the birthmark he usually keeps covered. She then declares him as her enemy, his birthmark as a cursed brand and claims they have a long history, while talking about reincarnation. Who is this girl and how are they connected?
Go to Spirit Circle Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Concluding thoughts... How was it? New Window Omerlife
  • 5 Replies
Topic Thus, I reviewed Spirit Circle New Window Swifft
  • 0 Replies
Topic To conclude... How was it? New Window Omerlife
  • 0 Replies
Topic Honest Thoughts New Window CPainter307
  • 0 Replies
Topic Wow, just , marvellous New Window WaterlyWinds
  • 5 Replies

530 Comments

Wait, Toudai? Oh, poor Fuuta, that's just an impossibly high bar that has been set for him.... With his academic ability, getting in there will be next to impossible without a herculean dose of luck...Ah well, in the worst case scenario, he'll just have to give up on getting together with her in this life and wait until his next life where he's hopefully reborn as someone smarter.

Spoiler

Spoiler

So many references!

Yo and their feet are 4 elements, water, wind, fire, and earth!

Wait, Toudai? Oh, poor Fuuta, that's just an impossibly high bar that has been set for him.... With his academic ability, getting in there will be next to impossible without a herculean dose of luck...Ah well, in the worst case scenario, he'll just have to give up on getting together with her in this life and wait until his next life where he's hopefully reborn as someone smarter.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The handshake felt across all of time. I felt that in my chest. 

Neat. I kinda want to see a non-fantasy romcom from this author after a flashforward epilogue or something. 

Also, it seems that the author really likes this 'growth' and 'back to normalcy' thing. I wonder how he'll pull that off in Sengoku Youko.

I hope we get extras for Spirit Circle like the ones we got for Samidare, those were really great.

Spoiler

Kouko, Rune, East & Fuuta?

Goddammit, that was perfect. The resolution, their final interactions, Mizukami even named the last chapter "Fuuta 1" to mark the real start of Fuuta's story. (WHICH WE WON'T GET TO SEE, DAMMITALL)

I really, really want to be mad that this series wasn't another 45 chapters longer, but this is too damn good of an ending. I can't even be upset.

This man is just so good at writing manga that it doesn't even feel fair to the other authors I love. His stories have everything I love, and then some more on the side I never would have expected. Bravo, Mizukami, bravo. You have once again broken my heart and made me feel grateful for doing so.

I'll be waiting on the next series with frustrated anticipation and excitement. For now, back to Sengoku Youko for the blowout finale fights and another heartbreaking end to a series.

Spoiler

Crunchyroll, supporting the industry? You couldn't be more wrong if you said two plus two is fish. If you weren't around for crunchyroll's early days and don't know why it's a cancer and plague on the community and the creator is a thieving piece of trash that made millions off the stupidity of others, help yourself to an archive crawl.

They started as a group that streamed fansubs, after removing the credits and stealing the credit for themselves. They charged for this service, made a lot of money, then got bought out. Now they just put out poor image quality, poor video quality, mediocre translation work and encodes and spew out DMCAs all over the internet anytime they see something get popular. And when people like you hand over money they pay tiny fixed licensing fees to an industry that doesn't care about it's foreign market and makes almost nothing from it. If you want to support the industry, you buy the BDs, original books or the merch, which actually funnels money into the industry instead of giving 99% of it to an oxygen thief company that actively dumps on the community that created it. Without the fansubbing / scanlating scene a lot of series would never have come over here to begin with.

This old post summed it up nicely and crunchyroll has only gotten worse since. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=264087&show=20#msg9654453

They didn't even have a manga service in 2010, and now that they do their spewing of DMCAs is more obnoxious than it was then.

Personally, I don't think you have a single clue of what you're talking about.  Remember that this stuff isn't exactly legal and it actually angers the people who originally wrote it.  So stop whining about it when it gets taken down by a source that's actually paying for the rights to use it, or the owners.

Sure sounded like it! Mizukami seems to like throwing in these subtle nods to the possibility of his works coexisting in a hypothetical multi-setting from time to time.

Also, the page with the "gods". The gods were speaking about Samidare and Sengoku Youko right? (Planet crushing esper, mutant fused scholar priest, white god's child)

Wow, I did NOT catch that at all. Thank you.

Crunchyroll, supporting the industry? You couldn't be more wrong if you said two plus two is fish. If you weren't around for crunchyroll's early days and don't know why it's a cancer and plague on the community and the creator is a thieving piece of trash that made millions off the stupidity of others, help yourself to an archive crawl.

They started as a group that streamed fansubs, after removing the credits and stealing the credit for themselves. They charged for this service, made a lot of money, then got bought out. Now they just put out poor image quality, poor video quality, mediocre translation work and encodes and spew out DMCAs all over the internet anytime they see something get popular. And when people like you hand over money they pay tiny fixed licensing fees to an industry that doesn't care about it's foreign market and makes almost nothing from it. If you want to support the industry, you buy the BDs, original books or the merch, which actually funnels money into the industry instead of giving 99% of it to an oxygen thief company that actively dumps on the community that created it. Without the fansubbing / scanlating scene a lot of series would never have come over here to begin with.

This old post summed it up nicely and crunchyroll has only gotten worse since. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=264087&show=20#msg9654453
They didn't even have a manga service in 2010, and now that they do their spewing of DMCAs is more obnoxious than it was then.

WOA there, ace, calm down. I'm not the one who pays Crunchyroll, and couldn't even if I wanted to. I just support the industry by buying the occasional manga volume that meanders on through my local bookstore.

Great story from beginning to end, my favourite by Mizukami yet.

Seriously, this mangaka makes the best stuff. 

The very best

Seriously, this mangaka makes the best stuff. 

In terms of quality Funi and the other streaming sites are even worse. They also don't even have a manga service (which I want way more than anime). CR is bad (especially their reader) but they're the best of the bunch from what I can see at least.

It sucks that the only translated Mizukami books are incomplete Biscuit Hammer volumes.

What's missing from the Biscuit Hammer volumes? I've bought the five two-in-one books released by Seven Seas.
...Damn. Am I the only one who feels it just ended too fast? There was so much more that could have been done with the memories of past incarnations, it feels like it jumped into the final boss battle way too soon.
But then, I guess Mizukami-sensei knows his story better. I'll be sad to see it go, for sure. :/

Amazing from start to finish. It even managed to have a satisfying ending which seems like a rare thing these days. Definitely in my top 5 manga ever.

Also, the page with the "gods". The gods were speaking about Samidare and Sengoku Youko right? (Planet crushing esper, mutant fused scholar priest, white god's child)

Sure sounded like it! Mizukami seems to like throwing in these subtle nods to the possibility of his works coexisting in a hypothetical multi-setting from time to time.

Damn, so good. Again.

is this the end?

Chapter 45 in Chinese version:

http://www.dm5.com/m245411/

That page 14 <3

I liked the premise and the journey at the start. Since crunchyroll took it up I had to go to other sites, can't even find it in bookstore. Glad to see it back here again. And wow. The story just became even more amazing in my eyes. This is gotta be one of my best reads. Though sometimes it hurts my head thinking about death +.+ Could go on and on but looks like I'm far from the only one loving this manga.

In terms of quality Funi and the other streaming sites are even worse. They also don't even have a manga service (which I want way more than anime). CR is bad (especially their reader) but they're the best of the bunch from what I can see at least.

It sucks that the only translated Mizukami books are incomplete Biscuit Hammer volumes.

Apart from generally supporting the industry, that is a very good question.

It's not sad, it's happy.

I'm not crying, it's raining. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

To be fair, they're late only on one chapter. Raws are leaked before they get released in Japan (I think it's because raws are leaked during the shipping to the stores).

You'd think those uploaders would think it unwise to narrow the search field from 'everyone who has touched this book' to 'people who process orders'; still a big group I'd imagine, but much smaller than all of Japan.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics