Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.6 - 221votes)

Jin

Alt Names: alt
Author: Murakami Motoka
Artist: Murakami Motoka
Genres: Adventure AdventureAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalMedical MedicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: As a result of a strange encounter with a mysterious carcinogenic fetus he found inside a patient’s skull, brain surgeon MINAKATA Jin has slipped back through time. Equipped with modern medical knowledge, he faces various fatal diseases and injuries. Then, he meets the ordinary people of Edo as well as illustrious figures, and his surgical knife carves out a new history and story of life.

Won the 15th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Award Grand Prize.
Go to Jin Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Jin's author is on Patreon New Window kanimiso
  • 1 Replies
Topic Jin is back! New Window albedo1`
  • 3 Replies
Topic i bet this actor had a cancer or somthing else :P New Window cool_de_luxe
  • 0 Replies

230 Comments

Spoiler

Question:

Spoiler

For a complete story, the updates are slooooow

Well, eight volumes down, twelve to go.  No more spoilers from me, as I really don't have any except one which may be only in the live drama.  If past performance is any predictor of future returns, this series will take another seven years to scanlate.  Not that EGS is slow, but rather because the series is long.

Could be worse: Zipang, another time-bending series I follow, is also scanlating in the eighth volume.  But that series has 43 volumes.

Truthfully, the whole arc is spoiled due to the live-action drama. If anyone care to look it up that is.

The whole manga is ruined because I already read the whole 20 volumes of it ;p

And yes, I did watch the Live action, but it didn't go far enough imo - its been a while but I dont remember much happened after this arc in the live action. Which really is sad since we never got to see how Saki truly shined with her asthmatic friend.

That and the (This probably will need the spoiler box):

Spoiler

Truthfully, the whole arc is spoiled due to the live-action drama. If anyone care to look it up that is.

Despite knowing what'll happen thanks to the spoilers... I still feel bad for Jin. This chapter was definitely painful, and Rpapo did warn us.

I disagree with that, somewhat.  Though I am not a history major (I needed to get a degree that would help me earn a living), I have read a lot of history.  But at the same time, I have read a lot of science fiction.  Hard science fiction.  And the basic premise of hard science fiction is to change one aspect of reality and follow it through to the logical consequences.  Alternate history, when properly written, does the same thing: it changes one aspect of known history and follows the consequences to a logical conclusion.

When properly done, it can be interesting and need not result in a migraine.

And then there is so-called "alternate history" which is more closely akin to fantasy.  From what I know of the story so far, Konpeki no Kantai is such a story, as it has Admiral Yamamoto knowing things he could not possibly have known at the time of his death, as nobody on earth knew them in April 1943.

That doesn't change their entertainment value, though.  Such fantasies can be fun.

Except hard science fiction is -fiction-.

You can argue all you want about Captain Kirk, but arguing for Admiral Yamamoto is to ignore the reality of the situation. (ie: Admiral Yamamoto NEVER wanted to go to war with the USA but he had his orders)

Congratulations, you just realized why anyone who at least pretended to pay attention during history class hates alternate history stories by default.

I disagree with that, somewhat.  Though I am not a history major (I needed to get a degree that would help me earn a living), I have read a lot of history.  But at the same time, I have read a lot of science fiction.  Hard science fiction.  And the basic premise of hard science fiction is to change one aspect of reality and follow it through to the logical consequences.  Alternate history, when properly written, does the same thing: it changes one aspect of known history and follows the consequences to a logical conclusion.

When properly done, it can be interesting and need not result in a migraine.

And then there is so-called "alternate history" which is more closely akin to fantasy.  From what I know of the story so far, Konpeki no Kantai is such a story, as it has Admiral Yamamoto knowing things he could not possibly have known at the time of his death, as nobody on earth knew them in April 1943.

That doesn't change their entertainment value, though.  Such fantasies can be fun.

I just realized something, this is worse change to history than Zipang... Curing beriberi means that japan is now able to avoid 2/3 of all deaths (~20000 of the ~30000 dead in the siege of port arthur) in the russo-japanese war; I think he just pushed the Second Sino-japanese war and WW2 earlier by 10 years.

Congratulations, you just realized why anyone who at least pretended to pay attention during history class hates alternate history stories by default.

Anyone else feel like the heart throbbing is from seeing Saki all tied up in bondage? ;p

Spoiler

I knew there is a primal fault with the Schroedinger's Cat mental experiment.   And where do I find it?  Here.   Parallel realities:  possible superpositions, despite the usefulness of Feynman diagrams, end up bonkers.   They can't close.   If I can wrap up what I mean by "close": maybe a Nobel.  Or more likely:  a wind chime ding. 

What is is.  What ain't ain't.

I just realized something, this is worse change to history than Zipang... Curing beriberi means that japan is now able to avoid 2/3 of all deaths (~20000 of the ~30000 dead in the siege of port arthur) in the russo-japanese war; I think he just pushed the Second Sino-japanese war and WW2 earlier by 10 years.

How the fuck do they come up with him as a suspect? They cannot find the tea cups which is suspicious and he had nothing to do with those. Furthermore, he saved her life right there.

Plot stupidity.

remember, saving her life means now he has her favour.......muhahahahahaha

Here are couple of screen captures from the DVD:

Spoiler

Welp that was brutal

Is it that bad? Do share.

Here are couple of screen captures from the DVD:

Spoiler

How the fuck do they come up with him as a suspect? They cannot find the tea cups which is suspicious and he had nothing to do with those. Furthermore, he saved her life right there.

Plot stupidity.

Spoiler

No,

Spoiler

She ded. He ded. Everyone ded. The end.

No,

Spoiler

Sniper in the book depository.
She ded. He ded. Everyone ded. The end.

Well, I bet they'll blame jin for this